It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guantanamo 9/11 suspects on trial

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Geneva Convention Articles 3 and 4 (out of 4 articles.) protect the prisoners captured in the middle east by the United States.
You really need to go back and read the Geneva convention.

Sorry, but it does not cover terrorists, so I guess you need to go back and comprehend what you are reading.

Torture, according to the United Nations Convention Against Torture,

Irrelevant since terrorists are not covered by the Conventions. Nice try though. Besides, I don't need someone to tell me what is or is not torture since I can think for myself and waterboarding is not torture.

Now, if you'd like to post an argument without blatantly lying to us, feel free.
But I'll be watching your posts a little more carefully now... and I WILL make an example of ANY liars when I come across them.

So are you going to make an example of yourself or are you intentionally being disingenuous?

Prove me wrong!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I have always wondered whether these guys involved with 911 have any info at all about who the main guys were that orchestrated the thing.

If it is true that the US government had a significant influence in orchestrating 911, how many people involved with its execution had any idea? Does this guy have anything to say about who was really behind it all?

I doubt any of these arrested suspects know a damn thing. My suspicion is that IF the US government was involved they would have worked through someone like Bin Laden who not probably not disclose any of the agenda to the subsequent 'minions' as it were... would explains why he'll never be found.

Anyone have any thoughts about what someone like this guy may know?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
A better solution would be to educate them as to why their actions are intrinsically disgusting, and try to get them to co-operate. The intelligence coup would be phenomenal.

"Due Process - now not for everyone!"

Haha, lemme guess? You're an Obama supporter?
These guys can not be converted to the good guys side (us). Did you not read what the guy is saying? He wants to be a martyr... he wants to die. How do you suppose we're going to persuade him? Tell him about all of the families he has destroyed? Talk to him about the dangers that this entire situation has led itself to? The murderer has dismissed his lawyers and the time to talk, like all the Obama supporters think is the best thing to do, is over. You can't deal with someone who wants to kill you.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Oh boy, where do I begin????
First of all, they are not criminals, they are terrorists.

Terrorists are not criminals? So they didn't commit any crimes or break any laws?

Secondly, they are not U.S. citizens nor or they protected under the Geneva convention.

Oh right. So because they're not US citizens, US laws do not apply to them. I guess all the arrested drug smugglers who come from S. America can get out of jail now, since they never had to follow US laws when on US soil.

They are terrorists who were caught on the battlefield and do not deserve any rights hence waterboarding is fine which is really not torture.

Not torture when applied to them, right? Because we have already deemed them as terrorists, even without a trial. Guilty until proven innocent, right? If waterboarding is not torture, then would you oppose the police force using it on civilians to get a confession out of them? Call me crazy, but I always thought drowining someone is considered torture, but I guess according to you, it's just another little activity residents of Abu Gharib and Guantanamo get to enjoy. Hey, do back massages also come with the deal too?

Great plan.
Yes, I agree, it is a great plan.

Yes, very great. Especially when it's then used on civilians. I'd love to see your reaction then.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
This trial is ridiculous, useless and a waste of time and money. After these terrorist were caught and interrogated, they should have been killed immediately. This entire process is disgusting. Come to think of it, perhaps these terrorists should have been shot immediately then we would not be having trial.

Thats horrible, why dont we just give up all the remaining american values and core beliefs, and go back to old world or 3rd would countries typse of justice system..

Without the trials and interrogation we would not learn who else, when else, why. Lets say your dad was walking next to this guy when they arrestted this guy, and shot this guy, your dads gonna get shot for waking with him, when all he was going to do was sell him some chichle. But we didnt arrest and trial, we just shot them both

good call!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Terrorists are not criminals? So they didn't commit any crimes or break any laws?

If you don't know the difference between the two then I cannot help you.
If you don't know the difference between a local street thug and a organized group attempting to destroy and kill you and your country, then again, I cannot help you.

Oh right. So because they're not US citizens, US laws do not apply to them.

Exactly, why is that so hard to understand.

I guess all the arrested drug smugglers who come from S. America can get out of jail now, since they never had to follow US laws when on US soil.

See my first point. If you don't understand the difference between the two then that is your problem.

Not torture when applied to them, right? Because we have already deemed them as terrorists, even without a trial. Guilty until proven innocent, right?[

Exactly correct again! You don't give trials to people caught of the battlefield attempting to kill soldiers of the U.S. and the allied forces.

If waterboarding is not torture, then would you oppose the police force using it on civilians to get a confession out of them?

I'm not sure if I would oppose it or not for U.S. civilians because well, they are U.S. citizens with all the rights afforded to them unlike terrorists.

Call me crazy

ok, you are crazy. Seriously, I don't think you are crazy, just misguided.

I always thought drowining someone is considered torture

They are NOT drowned. It only gives the sensation of being drowned. Big difference. Come on, stop being disingenuous.

Yes, very great. Especially when it's then used on civilians. I'd love to see your reaction then.

But it's not used on civilians so your point is moot.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mindping
Thats horrible, why dont we just give up all the remaining american values and core beliefs, and go back to old world or 3rd would countries typse of justice system..

The point is during wartime there is no justice system like you are thinking. If we used your way of thinking we would have never won WWI or WWII. Do you realize how many of the enemy were killed and not taken prisoner. Do you think that the prisoners we did take had civilian lawyers in a civilian justice system? Answer: NO!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It's a war for christs sake, this means eliminating the enemy at all costs.
Not capturing them and treating them like royalty, providing them with a good lawyer etc.
Unless i've misunderstood what war actually means.

<< 1   >>

join