It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mini Ice Age Is Already Here

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Greetings!

I dont know if the past few years were Global Warming, but i'm here to tell you today we are IN the ice age now.

It is June 5, and we, at least here in this Cape, have not been above the low 40's overnight, and reaching only 66 degrees during the day. I actually have some slick ice on my deck this morning, and the predictions were calling for at least 70 degrees!

The weatherman just said, "I, I, I dont know what happened...its only in the 40's, and that sunny day we were supposed to have? Not happening"
Reasuring words from your local weather person.

I have been in this state most of my life and this has never happened!

Now, a mini Ice Age has to start somewhere, and i beleive its starting here and now.

How's the weather where you are? And i am talking about the North because i realize the southern part of the country is warm, and the same,
except for the killer twisters!!!!

I bought a new umbrella yesterday for my picnic table, and maybe this is what prompted me to write about this today.

Even the cat wont go outside today. Are any of you much colder than it is here? If so, what do you think?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
uh oh, no matter how cold it is, some statistical trick will alwys allow them to claim that this particular month was 'among the hottest in recorded history'.

GW, pardon climate change, can't be disproven (or proven for that matter) anyway, so it's a safe bet, investment-wise, all else is secondary.

but i'm just being cynical, that's all.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
If a new mini ice age has started we should know in the next 20 or 30 years

One cold month, even a cold year doeth not a climate change make.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
meanwhile it was 95 degrees in NC yesterday and will push 100 today. just because you have one anomalous day that doesn't mean it's a trend. =P

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
No kidding, my friend, but its certainly starting to go downhill FAST!

Even the weather people cannot predict anything anymore!

That awful heat we have had for the past few years has been a process alredy leading up to what i would call the ice age, or at least some in coming change which we are seeing today.

The flowers started to bloom, then changed their minds. Its like they dont know what the heck is going on. All the beautiful blossoms out there are ready to bloom but they cant and they are falling off the brances- dead.

This hasnt happened overnight, its been a process.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
[edit on 5-6-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

I , of couse am not speaking about a one day occurrence. We are at the same stage we were in early spring.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
hmmm.... i need to seriously consider moving. it has been above average temps here in the ATX area for some time now. ac bill is already peaking where normally it would be middish july.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
You shouldnt move.

I have my heater on! Do you want to pay astronomical prices to heat your home year round?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Here in Britain, we get record breaking hot weather up until May, where we get occasional record breaking hot day and lots of rain and cold the rest.

Yet somehow global warming is causing this.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Maybe there is something wrong with the oceanic cycles? With all the fluctuation of temperatures and believe me I've noticed too this could very well be the case... If the cycle is getting ready to shut off what happens in the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" will happen for real... It's actually rather strange that some things that happened in this movie are starting to happen now.. hmmm..

In the section on Ocean Cycles under Climate Change Factors, we showed how the multidecadal cycles in the Atlantic and Pacific had a major influence on temperatures as well as storm tracks and resulting precipitation.

Full PDF

That PDF should answer your questions on why we are or could be experiencing these strange temperatures...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I will disclaim that what I'm about to say is just observation and not based on anything else.

It seems to me that there isn't so much warming or cooling going on but that the seasons are shifting a bit. When I was a kid I used to hear the saying "April showers bring May flowers." I always thought that was silly since (in my area) the rainy season started in May. Now as an adult I'm in roughly the same geographical area and the rainy season starts in June. All the seasons seem to be starting and ending about a month or so later than a few decades ago.
I have nothing scientific to back this up and I could be wrong but it is something I've observed (or mis-observed..hehe).

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Im in the upper northeast and its cold as heck still here.Only been to 70 a few times.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Yes! I am so glad you started this post because I have been noticing that the weather is very strange this year also. I live in Northern California and usually by this time we have had quite a few 100 degree days, but this year we have had maybe one. We have had thunderstorms also this year which pretty much never happens in the valley where I am. And it is so strange, it will start to warm up a little bit then it will go right back to rain and 70 degree temps. Anyways I have just noticed that it has been different.
I was noticing that the jet stream is a lot further south than usual; there is usually a high-pressure ridge that sets up off the coast during spring and stays there until fall which usually keeps our weather pretty hot, but this hasnt happened yet. Maybe there is something to the idea that the ocean currents are changing.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
DG do you suppose that we as a whole have experienced a few minor 'shifts' in earths polarity?

People in general will not notice what science knows and hides from the G.P.

Even the animals which for generations have made their migratory excursions in one place have moved several thousand feet to the east.

I see the validity of your OP, I see the change upon us and choose not to discredit anything. As for me I will continue to watch and wait.

Something very big is happening, and our fair leaders are not preparing for many of us to survive it.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Antar yes, even animals and birds are migrating further South.

They're looking for warmer climates- From what i've heard when that little Ice Age takes off, it will only affect the upper half of this country (north) so something is terribly wrong.

Of course i take into account that i am right over water, but we'd be in the 80's by now during the daytime and maybe high 60's ovrnight. Not so anymore, last week we had a couple of 38 degree overnights

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Ah, global warming......

The ice age has happened before, it will happen again despite humans and their green house gases. I believe we are in an interglacial period (between ice ages) Sure global warming is on the rise but mother nature always tends to balance herself in one way or another. It gets a lot warmer before it gets a lot colder.

Here in Vancouver, BC over the last few years, the local mountains have been getting record snowfall.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I know in So Cal we have had some odd weather,one day it's over 100 then next day cold and rainy,and up the road snow,so yes things are somewhat abnormal,had a very cold winter and spring as well

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I snowed in April in my town and i've lived here all my life and I've never seen this before. The snow pack on the mountains is the lowest its been for decades for this time of year. If you google Mt. Washington Alpine resort on Vancouver Island, Canada, you can see all the snow still there which is usualy far gone by this time of year. Yes, it has been miserably cold and the temperature has been consistantly far below normal for well over a year. Also, Google solar cyle 24 and read up on its delay to get a better understanding of what might be happening to our weather and impending mini ice age.

Take care,

David McCaig,
Victoria, Canada.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
You know,what gets me is that for instance, yesterday as i said the weathermen/women said it would be sunny and warm today.
I woke up this morning and it was once again, dark, dreary and in the 40's.

I think Antar was right, some kind of "shift" has happened. Now, the weather for tomorrow...yep you guessed it, sunny and WARM!!! That remains to be seen

I wouldnt make a big deal about it, and i know mother Earth is undergoing incredible changes, but jeeees, my health is suffering on account of this.

Arthritis, crunchy back (now there's a new one) depression, lack of sun in general.

I dont think its got anything to do with global warming, i cant quite understand where warming could lead up to Ice age, but stranger things happen, i guess.

Here's to some sunshine for those of us who arent getting any.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join