It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the new EU constitution take a way our rights to protest?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Greetings

I have been told that in the new treaty there is a section that outlaws protesting against european union, EU will also control the police force and army. I heard that its then possible to evict EU member from Denmark to UK or other EU country for imprisonment for 4 years before trial.

So my simple question is, can i protest EU after this treaty? I will protest it even if they outlaw it. It´s my god damn right to protest, and i protest where ever i want. I can guarantee this will turn violent if my countries citizens cannot protest anymore. People will just not stand it, we are not as naive as Americans.

Also will i become a european citizen and not citizen of my current country? If this is the case, i will denie that im citizen of EU. I´m citizen of my own country and if it merges as a new one, i will move out.
Actually if all this # is true, i´m gonna move out and fast.

EU CITIZENS HAVE NOT BEEN INFORMED ABOUT THIS AND IF THIS GOES THROUGH # IS ABOUT TO HIT THE FAN! NO ONE WILL TAKE THIS!

Our people are proud and peace loving, so am i.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Move where though.

All this is true, and im as outraged as you that everyone was too dumb to see it and we in the UK lost our last chance to do something at the Mayor of London. We through the vote away to the same old mayor who was pretty much obvious to do nothing to stand in the way. We will lose every ounce of freedom we as citizens deserve and no ones being told.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The EU constitution is dinner and a movie. Later we will all be bent over. Restricted movement around Europe will be next (the old empty border points are well maintained). GM crops will be ratified for use. Internet use will be rationed. Money is already 'so last year'. Cars, phones and people tagged.

Rising fuel and food costs due to supposed shortages. My income tax is at 47% here in NL. Standard of health care and education slipping. House and rent prices sky high. Terrorists under every rock (apparently) and media and politicians simultaneously feeding and dampening the flames of every racial, religious and social issue they can find. Population divided and suspicious of each other. Streets paved with fear.

And the right to say owt about it? Going, going.. It was bad enough with Agent Provocateurs turning rallies and protests violent. Take away a Frenchman's right to protest? The head chopping off machine might just make a come back.

Still, chin up old boy. We're not beat yet. I'm off for a cup of tea (12EU! for 80 bags of PG Tips, it's the taste, what can you do? ).

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FaxMachine
I can guarantee this will turn violent if my countries citizens cannot protest anymore. People will just not stand it, we are not as naive as Americans.

You're right, you are even MORE naive with a ridiculous statement like that. What is that supposed to mean anyway? Get over yourself.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
i'm assuming you mean the lisbon treaty? scarey stuff.
it's up for referendum in ireland next week, if we don't ratify it, it doesn't pass. usually we vote no if we don't understand what we're voting for, and no-one understands the thing, so it'll be a shock to me if it is passed.

something very, very fishy about it. we're the only country that did get to vote on it by the way, not very democratic for what is essentially a new constitution for a bunch of democratic countries. it will have precedence over existing constitutions, so it pretty much takes away the sovereignty of every nation in europe, which is a pretty limited concept as it stands, and reduces the democratic rights of the people to the bare minimum. don't know about policing or protests but the language is so murky and misleading that it's certainly possible and i wouldn't be surprised.

realistically, although i don't know anyone who'll admit to a yes vote, that's not to say our government won't try again or try it a different way, they did with the first version of the EU constitution. one way or the other this thing will eventually get in.

as it is, all that stands between europe and a bureaucratic dictatorship is 6 leprechauns and a pig, the time to panic or protest is long past.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by FaxMachine
I can guarantee this will turn violent if my countries citizens cannot protest anymore. People will just not stand it, we are not as naive as Americans.

You're right, you are even MORE naive with a ridiculous statement like that. What is that supposed to mean anyway? Get over yourself.

Sorry mate, have to agree with Fax Machine. Altho Europeans are quite naive and sheepish, nothing in the world outnaives the americans...well, maybe christians or jews or other believers.
The stupid adoration of a country and a flag are very nice examples of this naiveté.
Why is unthinking nationalism bad if it is in other countries and good when in the USA? That is just because eyes are more closed in the USA.
Nationalism is equal to fascism is equal to nazism.
But keep protecting that oh so turbulent flag of yours and you will find out.
Or not...for all I know, you are one of the oppressors. Judging by the flag your avatar sports, and the (haha) capitol, you must be a brainwashed minion of the Bush-clique or summet. Its so nice to see people drop their identity for a country. Reminds me of Brownshirts.
"I pledge allegiance to the flag...yada..yada" sounds to me almost the same as "Ich schwöre dir, Adolf Hitler, als Fuhrer und Kansler des Reiches, ewige Treue und Tapferkeit...yadayada"
What you are doing on a site like this is quite obvious; to protect your "so great" country and government. A beaten, abused dog is more loyal than a well-treated dog.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dervishmadwhirler
Sorry mate, have to agree with Fax Machine.

Thats ok, everyone has their opinion.

Altho Europeans are quite naive and sheepish, nothing in the world outnaives the americans.

If by naive you mean patriotic then guilty as charged and proud of it, otherwise I have no idea what you are talking about.

The stupid adoration of a country and a flag are very nice examples of this naiveté.

This is a rather ridiculous statement. What does patriotism have to do with being naive?

Patriotism is one of the reasons why we have such a great country and the only superpower remaining in the world plus we did it very quickly relatively speaking. Our country is so young compared to the rest of the world that it's frankly amazing how fast we have become a superpower.

Why is unthinking nationalism bad if it is in other countries and good when in the USA?

What do you mean by unthinking nationalsim? Do you mean patriotism again? If so, then unthinking it is bad no matter where it happens.

If you mean nationalism in regards to a social society then again, its bad whereever it happens. So I am not quite sure of what you are saying.

Nationalism is equal to fascism is equal to nazism.

I agree. But nationalsim is different from patriotism. When I hear nationalism, I think of nationalizing social programs and making the government take over people lives from cradle to crave.

But keep protecting that oh so turbulent flag of yours and you will find out.

Don't worry, I will and we will keep getting stronger and better while most other countries continue to stagnate.

Judging by the flag your avatar sports, and the (haha) capitol, you must be a brainwashed minion of the Bush-clique or summet.

Because I am patriotic and love my country someone you THINK I love Bush. With that statement you prove how naive you are and have no idea what you are talking about. Being patriotic and current political trends have nothing to do with one another.

You must be one of those brainwashed liberals with their head stuck in the sand.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Patriotism is one of the reasons why we have such a great country and the only superpower remaining in the world plus we did it very quickly relatively speaking. Our country is so young compared to the rest of the world that it's frankly amazing how fast we have become a superpower.

yeah, the old super powers did just what america is doing, and what happened to them, exactly? and another thing, being the last man standing is easy when you don't join the fight 'till its almost over and you let someone else do most of the fighting/dying, yes i mean WW2. russia, britan, germany and france were all bankrupted and blown to bits before america got off its backside to do something, and even then it left the hard fighting to russia, not that many americans will admit it.

besides which, the whole military super power thing is a joke, it hasn't really been tested, well except in korea, and vietnam, and now it's being tested in afghanistan and iraq i suppose, so, as it stands today, poor farmers 2, america 0, 2 results pending but the americans are on the back foot...

your economy is shot, your government is broken and your constitutions "just a piece of damn paper". you've thrown out human rights, you neglect your own people when they're in need and most of you good loyal citizens can't locate the capital on a map.

what exactly are you people proud of?

the truth is, the problem with an eu constitution is everybody in europe is terrified we'll end up in another US.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

What a crock! The united states didn't really have a reason to deploy in europe during ww2.We had a problem with the japaneese and took care of that problem.We joined in the fray because the allied powers owed us so much money from the lend lease program.We had to come in and protect our investment.Had we not,you all would be speaking german zeig heil.
The russians did take a beating from the germans,as they retreated all the way back to moscow
The number of american soldiers that died on the beaches of normandy alone were worth more than the whole country of france.They died for a people who did not respect them,in a war that did not affect this country.
Can't wait to see if we pull your fat out of the fire next time you overload yourselves. Oh by the way...your welcome!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
yeah, the old super powers did just what america is doing, and what happened to them, exactly?

I don't know. Natural disasters? I don't see the analogy.
Besides, some of the 'old' superpowers lasted for thousands of years and since America is only a couple hundred years old, we have a long way to go, so I am not worried.

and another thing, being the last man standing is easy when you don't join the fight 'till its almost over and you let someone else do most of the fighting/dying, yes i mean WW2.

Boy, this must be the most ridiculour and absurd post in a long time. Did you learn this from some wacko liberal, revisionist history movement.

besides which, the whole military super power thing is a joke, it hasn't really been tested, well except in korea, and vietnam, and now it's being tested in afghanistan and iraq i suppose

So I guess the first two world wars means nothing.

Besides, the wars you mentioned were a political, PC problem and had nothing to do with being a military superpower.

your economy is shot

No it's not. With only a low 5% unemployment rate and not even being in a recession, I don't get your point.
What is the unemployment rate in your country?
Plus, our country has been through a real recession before and came out stronger for it, so again, I am not worried.

your government is broken

It's not broken. Granted there are a few greedy people in power but that is easy fixed by elections. Again, we have been through this before and is nothing new.

and your constitutions "just a piece of damn paper"

Yes, it was written on paper however that piece of paper is what has made us such a great country. You should try it on for size. This piece of paper is what also has made us unique in comparison to the 'old' superpowers.

you've thrown out human rights, you neglect your own people when they're in need

Sorry, but human rights are still here. You need to stop reading that liberal propaganda because it will destroy your mind. I have no idea what you are talking about regarding the neglect of people.

what exactly are you people proud of?

Umm......Everything!!!
Actually, you sound jealous and it does not suit you very well.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
As I see it, Europe is just a couple of years (if even that) ahead of the US on the NWO timetable. Keep a close eye on the EU because what you see happening over there right now will be happening on your doorstep before you know it. All of the same steps used to form the EU are being quietly prepared through trade agreements between Canada, US Mexico.

You are already well on your way to losing your beloved constitution WT, it seems you just have not yet connected enough of the dots enough to see the writing on the wall. One day soon, you may look around you and this will all become crystal clear.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK
As I see it, Europe is just a couple of years (if even that) ahead of the US on the NWO timetable. Keep a close eye on the EU because what you see happening over there right now will be happening on your doorstep before you know it.

Exactly what I was thinking. We must study the progression of the EU so that we may foresee events in North America before it happens. That might give us an advantage in stopping them!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I don't know. Natural disasters? I don't see the analogy.
over extension and disproportionate spending on offensive wars.

Boy, this must be the most ridiculour and absurd post in a long time. Did you learn this from some wacko liberal, revisionist history movement.
na, read it in a book, you know books, well according to the books, most of the fighting in WW2 happened on germanys eastern front, it was also where most of the soldiers died. therefore, most of the fighting/dying happened where america wasn't. do you need a diagram?

So I guess the first two world wars means nothing.

the first two world wars, there were only two!?! america was pretty much a minority faction in both, no they don't count as a test of super power status.

Besides, the wars you mentioned were a political, PC problem and had nothing to do with being a military superpower.

they don't count as wars then, why not? a superpower were in conflict with poor farmers and lost, poor farmers beat a superpower, the superpower isn't
exactly all that super. where's the flaw in that logic?

What is the unemployment rate in your country?
5%, but our economy is shot too, so i'm sure it'll rise.

Plus, our country has been through a real recession before and came out stronger for it
so has every other country!!!! i don't see your point.

It's not broken. Granted there are a few greedy people in power but that is easy fixed by elections.
there are only two parties, both of them corrupt, how do you propose elections are going to solve that? you allow corruption in the form of lobby groups, an idea which both parties support, how are elections going to solve that?

This piece of paper is what also has made us unique in comparison to the 'old' superpowers.
didn't a president of the us say it was only a piese of paper? how does a constitution make you unique? almost everyone has a constitution.

Sorry, but human rights are still here. You need to stop reading that liberal propaganda because it will destroy your mind. I have no idea what you are talking about regarding the neglect of people.
human rights only exist for american citizens, it is on the us statute books. if you don't know your own laws, you can't be all that proud. liberal, peh, don't suck the rest of us into you petty political mumbo jumbo word changing crap. america neglects it poor, it just does. your social welfare system is pitiful and you guys seem to be pround of the fact.

Umm......Everything!!!
Actually, you sound jealous and it does not suit you very well.
think what you like, i'm just trying to open your eyes, as far as i'm concerned, i come fom the greatest nation on earth, and every day i hear of more rights being lost in the good old US of A, it makes me prouder of the fact that we won't let it happen here. it could be because you guys have been comfy for too long, i don't know, but the way you allow yourselves to be steam rolled makes me so sad and angry. 100 years ago, we looked to america to teach us how to be free, but those days are gone now. so sad.

now we look at the US and see where a federal super state leads, thats why european citizens don't want the EU to become one. you guys think we're ahead of you!!! the states in the US used to be just that, free states, much as europe is now. you guys are ahead of us if anything, think about it. the eu want to establish a super state along american lines, thats the issue with the constitution being discussed.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I'm not going through point by point because the posts are getting very long but needless to say your views are 'off' and a little twisted. I believe you read only what you want to see or view them with whatever 'colored glasses' you have on. We are not going to change each others minds so I guess we will have to leave it there.

new topics

top topics

join