It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 is nothing but smoke and mirrors !!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey

It amazes me that people to this day are this ignorant and stupid.

I for one will NOT be cringing in fear in a hole in the ground. If the end comes (doubtful) I will be holding my head up high !

Well good for you !!! Perhaps the 2012 prophecy has nothing to do with a Galatic Alignment !!! But there is no doubt the world is heading towards a huge crisis - just logical - 6.6 Billion people - Environmental concerns - disgusting abuses of Natural resources - all because modern man thinks he is clever when in actual fact he is really quite stupid.

Just a little tip - things to watch for - more crop failures - plagues of locusts - as the cost for fuel keeps increasing along with costs of other essentials like food etc there will be an increase in conflicts right across the globe.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
It is time for all you 2012 doomsday preachers to wake up and get a grip ! The world is NOT going to end on that date. there is going to be NOTHING period.

You may be right that the world may not end, but you're wrong that nothing will happen. On the contrary alot of things happen in 2012...here is a list taken from wikipedia:

January

* January 1 — Poland will adopt the Euro as its official currency.
* January 15 — Presidential elections in Finland
* January 31 — 433 Eros, the second-largest Near Earth Object on record (size 13x13x33 km) will pass Earth at 0.1790 astronomical units (~26.8 million kilometers; ~16.6 million miles). NASA studied Eros with the NEAR Shoemaker probe launched on 1996-02-17.[1]

February

* February 5 — Super Bowl XLVI will be played at Lucas Oil Field in Indianapolis, Indiana.
* February 6 — Queen Elizabeth II will celebrate her Diamond Jubilee. A series of festivities across the United Kingdom and Commonwealth of Nations will likely run throughout the year.

April

* April 1 — The United States Census of 1940 is released to the public.
* April 17 — The United States will cede wartime control of the military of the Republic of Korea after 50 years and dissolve the Combined Forces Command. Two distinct military commands (South Korea and the United States) will operate in Korea during wartime, rather than one unified command under the Combined Forces Command.

May

* May 20 — Annular solar eclipse, a Sunday.
* May - French Presidential election (if the incumbent's term had normally finished in May).
* May - Irish general election is due to be held if the current government remains in office for a full term.

June

* June 6 — Second and last solar transit of the planet Venus of this century; the next pair is predicted to occur in 2117 and 2125 (see Transit of Venus, 2012).
* June 9–July 1 — 2012 European Football Championship will be played in Poland/Ukraine.

July

* July 1 — Presidential Elections in Mexico.
* July 27 — Opening ceremony of the 2012 Summer Olympics begins in London at 7:30 pm UTC, 8:30pm BST.[2]

August

* August 12 — Closing ceremony of the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, United Kingdom, a Sunday.
* August 29 — Start of the 2012 Summer Paralympics

September

* September 9 — End of the 2012 Summer Paralympics

October

* October 19 — at 01:36 UTC, the Earth will be home to 7 billion people, according to the US Census Bureau.[3][4]

November

* November 6 — The United States Presidential, Senate, and House of Representatives elections.
* November 6 — Puerto Rico general election
* November 13 — Total solar eclipse (visible in northern Australia and the South Pacific).
* November 28 — Penumbral lunar eclipse

December

* December - Presidential elections in South Korea to elect the 18th President.
* December 3 — Jupiter oppositions.
* December 21 — Winter Solstice at 11:11 UTC.[5]
* December 21 — The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, notably used by the Maya civilization among others of pre-Columbian Mesoamerica, completes its thirteenth b'ak'tun cycle since the calendar's mythical starting point (equivalent to 3114 BC August 11 in the proleptic Gregorian calendar, according to the "GMT-correlation" JDN= 584283).[6] The Long Count b'ak'tun date of this starting point (13.0.0.0.0) is repeated, for the first time in a span of approximately 5,125 solar years. The significance of this period-ending to the pre-Columbian Maya themselves is unclear, and there is an incomplete inscription (Tortuguero Monument 6) that records this date. It is also to be found carved on the walls of the Temple of Inscriptions in Palenque, where it functions as a base date from which other dates are computed.[7] However, it is conjectured that this may represent in the Maya belief system a transition from the current Creation world into the next.[citation needed]
* December 23 — The alternative date for the completion of the thirteenth b'ak'tun cycle in the Maya calendar, using a version of the GMT-correlation based on a JDN of 584285 (a.k.a. the "astronomical" or "Lounsbury correlation"), which is supported by a smaller number of Mayanist researchers.[8]
* December 31 — Expiration of the Kyoto Protocol.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I'M TELLING U NOW : U ONLY KNOW 1 PART OF IT THERES MUCH MORE THAN THE CALENDAR : ITS NOT JUS THE CALENDAR THERES MEANT TO BE A PLANET INVOLVED CALLED PLANET X OR A.K.A PLANET NIBIRU WHICH IS COMING TO OUR SOLAR SYSTEM IT ORBITS OUR EARTH EVERY 36000 YEARS WHICH IS THE PLANET THAT CAUSED NOAH'S FLOOD : SO SEARCH ON GOOGLE NIBIRU ITS A PROVEN FACT THAT ITS COMING IN 2012

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nibiru2012

Okay Nibiru2012 that just registered today. Did you register specifically to post that message there? If you've come to ATS to convince everyone that Nibiru is real, you are sadly mistaken. Of course I'm not going to be the one to break it to you, I'm sure others will point it out in a less nicer fashion. Good luck on ATS....and the Reptilian threads are that way...(points to the right)...I'm sure you'll be interested in those as well.

EDIT: And typing in all capital letters does not get your point across any better or make you sound "hard," btw.

[edit on 6/12/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nibiru2012

I searched Google and assure you, nothing about it is "proven fact". And the prevailing theory is a 3600 year orbit, not 36000. I found several older sites that predicted it would pass us in May or June 2003. That didn't happen.

The Sumerians used the name Nibiru. The Babylonians called it Marduk. Most scientists believe that both were actually refering to Jupiter.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Grey

I'm inclined to agree with you Alpha.
The new agers out there have some idea in mind, but no one can exactly see eye to eye on this.
Everyone wants something to happen, but no one can agree as to what.
Who knows, maybe it's the day gasoline finally goes back to $0.47/gallon.
That'd be nice.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join