It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you justify voting Bush?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Thats just it,there is no policy for anything in this war party except more war. They do not know how to keep jobs here,they do not know how to keep the borders tight despite the massive influx of federal criminals(illegal aliens)coming in,they do not know how at least to look like they know what they are doing,they are botching everything they touch and now it seems that religion is way to much in the forefront.
These guys maybe were o.k. at their jobs when they were second in charge but since they all got promoted to leadership positions it is quite clear they dont know what to do.
I cant wait(but will have to)until they are all gone after the election and somebody else takes over. These guys are just embarrasing.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
First off, Bush has done a lot of things besides making war.

I am not a huge advocate for him, if fact, I hate him, but I will still vote for him because I can not vote for Kerry.

I agree with you on the border, but what is the solution? Should he close the border and be called a racist before an election? No, that would be stupid.

Can we really stop the outsourcing (which by the way has been happening for quite a long time, so it is not just Bush) of jobs? I don't know.

His environmental track record sucks, but he has done many things that probably don't reach the ears of the ABB folks like yourself.

You should read about what he has done specifically, and address those.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I dont know what he has done,thats the point. What has he done? I honestly cant think of anything.
do you know?

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Just checking back,its been a while. Your probably still looking for something good he's done,,,,,,good luck

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well, let me just start off by saying that I'm not a Bush fan. I don't like his Foreign policy, I don't like the way he is trying to run the world, and I don't like what he has done to our economy. But, on the brighter side, Bush *may* have stopped Millions of deaths (assuming that Iraq actually had Weapons of Mass Destruction) becuase of Saddam and his supposed weapons. Also, if Bush didn't start pursuing terrorism, then this country may have been in ruins by now from Ossama Bin Laden, or any other lowlife terrorist. This election, I probably won't vote Bush, but does it really matter what we vote anyhow? Those electorial votes are really what matter.

J.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
yes I do, and I will post them for your viewing pleasure since you can not seem to do any research for yourself.

-Bush signs 'do-not-call' bill into law Tuesday, September 30, 2003
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Amid ongoing legal battles, President Bush signed into law Monday a bill giving the Federal Trade Commission the authority to administer a new do-not-call registry -- a move opposed by telemarketers.
CNN-Do not call list

-President Bush signs Wetlands Act
The Democrat.com
By James L. Cummins
January 7, 2002

President George W. Bush recently signed into law the reauthorization of the North American Wetlands Conservation Act. It's purpose is to encourage voluntary partnerships among public agencies and the private sector to conserve North American wetland ecosystems.
Wetlands Act

-President Bush's "National Parks Legacy Project" includes proposals to enhance the protection of America's national parks and increase the enjoyment of those visiting the parks.
Legacy Project fact sheet

-President Bush signs Internet Access Taxation Moratorium so the growth of the Internet is not slowed by taxation.

-President Bush announces plan to strengthen Peace Corps. WASHINGTON, D.C., February 3, 2003 � Today, President Bush unveiled his budget for fiscal year 2004, which would provide the Peace Corps with $359 million dollars. The increased funding is part of the President�s five-year plan to double the number of volunteers serving in the Peace Corps by 2007
Peace Corps Media

- Bush Signs Economic Stimulus Bill
BY PATRICIA WILSON
WASHINGTON - (Reuters) - President Bush signed legislation on Saturday that extends unemployment benefits and cuts taxes for businesses, ending a political feud over recession relief even as the economy picks up on its own.
Economy

-Bush signs $190 billion farm bill
'Farming is the first industry of America'
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush on Monday signed a 10-year, $190 billion farm bill that promises to expand subsidies to growers.

"This bill is generous and will provide a safety net for farmers, and it will do so without encouraging overproduction and depressing prices," Bush said at a signing ceremony. "It will allow farmers and ranchers to plan and operate based on market realities, not government dictates."
Farm Bill

-President Bush signs Border Security and Visa Entry Reform Act.
President signs border security bill

By Gail Repsher Emery
Staff Writer

President Bush May on 14 signed a bill designed to strengthen U.S. visa controls and border security.

The Enhanced Border Security and Visa Entry Reform Act requires, by October 2004, the implementation of an integrated entry and exit data system and tamper-resistant, machine-readable visas with biometric identifiers.

The House had passed H.R. 3525 by a 411-0 vote May 8 after the Senate allowed the removal of a provision that would have exempted the Justice Department from procurement rules when buying a computer system to screen visa applicants.
Border Act

-President Bush signs Corporate Corruption Bill. WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush signed into law Tuesday the Accounting Industry Reform Act, a legislative recipe concocted to end so-called "book-cooking" accounting tricks that have alarmed investors.
CNN-CC Bill

-WHITEHOUSE ANNOUNCES CAMPAIGN TO PROMOTE ADOPTION
President Bush said that �adoption reveals the good heart of America� at the White House launch in July of a new campaign to promote adoption. The President was joined by First Lady Laura Bush and actor Bruce Willis, who will serve as the campaign�s spokespersons. The campaign will feature public service announcements as well as the first federal adoption website, AdoptUSKids.org, which will include pictures and profiles of more than 6,500 foster children available for adoption.

For more information click here:
www.adoptuskids.org...

The last one is the best

I am all about adoption, and to orginize it and aid adoption by having a website is awesome.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Oh, and sorry it took so long, I had to fix my kids some lunch.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Oh, and sorry it took so long, I had to fix my kids some lunch.

Schooled by the Jethro man!

And yes I will be contributing to this argument in a minute.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Do you really think that the war on terrorism has stopped any attacks?Please. We all know that there are cells here,supposedly.
We all know the borders are wide open and anybody who wants can come into this place.
The lack of response to the war parties invasion in the middle east is very suspicious.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashley
Do you really think that the war on terrorism has stopped any attacks?Please. We all know that there are cells here,supposedly.
We all know the borders are wide open and anybody who wants can come into this place.
The lack of response to the war parties invasion in the middle east is very suspicious.

Only way to fix the border situation would be to post the military on border patrol but that is something the Democrats are highly opposed to, seeing as they are all for programs granting illegals special exemptions and lower college tuition than state residents.

And yes there are cells everywhere globally its a known fact. Thats why the war on terrorism must continue, and yes an attack has been averted only reason you dont know is because it didnt happen.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I don't know for certain if, or if not this war has done anything but hurt us. I just think that if President Bush didn't do anything about terrroism, then we may be controlled by terrorists, or we may have lost several Million people. Also, we may not have lost anyone...that we don't know for sure, but never the less, I believe that the war was needed, and for Iraq, you know it, and I know it that the world will be much safer when the Iraqi civilians take over governing their country, and they have control. He was not only a thread to the United States, but more importantly, he was a threat to world peace.

J.

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by Milton]

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
What you have to understand Milton, and this goes for Ashley too, is that the fighting terrorism is a doubt edged sword.

Our policy in the past has angered certain groups, this is irrefutable.

So we fight-We will have limited victories and be judged more harshly by the world (depending) and certainly by those who are terrorist sympathisors or at the least the on the fence people.

So we lie down-We open ourselves up to new vigor because of the lack of repercussion even in the face of a terrible attack on innocent people.

You can't come in and crap on policy and not have something to replace it with or a way to fix it.

That serves to create pointlessness.

Oh, and Ashley, thanks for obviously taking the time to read and investigate the myriad information I provided you and responding accordingly.

This is why I have not done this for you before, but you have proved yourself unworthy of teaching.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Man, that is a long one. I dont know how to work this computer well enough to respond individually. Some of those are good some of those are just lip service. A lot of those are just plans and proposals and will never see results.
I still am unimpressed with the man. I think the ship is sinking and even when this administration is gone there is going to be alot of work for Kerry to do to put it back together if he can.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Man, that is a long one. I dont know how to work this computer well enough to respond individually. Some of those are good some of those are just lip service. A lot of those are just plans and proposals and will never see results.
I still am unimpressed with the man. I think the ship is sinking and even when this administration is gone there is going to be alot of work for Kerry to do to put it back together if he can.

That is fine, if you think it's worthy or unworthy as policy, I don't care, that is your opinion.

My point is, is READ. Do a little research before you say something and your point will be taken more seriously.

I remember having this talk with you before.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I do read jethro, my point is that the roof is on fire and you want to give this man credit for replacing a window screen.
There are more important tasks to be done than saving a wetland. That is important I guess,but not top of the list.
Kind of trivial when you think of the state of the country right now.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I do read jethro, my point is that the roof is on fire and you want to give this man credit for replacing a window screen.
There are more important tasks to be done than saving a wetland. That is important I guess,but not top of the list.
Kind of trivial when you think of the state of the country right now.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
OK, here's a good time to back up what you say.

What IS the state of this country?

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   

The dollar is tanking with no bottom in sight, too many people are losing there jobs. Bankruptcies, foreclosures are doing well though.
The low interest rate driven economy is about over, perpetual war is still going strong.
To many illegals are breaking into this country,these criminals are then rewarded,young americans dont work now because hard work is beneath them.
Some other guy above said thats because the democrats want it that way....Guess what the republicans are in charge now........ proposing amnesty.
The list is endless(really) not to mention the amount of money that is being wasted in the middle east for the vacationing presidents crusade.
I dont even no where to stop but im sure you've read the papers and already seen the stats.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   

The dollar is tanking with no bottom in sight, too many people are losing there jobs. Bankruptcies, foreclosures are doing well though.
The low interest rate driven economy is about over, perpetual war is still going strong.
To many illegals are breaking into this country,these criminals are then rewarded,young americans dont work now because hard work is beneath them.
Some other guy above said thats because the democrats want it that way....Guess what the republicans are in charge now........ proposing amnesty.
The list is endless(really) not to mention the amount of money that is being wasted in the middle east for the vacationing presidents crusade.
I dont even no where to stop but im sure you've read the papers and already seen the stats.

Amnesty has been proposed because if you literally drove out every illegal in America our economy would collapse, your being so ingorant about this.

I didnt say that democrats wanted amnesty, I said they wanted to keep troops off the borders, because ethnics are their prime base of support, you lay off illegals and you get mexican votes.

And you constantly bring up economic issues, do you have any clue to what your talking about? Economies run in cycles, what we are experiencing is the result of Clinton policies as Clintons economic upswing was from the Reagan/Bush years, wise up!Or is economics to big for your head to wrap around. The dollar is in the trash because the Euro is too strong. GAAAHH! I cant listen to you anymore, its making my head hurt, you take what I say out of context and yet never adress me, give me one direct link to what bush has done and the economy, not well bush is in office and the economy sucks, NO I want a direct link or is that too tough for you, and look up the democratic policy on troops on the border.

And another thing you ignorant heap, where are these stats! Produce them and I will start taking you seriously!

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by Agent47]

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I don't think it is possible to justify a vote for King George W. Bush, or the Halliburton dynasty.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by kryptos]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join