It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

False Prophets and Hoaxers on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Sad to see that so many hoaxers or false prophets - motivated by their own interest or simply lack of knowledge and understanding - are getting more and more common. Ironic, the bible said that when the end is near, there will be so many of them trying to deviate us from the truth.
My message is to all of you who have a fantastic story to share. Please:

-Share your story by all means
-Stay truthful and honest
-Do not toy with people's faith in the name of experiment, greed, fun or whatever
-If there are details you do not want to share, then don't mention them!
-And most importantly, I do not excessively try to convince others to your belief. Debating predictions and messages is cool, starting a belief war isn't.

Whenever I see a topic "a la john titor", it really makes annoys me. There are people out there with genuine stories to share, there are the people we need but these false prophets (who get all the attention) really hinder progress on this site.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
So you read the BoulderMD thread then? I'm not sure about that one yet but I know what your saying. I don't think this is something which will ever stop as long as ATS is running and its free to all to join. Think of it as a natural side-effect to an otherwise sublime resource. You have to sift through the crap to find that thread which really resonates with you or you really gain something from.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
people just need to stop encouraging the hoaxers . . . if the hoaxers were met with overwhelming skepticism instead of unwarranted praise for telling their BS stories, they wouldn't bother.

haha btw, the OP's name and the topic of the thread is quite ironic

[edit on 6/5/2008 by JPhish]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I see you just joined in November of last year Oracle. Its summer time, funtime. Things are about to get hoaxter crazy around here. For some reason, kiddies bored from not being in school (and some adults/disgruntled ex-members too) have a tendency to come here and start laying down the craziness on a huge scale.

I think its fun to read, only due to the fact of the tenacity of the sleuthers around here that rip the posts apart, investigate it into the ground and find the truth, or lack thereof in said hoaxes.

Grab some popcorn, a good cold drink and enjoy the ride, I do.

Silver

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Yes the Boulder fiasco. I wish the moderators would put most interesting articles on the front pages rather than the most popular. Hoaxers and liars only want their 15 mn of fame and they get it every time on ATS.

Yes definitely need to stack on popcorn and pepsi when I have an hour to spend on ATS

[edit on 5-6-2008 by TheOracle]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
You may find this one a little creepy.

It occurred to me last week that you were going to create this thread, TheOracle. You might want to focus on being a little less predictable.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Then you have to decide for everyone what's most interesting if you choose that course.
It's the way of the world, unfortunately. You have to dig a lot of dirt to find a diamond. It's true in the real world of digging diamonds (been there, done that, found one!) and it's true here too. The charlatans will always be around, but you can't swat the mosquito until it lands.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
"False Prophets and Hoaxers?"

Who gave any one of you the right to judge such a thing? Every false prophet "believes" they are speaking the truth. This includes you if your lot is failure.

I personally have met several people whom could easily be passed off as "false" however, I am wise. I know the game is not yet played. The chapter isn't finished. Only a fool rushes to judgement and judges foolishly another.

I know the road some of us must journy isn't an easy one. Any True One can have darkness and confusion. However only a fool judges their trying time as a sign that they are unrightous. That's self rightousness and that's a blot against the will of God.

Same too can be said about "Hoaxers". Who are you to Judge this? It is of your own fustration you foolishly pass over one's info.

I've been through a hoaxer countless times here and else where. However I am one that knows I am not a joker, hoaxer, or foolish false. So in the end, those that pass rushed judgement upon me, the joke is on them.

If my words seem harsh, do not take them personally, this is just food for thought. If you can at all, THINK.

Worry therefore your own way, because you're not there yet.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

I THINK that your the one who is self-rightous. You sound incredibly arrogant in the way you proclaim yourself wise.

All opinions stated above are as valid as yours and as to who gave us the right? what kind of a question is that? That right is the right to free speech, hoaxers are just that and false prophets almost always have dubious motives (attention, money etc..) so I don't think its wrong to state that.

writing like your relaying bible passages and threats that our conduct is "a blot against god's will" will earn you no respect with me. I strongly support your right to believe in god, but I strongly resent your assumption that I do, or that I'm fearful of his/her/its retribution.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

You didn't even understand what I wrote. You responded to what it is you wanted me to have said over what I actually am saying.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Fair enough, I'm not infallable. Please explain.

Also, please don't think I have anything against you personally. I don't, but I can see, with hindsight that my post may have given that impression.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

In less dramatic tones, the point of my thread is that no one sitting at a computer reading posts here on this board should rush to judgement upon other users.

Many people will rush to think this one or that one is a "Hoaxer", but everyone should be willing to keep an open mind. We are here to deny the ignorance.

Maybe that guy that is sneak posting stuff about "aliens" isn't someone faking. Maybe he's just sneaking out info he has no rights releasing.

Or in the case of the Original Poster, they themselves have made some wildeye claims.

Should we rush to judge what she's said or shall we wait and see?

My point is no one of us can "Judge" for sure another until each has passed or failed.

You took your adversion to "God" and pushed that upon me.

My point was IF there is a "God", then none of us have the right to assume to judge one false and the other true as that would the unknown understanding of said God.

I think you seen my icon and got worked up, because I don't see how you could disagree with what I just said.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Ok, ok. I see what your saying and with your point that we should not judge straight away, I agree, but what If a hoax is uncovered or a prophecy found to be false beyond all doubt? Is that not justification for judgement?

So I guess its not the point of your first post which aggrivated me but the manner with which you presented it. Also, It seems a little hypocritical of you to say that I pushed my opinion to god on you when your the one who brought god into the discussion in the first place. Are you not pushing your beliefs on us in that sense?

Another thing, I think adversion may have been an incorrect choice of word because it means the opposite of what I assume you actually meant. Again, not infallable though.

p.s. I quite like your avatar by the way, It doesn't get me worked up.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Chonx]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Incarnated- nothing against you.

I respect any person with belief and faith, any person that took the effort to research or people who genuinely believe they had a supernatural story and come to ATS to share it. That's fine.

Just to those who fabricate stories and documents for their own benefit.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

Well lets be fair. Let us first speak on the topic of "false prophets". By who's standards are anyone to judge the words of another if they claim such words to be the prediction? Take the Original Poster, she claims to be a prophetess. Who here can "Judge" if her words should be alowed or not? By whom's standards are such Judgements passed down? By Christians standards? I'm not a christian by the way. That all seems like overcontrol and it leads to censorship. I'm against censorship unless a firm overcontrol ruling has been given.

Hoaxes are quickly dealt with by ATS mods and staff. If you believe someone is a Hoaxer you simply report the thread and they check into it. I've seen it done before and ATS staff is quite appt at taking care of business.

We Users however are not in any power seat. If you don't like what you see here don't come here. That's your veto power.

I am not here by any means to push anything about God on anyone. I simply spit my words, or type as the case maybe, and my words are here for who ever wants them. You seem to have mistaken me for an power hungry christian that wants to push their "beLIEfs" upon everyone. That's not me.

Adversion, might be mispelling, I mean having a dislike of wanting to rid or avoid.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
You only have to look at the line of stars and the number of flags to know why people do it. Instant notoriety, pages of replies, not to mention a heap of ATS points are an irresistable lure to "occultists", "abductees","channelers" and the like to post their garbage.
Then, you only need ask a few specific questions that they refuse or can't answer for them to start shouting their being "attacked for their beliefs."

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Sounds Good, but you need to understand it is you that gives energy to them. Sure they steal the energy, but only from the willing.

I believe in your Oracle. Keep your head in the game and your eye on the prize.

All debts are paid by the end of the upcoming events. You know this to be true.

You can take advice from someone very wise. There's nothing you can do to change their fate. Just do what it is you do, and what needs be done will get there.

Have a great day!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Personally I know of some 9-12 ways of communicating. I've only known a few people to be able to clearly understand communications on more then one level.

"Crazy" people are more often then not, not really crazy, but rather they are just misunderstood. They are misunderstood because they are confused as to what they know to see is truth, but the truth isn't exactly clear to them. This is amplifed by other's not being willing or able to try to understand them.

One man, wild eyed, screams at the top of his lungs that a cow is jumping over the moon. People look up and they see no cow. This doesn't make the wildeyed man a "false prophet".

Everyone took that statement too litteraly. Sometimes visions come in symbolic meanings only. This doesn't make them wrong, just esoteric.

Just because you, or a few, or up2 everyone "don't see" the cow jumping over the moon, this doesn't mean that the statement in context is false nor does it mean another doesn't understand.

Worry therefore messages sent to you.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

I myself could be "accused" of such "charges", and in fact I have been:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

this however doesn't take away from the "truth" of the message. Just because everyone didn't understand, just because no one understands, doesn't make it false.

Humans have very limited sight in many ways. Each should be working on improvement upon themselves rather then radaication of another.

top topics

join