It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 2008, our best-month ever on ATS!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
May 2008 was our best month ever on AboveTopSecret.com. And the numbers prove that the world is noticing the phenomenal content you, our members, are contributing to knowledge-base that is ATS. Here's a look at some of the amazing numbers...

The Overview

Impressive numbers that have combined to give us an excellent 3,674 Quantcast rank. That number of nearly 10 million pages viewed translates to an average of 4 pages a second being delivered to ATS visitors in May.

Over 2 Million Total Visits

Here you can see the make-up of the traffic that came to ATS in May.

Over 1 Million Visits From Search

This one just blows me away... over 1.1 million visits from search engines, from searches on 498,277 different search terms. And, those visitors from search are looking at more than four pages when they click into ATS... that means they're interested in what you're writing.

Over 6,000 Referring Websites

We had an amazing 369,444 visits from 6,493 different referring websites with links to content on ATS. This shows that many other website owners think our member's content is interesting enough to recommend it to their visitors.

Over 600,000 Different Pages Viewed

Here's another "knock your socks off" data-point, the people coming to ATS did so to read the content on 644,417 distinct pages... that means well over half-a-million different thoughts, ideas, and theories our members have created were seen by the world this month.

We Compare Well...

Google Analytics enables us to compare our performance against other types of sites. Here, we've compared three categories of metrics to other "News & Current Events Sites" similar in size to ATS, and within the Google Analytics network.

Top-Fifty Pages

Here are the top-fifty pages viewed by visitors in May. (The other 644,367 are not shown
)

Top-Fifty Searches

And the top-fifty search terms bringing visitors to ATS.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Congrats to every member of this site for contributing to the success that we are seeing here today! We're on our way.

I remember in a poll about a year ago, 9/11 topics came back relatively minor as oppose to aliens, UFO's, etc. Has this been an ongoing trend for some time now that people are beginning to separate themselves from the discussion of the events on September 11th?

(I know I rarely discuss it anymore)

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I would like to point out that "SkunkWorks" is our second most popular forum topics page. All those who fear their threads get "buried away" in SkunkWorks need to realize this.

Absolutely stellar performance!

Springer...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I ran into a friend of mine recently that I hadn't seen in years.

It turns out that she works online doing some kind of traffic monitoring for French companies targeting the Quebec market.

When I told her about ATS and about some of our numbers she was blown away, especially by the million uniques a month.

A sense of pride came over me that we should all share.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
WooHoo!!!! And its only going to get more popular....you guys have your work cut out for you. On that note, I would like to thank all the owners and moderators for all their hard work to make ATS a great, fun, respectable site to be apart of.

.....I spend so much time on here while at work I'm starting to feel like its part of my job

ATS is my drug of choice

[edit on 5-6-2008 by QBSneak000]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
As just a regular guy who participates in this phenomenon, I actually am kind of proud.

Maybe we can, through communications and sharing of thoughts and ideas, make a difference.

I know this is not an average 'venture' and there is something deeper behind the 'hype' - thanks for letting me 'play in the fields of the lord' everybody.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
As just a regular guy who participates in this phenomenon, I actually am kind of proud.

You should, the ONLY thing that generates those impressive numbers is the content created by members like you and me.

Originally posted by Maxmars
I know this is not an average 'venture' and there is something deeper behind the 'hype' -

THANK YOU for that, it's very TRUE, there's a group of volunteers working their butts off being led by three regular guys behind it. Nothing more and nothing less.

Springer...

[edit on 6-5-2008 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

THANK YOU for that, it's very TRUE, there's a group of volunteers working their butts off being led by three regular guys behind it. Nothing more and nothing less.

I'd like to expand on this thought a bit. When I was in talks with various financing sources last year, the thing that always impressed the most was the volunteer aspect. the staff, as well as the members, doing what they do, on their own time, to provide the public with an environment such as this is, truly, remarkable.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I don't think it's any coincidence that the huge leap forwards came around the time I joined and has continued as I became a very regular contributor.

Seriously though, this is great news - the more people look at ATS, the more people will hopefully start questioning the rubbish spewed forth by the MSM.

That can only be a good thing.

ATS - Changing the world one post at a time.

Really chuffed for all our members - and I include the staff and owners in the category of members of course.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
You make me proud ATS. This site is one of a kind, which I rely on for most of todays top news.

I recommend this site to many people in my line of work (high speed tech support). I talk to a lot of "newbies" to the internet who ask for a good site to read, this one tops my list.

Way to go ATS, my second home.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i think those numbers are great for the website but...

on the darker side of things, doesn't this just mean more people for the blue list ( www.uaff.us... ) i personally think its too late for everyone already here to stop whats coming, but then again maybe they will be able to educate themselves enough to save themselves

Tankthinker, brining you the different perspective

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

THANKS Rhain, that's awesome.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hi all. Me again.

Just wanted to let you all know the latest stats on ATS I found.

Most registered users ever on ATS in one day: 3,438 on Jun 5 2008 @ 02:30 GMT
Most new posts on ATS in one 24-hour period: 5,592 on Jun 3 2008 @ 04:20 GMT

Source scroll to bottom of page.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Those are awesome stats! Hats off to all the members, especially the three amigos, I don't know what I'd do with this tin hat if it wasn't for them...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What a great community we are building here. I am not surprised to see the stats, but I am very proud of this incredible team effort which makes us #1.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Congratulations to S.O., Springer, and Simon for making ATS the OUTSTANDING site that it is. My thanks to all Mod's and unseen staff who do the "grunt" duties to make ATS work so flawlessly! I am always amazed and surprised by the variety of threads and posts that contribute to the phenomena that is ATS.

I have said it before... even though there are some on here who really challenge my views on who or what we as educated members should be. If I ever met anyone in real life who said they were a member of ATS... I would immediately assume they were an intelligent person, and one who cares enough about what is happening in our world right now to try and make a difference.

ATS is the cure for Sheeple Syndrome... lol

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I am actually VERY proud to be part of ATS!!

GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
You have to appreciate the speed of this sight with all of that traffic. This site loads faster than many with half the traffic. This sight has got alot of talent and technolgy to keep up behind the seens.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
That's cool I guess

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Very well done! It is quite amazing how many members and posts are now a part and put on this site. It's good to see that many American and other people from around the world are looking to educate themselves through their own research.

This is empowerment!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join