It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top U.S. Air Force official resigns: report

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It doesn't have anything to do with Iran, etc. It has everything to do with Minot doing a CONUS sortie with live nukes to Barksdale AFB, the shipping of some sensitive goodies to Taiwan, and then Minot stepping on their crank and failing their NSI after having 6+ months to get their act together.

I'm willing to bet that at Minot, there are a fair amount of Senior officers and NCO looking thru the want-ads for work. They'll be measuring their remaining AF careers in days, if not seconds

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gottago

Gotta,

What do you mean 'fundamental weirdness', this is the first time I am hearing of this. Do you have a link?

Thanks,
M

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
These officers are taking the fall for the order that came from the top to move these nukes to Barksdale. There is no way in Hell that some airman moved a nuke, or even touched a nuke without a direct order. Even the base commander doesn't have the autority to load one on a plane without orders from centcom. And they are controlled down to the inch. I couldn't even misplace a screwdriver and not have an investigation before I was ever released for that day. Accountability is parimount in the millitary and 1000 times more important with nukes. So don't think for one second that the nukes traveling cross country wasn't a direct order from the top. This is the kind of thing that makes America look stupid. Way to go Cheney.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

And that incident at Barksdale may not be quite what you think it was.

Check out this Global Research article called B-52 Nukes Headed for Iran, Not For Decommissioning: Airforce Refused for an interesting alternative interpretation.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Maybe it was because after the carring the bombs across the USA they didnt learn anything at Minot.

The 5th Bomb Wing at Minot Air Force Base, N.D., has failed its
much-anticipated defense nuclear surety inspection, according to a Defense Threat Reduction Agency report.

DRTA inspectors gave the wing an “unsatisfactory” grade Sunday after
uncovering many crucial mistakes during the weeklong inspection, which began
May 17. They attributed the errors primarily to lack of supervision and
leadership among security forces.
Inspectors from Air Combat Command also participated, but the Air Force
refused to provide specifics on their findings.

Security broke down on multiple levels during simulated attacks across the base, including against nuclear weapons storage areas, according to the DTRA report, a copy of which was obtained by Air Force Times. Inspectors watched as a security forces airman played video games on his
cell phone while standing guard at a “restricted area perimeter,” the DTRA
report said. Meanwhile, another airman nearby was “unaware of her duties and responsibilities” during the exercise.

The lapses are baffling, given the high-level focus on Minot since last
August, when 5th Bomb Wing airmen mistakenly loaded six nuclear-tipped
cruise missiles onto a B-52 Stratofortress and flew them to Barksdale Air
Force Base, La., where the plane sat on the flight line, unattended, for
hours. That incident not only embarrassed the Air Force, but raised concerns worldwide about the deterioration in U.S. nuclear safety standards. Col. Joel Westa took command of the 5th Bomb Wing following that fiasco.
After it failed an initial nuclear surety inspection, or dry run, in
December, Westa acknowledged this inspection was going to be the “most
scrutinized inspection in the history of time.”
Even so, airmen were unprepared.
FAILED AGAIN!!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Absolutely, and 'someone' let the cat out of the bag that they were being moved. Nuclear fuses to Taiwan, nice little message to China. 'Someone' leaked that too. Guess these guys are paying for a lack of loyalty and/or are the patsy's/fallguys.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by HimWhoHathAnEar]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
There is a lot of speculation that this is not just about the nuke mistake. This must also be seen as an answer to the problems with the Joint Strike Fighter development and possibly different views on defense issues. There is new evidence that the JSF will face another delay and cost increase. It also looks like there is a lot of corruption between the USAF and Lockheed-Martin.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Just think of it this way. At least they're getting fired and not getting the Darth Vader treatment. I would think the execution of our officers would be the last thing we'd want.
Sorry for bordering going off topic.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I have heard rumors that the Whitehouse is forcing a change in basic doctrine. This has been refused and ridiculed by the brave men and women in charge of our Armed Forces.

I was told that it is something akin to stacking the supreme court. The persons in charge at the Whitehouse want it done their way or its the highway.

This is all rumor and may not be true at all. Just stuff I have heard.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bamaoutlaw

i bet they really know who fired the missle at the pentagone and who really destroyed the twin towers

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Oh wow, ats link on eyewitness to b52's

Could these two things be related?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join