It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Hated Threads Category

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I think a category should be opened up for the
"Most hated/despised/controversial threads on ATS"

Even though they are that, they are not removed by ATS, because even though they are so despised by the ATS community, they are still deemed a valid topic for debate and discussion.

As my one of my previous threads proved ( The world should be turned into a giant police state ) this is possible

I quickly gained the status of "Most Hated" on ATS due to that thread..

And i think those that are brave enough to face the onslaught of the ATS community due to stating their own political ideologies etc. should at least be given their own "titles"

As those who are deemed "subject matter expert" or "archivist" "writer - fighter" etc

Then those that have the guts to post valid but controversial and hated threads should be given their own titles to set them apart from the rest

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Yeah I hear ya mate

I get that kinda flack over my numerous chemtrail debunking threads (and there are a few). I have been called so many names from moron to fraudster to disinformation agent..lol

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I can relate, I was called a "puppet of the NWO" and some other things I won't mention here

Oh wait, i was also called a psychopath, that was my personal favorite

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
lol well I hear you both and I don't even have to do anything to get hated on apparently. I just have this wonderful talent for making people mad

*shrugs* Been had to deal with it pretty much all my life so it's nothing new to encounter on here

hate on haters I say! The only thing worse than being talked about is NOT being taked about

Wait are we all Aussies ? Hmmmm could be something more to this ....
hahaha

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Ah c'mon, no support for us "trolls"
j/k

C'mon, i'm serious, need some support....ATS needs to be more involving and interactive for all members...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Yeah, I hope you don't mind me adding my "most hated thread".

"Why are Atheists, Atheists?" I can't stand these religious threads, so much ignorance.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
We also have these nonsense threads, with no scientific basis, about alleged "fake" moon landings, or all NASA 'fakery'....

I mean, if someone actually DOES find out some real dirt on NASA, then by all means, post it!! But, what we get is innuendo, very poor reading skills....and the claim of "secret astronauts" or "secret' space stations....etc....

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
We also have these nonsense threads, with no scientific basis, about alleged "fake" moon landings, or all NASA 'fakery'....

I mean, if someone actually DOES find out some real dirt on NASA, then by all means, post it!! But, what we get is innuendo, very poor reading skills....and the claim of "secret astronauts" or "secret' space stations....etc....

I don't mind those threads if I'm being honest with you. You can always guarantee their will be interesting pictures and videos to view. If nothing comes of the thread then at least people have entertained me with stunning pictures and images of the Moon or Mars. I've seen some fantastic images whilst browsing these forums thanks to the Op's. They're interesting threads which one can learn a lot from.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well I'm apparently a raving liberal/communist and an anti-american simply because I don't like bush and his policy of economic imperialism.

But frankly, I don't much care what warmongers think of me, and nor do I care for blind support for shrub masquerading as patriotism.

The only thing that I find slightly irritating (and I mean very slightly) is when nonsense threads get dozens of flags and stars.

I just don't get it.

But then, who am I to say who should flag or star a particular post/thread?

IMO it's one of the best things about ATS - you can find serious study's, speculative threads, or just pure silliness (IMO) but again, it's not for me to tell people which threads they should find interesting and which ones they should contribute to.

Tuppence worth

[edit on 5/6/2008 by budski]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
There are many different threads on ATS ranging from brilliant to the absolute absurd. But then I suppose we all have to take into consideration the different age of the members we have here at ATS.

I suppose tolerance and patience are the key words.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Soldier Of Darkness
I think a category should be opened up for the
"Most hated/despised/controversial threads on ATS"

I don't.

Let the mods do their job. They will destroy any thread that is deemed
unworthy of discussion. In the past they have let some go on and on and
on that I thought were pretty bad. But to put them in a 'bad' category
would be against the flow of free speech and free thought .... which is
critical to ATS.

Also - it would be more or less like a system of 'rewards and punsihment' that would enhance 'group think'.

Group think = bad.

Sorry. But I disagree with the OP.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Finally, a thread I can use. The names of all the trolls in one handy place for future referencing.

Just like Santa, I'm making a list.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by paul76 I can't stand these religious threads, so much ignorance.

Likewise..
I don't mind the 'religious conspiracy' angle thread.
It's the freaking 'convert to my faith coz I know best' ones..

Oh yeah I'm a Roman Catholic so you should all convert to mine anyway..

If enough people go to Sunday Mass,they won't know I'm either still in bed or bunking off down the woods.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

No, budski...you are a well-reasoned and thoughtful individual.

(with a fabulous avatar!)

I'd *star* you, but the star system seems to be down at the moment.

Thinking that threads, in their proper places, cannot be hated. For instance, if it is in the 'religious' forum, then it's best to just stay away, and let them lap it up together. BUT, when some bible thumper jumps into another thread....the gloves may come off, as long as manners and decorum are maintaned, of course.

Same thing with space sciences issues. If some outright crazy "idea" wants to be floated.....then it most appropriately is moved to Skunk Works...and unless the OP finds more info to further support their claim, then the Mods can move it to the appropriate forum.

AND, as I've mentioned before....the term 'Skunk Works' should never be viewed as a pejorative. It is a code....because no one likes a skunk, right? Hence, Lockheed used that term as cover for many, many top, top secret projects in the 1950s, and beyond!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

If I didn't know better I'd think you were being facetious

Especially considering the amount of u2u's I've had lately complaining about my avatar!

Nevertheless, my thanks for your kind words. (tip of the hat)

BTW - you can't award stars on BBQ threads.

I don't think you get points for BBQ posts either.

[edit on 5/6/2008 by budski]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Oh....yeah, I forgot it was the BBQ thread. I was not facetious, we spoke a while ago about your avatar....I am a big fan of Monty P.

The ATS site had a screen up, earlier, saying it was down...I assumed the starring was the issue....brain fart on my end.

edit....the 'T' and the 'Y' are so close together....if I let "AYS" stay in my post, people would call me nutters!!

[edit on 6/5/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Odd, I'm called a Bush administration facist disinformation agent because I don't join the foaming at the mouth bandwagon on the GEORGE BUSH SUCKS/AMERICA IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE WORLDS PROBLEMS threads.

But I, likewise, don't really care what the fear mongering pseudo intellectuals think of me. ;P I like the idea though. ATS definitely has a hive mind which goes nuts with praise over certain topics and bashes everything else.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I see a few threads that start off very vague or not making much sense.

And when they try to explain, I get more confused lol.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I hate racism provoking threads and the people that post on them. They are often just driven by hatred and contain mostly propaganda.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I abore the threads on 9/11 conspiracy. Well to be specific, I hate those that make claims like it was a hologram, or that no planes hit the WTC, or that the US government blew up the WTC and Pentagon. I do believe that 9/11 has it's lies involved, but only a coverup over flight 93, IMO it was shot down to avoid anyone else dying when it slammed into it's target. So far I have seen picture after picture, for well over 2 years now on ATS and other sites, that supposedly prove it was some kind of inside job, yet the pics never do that. If there was any proof of an explosion not caused by what 100's of people witnessed firsthand, it has not surfaced to this date. No proof of a conspiracy+proof of planes hitting both buildings+dead family members from the trade center and Pentagon = yes it happened just the way I saw it, and there is no proof other wise.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join