It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Snow Circles... Natural or Not?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

During the summer, there was a permanent circle in the grass--whether the mushrooms were actually growing or not. The grass would be a slightly different color in the outline of a circle.

During the winter, the snow was either raised up in the outline of a circle, or as the snow was melting, the circle was normally the last part to melt (if I remember correctly).

This was in a fairly new subdivision, in a suberban area. We never planted mushrooms or anything, but they came back every year (in a circle). We would just run the lawn mower over them.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentScmidt

ya that is strange... Like it broke... What I'm thinking is the middle of the lake came crashing down as a huge chunk of ice, the ice on the shores stayed as the center collapsed under it's own pressure and weight... Course I'm just guessing... Maybe you can check it out and take a few pictures the next time you snowmobile that way... It'd be interesting to see it and that could also draw some other conclusions...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by philosopherrose

Maybe since it's a newer subdivision there was something round on your lawn in that spot at one point, mushrooms might have grown around the object creating a circle around it... ?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Oh yes... snow circles! I have witnessed these first hand on a flight from Duragno, CO to Devner, CO in November 2002. It was right after take off - looking out the window - I was totally creeped out and amazed by SEVERAL different and intricate "snow circles" that looked just like crop circles in their design. These "snow circles" were atop of mesas and there were no vehicle tracks of anykid around them, nor did I see any other tracks (human or animal). Frickin' weird.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
We had a case near me in the UK, a women had heard a strange humming noise in the night but had not thought much of it, she woke to find her driveway to the house was covered in snow, but every meter or so there were round patches were snow had not laid, maybe 10 if i recall and the patches were about a meter and a half round. it made the local press but no explanation was given apart from the usual alien invasion scene

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

Right – just my opinions – based on a few crappy photos and no other info .

Ok – from the top

The first 4 ` ice circles ` are a natural phenomenon – quite common in Norway / sweden

The ` cross in the circles ` - look to me like landscaping – is it a park ? no info is given which makes analysis hard

Could even have been a flower bed or ` decorative feature `

Look at this – one of the things my local council decided to waste money on

That leaves ` snow rings `

But one thing is certain – it was done before the snow came – look at the tyre tracks to the right – any compression of the ground will affect snow persistence

The next two – no idea I cannot even tell if its on ice or terra firma or what - could be anything from hoaxers , through any number of natural phenomenon to “ alien craft “

The next [ a man standing behind a faint ring in snow ] – again insufficient info – could be a buried object – manhole covers have often create ` thin patches ` in snow – as they are warmer than the surrounding ground

The final 2 [ concentric rings in the ground ] – that is landscaping – look carefully – its IMHO a childrens play area

And one pic CLEARLY has a path running through it , The circles were raked intentionally

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join