It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Bush cancel election?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

And unlike most of the other threads... I've been right.

I really hope you're right here as well. The best of luck to you on that.

I realize this has been rumored over and over, and I keep telling myself that. I keep telling myself that this is a load of hogwash, that it's nothing more than irrational chanting very akin to the 'end of the world' prophetics that have existed (and been wrong) since time immemorial.

Now if I can just convince myself of what I'm telling myself.
I do have this uneasy feeling...

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Your scared pooless of this happening, thats why your getting on the defencive, you need to start lookin at this possibility otherwise your gonna be left behind with the other ostriches

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
George Bush is a Super-Genius! If anyone could pull this off, it would be him.

Come on guys, which is it? Is Bush a super-genius or a bumbling fool?

That's a tough one for some of you. After years of claiming Bush was a bumbling fool, inarticulate, and dumb, now you claim he possesses some kind of super-intelligence in order to hold on to power.

You can't have it both ways.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative
Good point, but at least one ATS resident (me!
) has never said Bush was dumb. I said from the beginning that it takes a very intelligent individual to cause his enemies to underestimate his intelligence.

Bush is not dumb, he is very smart. If you disagree and call him a moron, my question then becomes, "If he's a moron and he's destroying your country and rights, what does that make you?"

He may be a wanna-be dictator, he may be the worst President in memory, he may be a progressive masquerading as a conservative... but he's definitely NOT dumb.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I most certainly can have it both ways.

Bush, the man, is a total idiot. He is a mediocre student, horrible business man and has never taken the time or discipline to even learn how to speak properly. Everything he has touched has fallen to crap. Would he have gotten into Yale if it weren't for George Sr? NO.

Bush, the President, however, is a true genius, not because of his own mind but because of those who surround and influence him. True genius, like that of Wolfowitz, Cheney, Rove and friends, is what drives this presidency.

It is my opinion that those people play really dirty and do not have the benefit of th US in mind when they do what they do ie Iraq war, poor Katrina response, foreign policy etc.

Obama is a threat to their agenda. Let's see how the polls go. If Obama looks strong come September, it could be the beginning of a very long, convenient war with Iran.

As far as martial law is concerned, Bush can not declare martial law unless there is an actual attack on US soil. Congress would not pass it any other way. But let's remember how most American's felt right after 911, which is to say "anything goes, so long as I am safe" mentality.

Time will tell...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
OK, as screwed up as the system is, you have to remember people: THIS IS AMERICA. We are a democracy, not a totalitarian state. I GUARANTEE that we WILL NOT let anything like that happen ever.

If Bush pulls a move like that, we WILL find a way to forcibly drag him out of office. Everyone is fed up with the current war; another one would just give us more than enough ammunition to do so.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainIraq

Oh Captain, have you looked around you lately and have you seen what these people are capable of doing?

THEY are capable of not only dictatorship, BUT MUCH WORSE.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Oh yes! They are indeed evil, sometimes i wonder do they have a pact with the devil himself

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Your scared pooless of this happening, thats why your getting on the defencive, you need to start lookin at this possibility otherwise your gonna be left behind with the other ostriches

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

left behind?

now you are talking like you are rapture believer

how would i get left behind if it is system and nation implemented, id be in it then too

the fact is, this isnt going to happen

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

You said exactly what I wanted to say. I must add this. Martial law will not be declared in the U.S. How does anyone expect that to be carried out? Will it be on all of the American citizens, or just in the major cities? I don't get it, there is simply not enough military/hired thugs to pull this off. Especially if we are in Iran as well.

The war with Iran WILL happen, and this year, it will be limited and fast, just enough to really get the poo flying and destroy the economy, but it won't be big enough to wage a campaign as big as TOTAL martial law. Let us all remember Bush & Co. are greedy bastages, if we have martial law, whose going to be doing all the work that makes money that lines their pockets???

One last thought, let's all remember that the Bilderbergers are meeting today through Sunday. If war with Iran is going to happen, it's being decided as we speak. It is also my understanding from Alex Jones (yeah yeah I know) that there is a major fraction within this group, something like half want this country to falter so we can proceed with the NAU, and the other half want Obama in the Whitehouse in order to see if he can make the country stronger and thereby their elite pockets fatter. Take it for what you will. I'm not a huge Alex Jones fan, but some things he's right about. I said SOME.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin

Bush, the President, however, is a true genius, not because of his own mind but because of those who surround and influence him. True genius, like that of Wolfowitz, Cheney, Rove and friends, is what drives this presidency.

It is my opinion that those people play really dirty and do not have the benefit of th US in mind when they do what they do ie Iraq war, poor Katrina response, foreign policy etc.

Right on the money. These "gents", to name a few, have been the de facto Bush Administration, with W as the front man. The Bush family IS one of the PTB and being smart hasn't got anything to do with it. This team was most likely assembled for him, not by him.

I have no doubt that Bush will leave the Presidency at the end of his term. For the last 70-80 years, the Bush family has always done their "best" work, from behind the curtain. They will be more than happy to step from center stage and slip back into the shadows. Ah.... home, sweet, home.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

in the apocrypha,it says that one of the leaders would reign longer than the other leaders to usher in the end,presidents are in office 4 to 8 years,if bush is there for more than 8 years then.........what do you guys think?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well... Fidel Castro ruled longer than most. Hugo Chavez has cemented his power for the foreseeable future. Putin has also also with his workarounds. You can apply many names to that particular passage.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Bush's behavior the last four months would indicate he cannot wait to get out. He wants to go to his ranch and cut brush. Cannot stand the mess he has made and does not know the way out.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If Bush attacks Iran he WILL declare martial law or make an election impossible (an start of a war a week before the election, for instance) and most likely the majority of police and military will be on his side. If anyone has a problem with that then, it'll be the camps for them.

Failing that, the eventual loss of Obama's presidency through assassination or forcible removal by way of an McCain-Clinton ticket is very possible, especially if Obama dares to make Clinton his VP.

The Republicans and Clinton democrats will not care a bit if the constitution gets slammed right through the mud as long as their King and Queen rules over America. Only THEN, will Iran (or some other unfortunate scapegoat nation) be attacked.

I've always wondered why the Republicans never mounted a serious election offensive. Is it because they're smart enough not to fight among themselves too much, or is it because the senior leaders of the Republican party don't want to waste their time fighting for something they know will never end up happening? (The election)

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Wasn't this the same theory behind the last election? Bush wasn't going to allow the election to happen? Of course that theory failed so now the only opinion left is that Bush won't leave office. But don't worry after that theory fails you can move on and same the exact same speech about the next president that you do not like. It is the same failed paranoid logic over and over again. And it's the exact same ATS posters saying it over and over again - and one would think that ATS posters would learn from the past but it doesn't seem to work that way. Fear and paranoia control the mind too much I guess. After Bush leaves office and a new president is elected maybe that will finally bury this dead horse everyone keeps beating. Bush isn't a mastermind of evil. He just isn't a great president.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by zerotime]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm curious...

Just who is it that is going to help solidify his grip on power? Most military folk I know, while not, obviously, a majority of the whole, is a rather nice cross section of all branches, and eras of service... None, not one, would ever go along with this sort of stupidity... They'd take one look at the reasoning behind it, and they'd march alright, heading towards the White House and the monkey sitting there. Same goes with the police I know, oddly enough.

Oh sure, you'll always find a small group who'd be willing to do something like this, after all megalomania does exist.

Congress, the Supreme Court, not to mention the American citizen; would have a lot to say in the matter. Y'all are really selling 'em short, though in the case of Congress...eeeh...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Something doesn't have to happen BEFORE the election. Actually, it's far more likely that if Bushco were to hold onto power, he would do so after the election. If the majority of votes go to someone who's not in the corporate loop.
I can think of any number of situations after (example:Barak Obama wins the popular vote, but before the electoral college meets to vote) that would allow Bush to go to war, declare martial law, institute a draft or insert-your-favorite-takeover. After the people vote, he's still sitting in the oval office for 2 1/2 months. Plenty of time for a coup.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther

I don't think an actual attack on Iran would lead directly to Martial law and the cancellation of elections. If there were mass violent or even non violent civil disobedience martial law could be called. A terrorist attack could lead to Martial law, but i don't see how this could lead to the cancellation of elections. Is there any law he could call upon either his administration has made or some past one?

The senate and Army would usurp the administration immediately i feel if any attempt was made at cancelling the elections

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Peruvianmonk]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join