It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what to get a 1 week old baby

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
i am rubbish at gift ideas,
so i thought i would ask everyone for their opinion
what would you get a 1 week old girl

it has to last
and something that will be fun

budget £0-£70

[edit on 5-6-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I like to give the parents of babies diapers. In my experience, all parents will gladly accept them. Also, even if they are too big, they will grow into them.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

well the rule of thumb is, anything that can help the mommy is usually a safe bet. Clothing like jumpers or pajamas are a good idea or a cute lil day outfit however keep in mind babies grow fast.

Toys are fun, but baby at one week old doesn't really play with toys, he/she is probably more interested in body parts or sleeping/eating/pooping at this stage.

So I would say the gift hamper is the best gift at this stage. One like these ...

baby hampers

[edit on 5-6-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

Definitely a great gift! lol
I cannot see any new parent not appreciating those

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I agree with the previous ideas. A nice comfy fleecy blanket is something my son LOVED as an infant.
Congrats Bodrul, and give my best to the family from the 'bozo man.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
If you want it so that its a keepsake for her, What about a locket with her name on it, and a lil piccy of her, www.babyexperiences.co.uk...

Or them 3d glass cubes with her photo in it? laser glass i think its called,
www.wholekitnkaboodle.com...

Or a new bord baby hamper
www.giftinspiration.com...

you can look around for cheaper ones, that or buy a basket and go out and fill it with bits to make your own,

[edit on 5-6-2008 by asala]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Hey Bodrul. You're a photographer. I did something for the first year or two. Every couple of days I would photograph my son in the same position. I plan to scan them all in and do a morph of how he changed. Just a fun idea you might enjoy.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
thanks for the ideas guys

i will get her clothes and look into your idea asala

i am taking loads of picture lombozo,

from 2 hours after she was born to now

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Formula, Diapers, Wipes, Onesies, re usable diapers (they come in real handy trust me) pasifyers, bottles, more diapers,

Believe me the mom will love you if you get stuff like I listed above for the baby. Babys require a lot of diapers.
bein the lil poop machines they are.

Other than that, clothes, always and forever clothes. Clothes and maybe even some more clothes. These things mommys need in abundance. Children grow so freakin fast it's amaising.

join