It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indicted Saudi Gets $80 Million US Contract

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Indicted Saudi Gets $80 Million US Contract

abcnews.go.com

The US military has awarded an $80 million contract to a prominent Saudi financier who has been indicted by the US Justice Department. The contract to supply jet fuel to American bases in Afghanistan was awarded to the Attock Refinery Ltd, a Pakistani-based refinery owned by Gaith Pharaon. Pharaon is wanted in connection with his alleged role at the failed Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BCCI), and the CenTrust savings and loan scandal, which cost US tax payers $1.7 billion.The Saudi businessman was also named in a 2002 French parliamentary report as having links to informal money transfer networks called hawala, known to be used by traders and terrorists, including Al Qaeda.

Interestingly, Pharaon was also an investor in President George W. Bush's first business venture, Arbusto Energy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Let me get this straight - a man wanted by the FBI who also has ties to a a possible terrorist slush fund has been awarded a contract by the US military worth 80 million?

Is this proof that bush is TRYING to keep these guys in business?

This is a real scandal - if this is true, then by shrubs rules he should be in gitmo, but instead gets contracts and more money than most of us can ever dream of.

It doesn't seem to matter what people do - if they're a friend of dubya, he'll look after them.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Interestingly, Pharaon was also an investor in President George W. Bush's first business venture, Arbusto Energy.

I'd really like to see some more investigation into this aspect of the story. I wonder who else is on the list of buddies that bailed out Georgie's failed businesses in the past? I'm pretty sure the Bin Ladens gave him money, and the Saudi Royal Family, now terrorist bankers..

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Yep, it really does make me think about just how deep the corruption goes, and the amount of lies that have been told.

Let's not forget all the saudi's who were flown out of the US around the time of the 911 attacks.

That's something that has always worried me...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

havent you learnt anything?
i mean come on, when it comes to the slime and the scum on earth
Money trumps all and how one can use it o bennifit ones self or their organisation, despite the cost to others.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I wonder what the usual gang of apologists have to say about this....

Amazing, isn't it, that they want to turn Iran into a parking lot while Saudi Arabia breeds the worst of the worst when it comes to true Wahabbist "Islamo-Fascism", and yet most of the Bush Administration's best buddies in the ME are Saudi? And our local ATS neocon apologists continually support this crap while fear-mongering about Iran?

[edit on 6/5/2008 by The Nighthawk]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
When I see these kinds of story, I am always reminded of the hypocrisy of the bush regime, and the fact that he flew his saudi friends out so quickly in 2001.

They weren't in any trouble and were well protected, and so had nothing to worry about.

Still.

They probably had some phone calls to make.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Excellent thread budski. The corruption goes as deep as anyone wants to dig.

This is just par for the course with most of the upper echelon. No matter how they have done the masses dirty, they will still make money and never see the inside of a jail cell. Cheneys Halliburton is still getting contracts after feeding our troops rotten food and contaminated water. Is it any wonder that one of Bush's favorite corporate contributors to his many failing companies is getting more money even after his record has been proven that hes a slimeball??? Not at all.

Silver

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'm sorry but when is one of our generals going to take back our country for us? This is ridiculous. I would bet money that Bush tries to stay in power as president.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
If you want to find corruption, always follow the money.

I'm now convinced high level officials in our goverment are exploiting our lives, to make money.

This man is being funded, knowing well that he will fund terrorists. Why you may ask? If the terrorists have guns, it means the battle can continue on. If the battle continues on, the goverment has more power by taking away our freedoms in exchange for "safety," and they get to divert more of our tax dollars into their war fund pockets.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
If you want to find corruption, always follow the money.

I'm now convinced high level officials in our goverment are exploiting our lives, to make money.

I've been convinced of it for quite some time DJMessiah - if these little snippets of news make it out, imagine how bad it really is.

There's a few people who need to answer a lot of questions - but it'll probably never happen.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

DJ isn't this how the feudal empires operated? By agreeing to maintain low level warfare with one another to keep the people repressed and the rulers in power?

Have we rally come such a short distance in such a long time?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
I'm sorry but when is one of our generals going to take back our country for us? This is ridiculous. I would bet money that Bush tries to stay in power as president.

Wouldn't that be nice? Too bad they've all spent their lives being taught that doing so would be "Treason."

People tend to forget that this country was created by an act of treason, and it will take another act of treason to save it.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Ok this looks bad for the US.. no question about it.

Attock supplied the US military more than $40 million in jet fuel in 2007, according to another spreadsheet posted on the site.

However it seems we need fuel to keep our military large and in-charge. How can we do this when everytime we find oil on our soil or off its coast every environmentalist screams bloody murder??

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Yep, it does look bad.

As for saving money - why exactly do you need such a large military force?

It suggests belligerance - and the economic policy's are exactly the same.

It's time for a re-think, and another re-think about this trend of conspicuous consumption.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This one is a juicy one Budski, just like the defense deal with the French more money to foreign investors and more lost of jobs for American people.

Both deals are shady and dirty and one benefits one of Bush cronies and the one was a shady deal pushed by McCain.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
as usual marg, you hit the nail on the head.

My thinking is this:
If they want to do dirty deals, don't do it with my money.

I would prefer them to spend more of the trillions of taxes spent on war expenses on social programmes.

If we don't look after our vulnerable, we're no better than monkeys.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

As for saving money - why exactly do you need such a large military force?

Well the US and "the enemy" can hold all the talks they want and use all the rhetoric they want.. At the end of the day, we feel we want the strongest military because we don't trust the volitle mixture of fundamental Islam and the deep primal nature present in all of us.

I agree on the consumption part. Americans need to come together and consume less as individuals in order to help this governmental entity we've created.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
wow 18 posts... i guess if it's a confirmed story that can be proven with evidence, nobody on ats listens. :-(

come on people, flag the mutha! this is important!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
there's a few problems with the story;

It's from MSM;

It's pretty unequivocal, so people can't argue with it;

it's too close to the knuckle for most;

it's not from infowars (jk)

Apart from that, a great story

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join