It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another L'il Lombozo Bithday Comin' Up. Some More Reflectin'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
So in several weeks my bestest Buddy in the world will be turning 6. Dang! Six!
This is part 2 of a thread I started last year before his 5th Birthday:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Yep, he's turning six. It's been a tumultuous year in my life to say the least. We've all heard the term that it's been a roller coaster ride. Man. It certainly applies here. Had some great things happen, and some not so great things happen. But no matter what, one thing always made me pull my boots up and keep on going. My Son. I'm lucky enough that I'm aware of how special every single second with him is. Nine years ago, I was given 6 months to live, and I'm glad to report that I am cancer free now for 8 years. I treasure every moment as though it will be my last on earth. That's why I am so aware of everything, and NEVER sweat the small stuff.
Often times when I'm alone I reflect on things. This is another reflection.
Starting this past September, my son has been going to a school which is specifically designed for Autistic children. The difference in him is absolutely astounding. The addition of PT, and OT have made such a difference. One year ago, he was so internalized. He would 'shut down' if there were any deviation from his routine, or if there were any people he was unfamiliar with.
This year he caught his first fish. Started karate, and is up to his purple belt. EVERY day I have what's called 'story time'. It's exactly what ti sounds like. He snuggles up to me, and I ask him what subject the story should be about. It's almost always a scary story with the monster(s) of his choice. I make it up as I go along, and we always giggle at a silly ending. This year he started telling me stories. Gotta tell you, the kid has an imagination! This year his vocabulary has grown exponentially. This year he learned how to dial a phone, and he memorized my number. I get quite a few calls a day now - nothing brightens my day like one of those calls. This year he learned what death is. This year he learned the responsibility of having his own pet fish. This year he learned that saying I love you has a real meaning to it. This year he started learning how to negotiate.
I am so proud of what he's accomplished, and can't wait to see what this year brings!
I Love You Little Dude!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

as each birthday goes its nice to know you can be proud of what you acomplished with your Kid

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
You're a great father, Lombozo. I always enjoy reading your threads about him. He's a treasure. My son (a purple belt as well) will be turning 8 in a few weeks....boy's are special. Well, so are girls, mine is 13 now and 'special' is not really a word I would use to describe her right now.

Happy Birthday to the 'little guy'.

Rush

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Lombozo, after finally hearing "Little Dude's" voice on one of your podcasts and reading about him I can certainly say that you have a veritable treasure there.
Enjoy him and his presence in your life daily. They grow up so fast.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
BTW, he was awfully cute chiming in on the BTS Mix.

Rush

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Fantastic!! a HUGE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

to him my friend!

My little one is only 1.5y/o hehehe and already i can see the little person comming out. In fact, i could see that months ago but this is about your kid

Thanks for sharing!!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Yep, he made his crash appearance on the latest BTS Mix 13. He's almost as much a ham as I. Thanks for the kind words!

Shearder my friend, congrats on your little one. Is it the coolest experience in the world or what? Never, EVER hesitate to come in on a thread of mine and talk about your little treasure!

[edit on 6-6-2008 by lombozo]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Thanks a ton

I will take you up on that offer

Oh it is THE coolest thing in the world. I could never compare it to anything. And the way she says "daddy" just melts my heart. She is a little one and when she sees other little kids she looks and points and says "baba? ohhhhhh" almost like an adult remarking how cute they are and she is, as i mentions only 15.5months not even 1.5 years - months LOL

I would never change a thing and sleepless nights i can count on one hand and would do it all over again. When there is music playing she starts dancing out her own and "sings" only words she really knows hehehe... last night she was splashing in the tub and she knew she was making a mess but she was lauging so hard to herself with each splash how could i stop her hehehehe the mess was worth her happiness and laughter!!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

Beautiful man! That is so cool! I totally agree with you in every way.
People always used to tell me when my son was that age that it will only get better. I would think to myself, How can it get better? My son will be turning 6 next month, and I can tell you, it DOES get better.
Enjoy her!
Stay cool Bro'

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Thanks lombozo! You too bud! And as you say, i wonder how it could ever get any better.

Take care and tell him a friend from South Africa says HELLOOOOOOO

top topics

join