It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO -> 1964 Great Incident!!!!!!->

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

At 5:50 PM on the 24th ,Lonnie Zamora had been in his cruiser... in hot pursuit of a speeding car.... His attention was diverted by a loud roaring sound, and out of the corner of his eye, he saw a blue flame which disappeared down toward the ground and out of sight.... he abandoned his chase... and headed toward the area where the car disappeared, which was near an abandoned dynamite shack... he followed a trail which led up onto a small rocky hill (often called a "mesa" in the southwest).
Since there was no real road, he had to make three runs before his car would make the grade, then he drove across the crest and down the other side.
The route Zamora drove
At this point and for only a few seconds, the gully or wash to the south of him was visible..

in it he glimpsed a white object which from a distance of 450 feet appeared to be an overturned car standing on end with two children or small adults standing by it.

The figures were dressed in white clothing which he thought looked like mechanics uniforms. One of the figures appeared to turn and look at him as if startled.

Zamora... called Chavez and asked for assistance... Zamora then drove his car up and across the next mesa where he stopped it. He heard two loud metallic banging noises. He got out of the car, but in doing so dislodged the microphone, which he picked up and put back in place. Taking three steps toward the gully, he was now in a position to see the object down a short slope and a little to his left.

Suddenly an ear-splitting roar filled the air and the object "began to kick up dust". Thoroughly frightened, Zamora threw himself on the ground. Looking up, he saw that the object was rising in a slanting trajectory toward the southwest. He got up, ran and bumped into his car, and in doing so, dislodged his glasses, which fell to the ground. As the object rose, it displayed a particularly brilliant blue flame from its middle underside, which was three or four times as long as it was wide.

"'There was no noise [as it hovered]' he says, 'It was about 20 feet off the ground [level with the top of the mesa and Zamora's car], just hovering. There were markings in red letters about a foot high on the side. It looked like a crescent with a vertical arrow pointed upward inside the crescent and a horizontal bar beneath that.'... Zamora raced back to the car and tried to call into headquarters but the radio didn't work.... '... it had been okay... It finally came on and I asked the state police to send out Sergeant Chavez.'..

As suddenly as it had started, the roar ceased and Zamora stopped in his headlong flight and looked around. The thing was headed southwest making a high-pitched whining sound. It was ascending at a very shallow angle approximately 20 feet off the ground when it cleared the dynamite shack.
This photo of dynamite shack UFO "cleared",

Zamora described the object

"It was smooth - no windows or doors. As the roar started, it was still on or near the ground. There was red lettering of some type. The insignia was about 2.5 feet [75 cm.] high and about 2 feet [60 cm.] wide. It was in the middle of the object. The object was... aluminum-white."
At this time, Zamora was joined by a police sergeant who watched the craft fly away into the distance. Zamora and the sergeant then walked to where it had been parked, and noted charred and singed grass, underbrush and imprints in the ground corresponding to where the vehicle had landed.

THE INVESTIGATION STARTS:

Sgt. Castle was the NCOIC of the SRC M.P. from White Sands Missile Range. His immediate supervisor was Captain Holder. Lt. Col. Conkey and Major H. Mitchell were from the AFMDC and reported to FTD on the results of their investigation. First notified was Mr. Burns of the FBI who notified 1st Lt. Hicks, Executive Officer of Co. C, USAF about the incident. Hicks notified Captain Richard T. Holder, the Up-Range Commander. Holder then stopped and picked up Sgt.

Castle of the Military Police and they headed to Socorro. Before they got there, Coral and Jim Lorenzenof APRO arrived. Holder interviewed Zamora AFTER Jim and Coral. Burns had already done a short interrogation of Zamora. Holder notified Lt. Col. Conkey at Holloman AFB and he and Major Mitchell headed to Socorro and took measurements, etc. of the site.

A woman who is now a radiological chemist with the Public Health Service in Las Vegas was involved in some special analyses of materials collected at the Socorro site, and when she was there, the morning after [Apr. 25, 1964], she claims that there was a patch of melted and resolidified sand right under the landing area.

She had analyzed plant fluids exuded from the scorched greasewood and mesquite plants, and told McDonald, "There were a few organic materials they couldn't identify," but most of the sample was just sap. "Shortly after she finished her work," she told him, "Air Force personnel came and took all her notes and materials and told her she wasn't to talk about it any more." Analysis reports of physical evidence at the site have never been released to the public.

Below are several sections of the sheets I sent him, and his check marks are visible. However, in the section showing the symbols, he was nice enough to actually redraw what he had seen.

It gives a history and methodology of the Air Force's investigation of UFO's, and after presenting many of the prosaic explanations that had been encountered, he concluded his article with a synopsis of a "Policeman's Report" in which he described the Socorro incident. One short quote from this article in itself makes a profound statement about the reality of some UFO reports.
"There is no doubt that Lonnie Zamora saw an object which left quite an impression on him. There is also no question about Zamora"s reliability. He is a serious police officer, a pillar of his church, and a man well versed in recognizing airborne vehicles in his area. He is puzzled by what he saw, and frankly, so are we. This is the best-documented case on record, and still we have been unable, in spite of thorough investigation, to find the vehicle or other stimulus that scared Zamora to the point of panic."
REFRENCES:
www.nicap.org...
web.archive.org...
ufologie.net...
www.youtube.com...
www.ufocasebook.com...
www.ufoevidence.org...

WELL MY SPACE RAN OUT DAAAMMM!

THERE IS A LOT I COULD ADD MORE!

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Thanks!
That was one of the very first UFO cases i ever read about when i was a nipper, in a mysteries book.
Always interesting to see Policemen give testimony.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
This is a very substantiated case, also backed up by an ultra-skeptik like Hector Quintanilla, Jr., the former head of the Air Force's Project Bluebook, in the formerly classified CIA publication entitled "Studies in Intelligence" (1966), now available to anyone under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act. (see the last quote of the OP).

Excellent work GUNSINWAR, star and flag from me.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Thanks Internos always an Honour!!Thanks for your great inputs!!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
totally off topic but i always thought that ford galaxy and or dodge polaris's made kick ass cop cars

can i say ass

a s s?

hmm

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Stay on topic MurderCityDevil, Ford has nothing to do with this.....And the Question you asked i dunno?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Here is two news paper articals:

Post-Standard, Syracuse, N.Y., May 3, 1964

www.nicap.org...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
zamora unsolved mysteries part 1
zamora unsolved mysteries part 2

contains reconstructions and interviews etc.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Thanks for the clips grifta! it is pretty cool!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Sorry for double posts.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Faith628]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GUNSINWAR
Thanks for the clips grifta! it is pretty cool!

Wow. That was really interesting. I never heard of this sighting before.

Why do you guys think it wasn't covered up more?

BTW - Very off-topic, but since I can't PM yet...are you a Metallica fan, GUNSINWAR?

new topics

top topics

join