It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bikers protest over fuel prices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Bikers protest over fuel prices

news.bbc.co.uk

Hundreds of motorbike riders protesting against high fuel prices are causing delays on motorways outside Manchester.

The "slow" protest, which includes some taxis and lorries, left Birch services just after 0800 BST on junction 18 of the M62, to head into the city centre.

Between 400 and 500 bikers are taking part, police estimate.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Fantastic... you can always rely on a big group of bikers to sort things out.

And it also seems that protests on the roads whilst in or on a vehicle are becoming more and more beneficial.

It's far harder for the police to arrest anyone for protesting or for any planted persons to cause a riot which may turn a genuinely peaceful protest into a "arrest as many as you can and make an example of them" farce.

Just the other day there was a similar protest in Plymouth.
I know the road and traffic conditions in that particular area and it has to be one of the busiest bottlenecks going.

About 40 vehicles have taken part in a fuel protest by driving slowly during the rush hour in Plymouth.

The convoy took an hour to go from Lee Mill into the city centre at the peak of the morning commuter traffic.

news.bbc.co.uk...
Good for them... I hope (though doubt) someone will start to take notice...

And now the Post office is starting to get in on the act too...

Post office protest on road; People in Devon have stepped up their protest against the closure of local post offices by taking to the road.

news.bbc.co.uk...
This is a video report rather than a written one.

Peaceful protests using the most disruptive method possible..blockading of the countries major routes to slow the system down.. brilliant.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Woo Hoo!! Go bikers go!! I suppose you can tell that I lack objectivity in this case! I know that there are plenty of bad-boy bikers out there but all those that I have come into contact with (I used to be a stunt rider) are phenomenal people with hearts of gold. I think I'll take this up with some of the local clubs here and see if we can do something similar.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Nice one, if I still lived there I probably would have been doing the same thing!

Any excuse for a burn up and a bash....."DO" the establishment...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Sunday 22 June 11am Plymbridge Road, Estover, Plymouth.

Biggest protest yet to hit the South West! All invited.

www.thisisplymouth.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join