It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Alpha Grey
It amazes me that people to this day are this ignorant and stupid.
I for one will NOT be cringing in fear in a hole in the ground. If the end comes (doubtful) I will be holding my head up high !
Originally posted by Alpha Grey
It is time for all you 2012 doomsday preachers to wake up and get a grip ! The world is NOT going to end on that date. there is going to be NOTHING period.
* January 1 — Poland will adopt the Euro as its official currency.
* January 15 — Presidential elections in Finland
* January 31 — 433 Eros, the second-largest Near Earth Object on record (size 13x13x33 km) will pass Earth at 0.1790 astronomical units (~26.8 million kilometers; ~16.6 million miles). NASA studied Eros with the NEAR Shoemaker probe launched on 1996-02-17.
* February 5 — Super Bowl XLVI will be played at Lucas Oil Field in Indianapolis, Indiana.
* February 6 — Queen Elizabeth II will celebrate her Diamond Jubilee. A series of festivities across the United Kingdom and Commonwealth of Nations will likely run throughout the year.
* April 1 — The United States Census of 1940 is released to the public.
* April 17 — The United States will cede wartime control of the military of the Republic of Korea after 50 years and dissolve the Combined Forces Command. Two distinct military commands (South Korea and the United States) will operate in Korea during wartime, rather than one unified command under the Combined Forces Command.
* May 20 — Annular solar eclipse, a Sunday.
* May - French Presidential election (if the incumbent's term had normally finished in May).
* May - Irish general election is due to be held if the current government remains in office for a full term.
* June 6 — Second and last solar transit of the planet Venus of this century; the next pair is predicted to occur in 2117 and 2125 (see Transit of Venus, 2012).
* June 9–July 1 — 2012 European Football Championship will be played in Poland/Ukraine.
* July 1 — Presidential Elections in Mexico.
* July 27 — Opening ceremony of the 2012 Summer Olympics begins in London at 7:30 pm UTC, 8:30pm BST.
* August 12 — Closing ceremony of the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, United Kingdom, a Sunday.
* August 29 — Start of the 2012 Summer Paralympics
* September 9 — End of the 2012 Summer Paralympics
* October 19 — at 01:36 UTC, the Earth will be home to 7 billion people, according to the US Census Bureau.
* November 6 — The United States Presidential, Senate, and House of Representatives elections.
* November 6 — Puerto Rico general election
* November 13 — Total solar eclipse (visible in northern Australia and the South Pacific).
* November 28 — Penumbral lunar eclipse
* December - Presidential elections in South Korea to elect the 18th President.
* December 3 — Jupiter oppositions.
* December 21 — Winter Solstice at 11:11 UTC.
* December 21 — The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, notably used by the Maya civilization among others of pre-Columbian Mesoamerica, completes its thirteenth b'ak'tun cycle since the calendar's mythical starting point (equivalent to 3114 BC August 11 in the proleptic Gregorian calendar, according to the "GMT-correlation" JDN= 584283). The Long Count b'ak'tun date of this starting point (220.127.116.11.0) is repeated, for the first time in a span of approximately 5,125 solar years. The significance of this period-ending to the pre-Columbian Maya themselves is unclear, and there is an incomplete inscription (Tortuguero Monument 6) that records this date. It is also to be found carved on the walls of the Temple of Inscriptions in Palenque, where it functions as a base date from which other dates are computed. However, it is conjectured that this may represent in the Maya belief system a transition from the current Creation world into the next.
* December 23 — The alternative date for the completion of the thirteenth b'ak'tun cycle in the Maya calendar, using a version of the GMT-correlation based on a JDN of 584285 (a.k.a. the "astronomical" or "Lounsbury correlation"), which is supported by a smaller number of Mayanist researchers.
* December 31 — Expiration of the Kyoto Protocol.