It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Snow Circles... Natural or Not?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
It appears this has been talked about, but for some reason, on ATS I could not find anything on this particular phenomena...

I've seen crop circles and everyone knows about those, but never saw anything about snow circles... Until just the other day...

I went ahead and put some of the pictures I found together... maybe someone here can figure out what's going on... I have some of my own theories about some of the circles, but others I have no clue... I also provided a link to the original images if you wanted to see them in a larger size...

Full Article with these images..

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
fascinating stuff here, some do look natural like the ones in the ponds, could be the water pattern when it froze over - something may have caused it to freeze like that.
But those last few look strange and quite pretty.

Could be akin to crop circles ?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
In my opinion it looks like a trout farm froze over. Well the one on the water does anyway.

Looks like the top of a trout enclosure

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Oh neat! Maybe snow fairies were ice skating on the surface of the frozen water.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Hello OP, yeah I've read a little bit regarding this phenomenon, however you said you have a theory about these circles… I'd like to hear those theories.
BTW good thread!!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I have seen dirt roads that form corragation type effect, but never in almost perfect circles like that.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by codex code
Hello OP, yeah I've read a little bit regarding this phenomenon, however you said you have a theory about these circles… I'd like to hear those theories.
BTW good thread!!

I think most are either mad made or natural... Like the ones in the ice could be caused by rising gases which are warmer than the ice thus forming gas pockets creating what looks like a bubble in the ice... Then it freezes over... Some of the other ice ones look like someone took a protractor and cut a circle... Not sure bout those, the one that is huge, 1st, top right, you see 2 guys standing by it and it's huge, i think that could be done with a plow and then just from melting...

The ones in the playground, the last 2, are the ones that caught my eye... I think might have to do with the Sun and wind possibly, but i could be wrong... All I know is they are strange and very interesting no matter what the cause...

Reminds me of what you'd see if you put sand over a speaker and hit a certain frequency...

[edit on 5-6-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

Interesting theories… I especially like the one about the how the sound frequency could make such patterns because it's true and scientifically proven… and for some reason it also reminds me of those Japanese stone or sand gardens.
Do you think it may perhaps be a paranormal force?
Jock my memory will you, this only happens in the USA or in other countries as well?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by codex code

Interesting theories… I especially like the one about the how the sound frequency could make such patterns because it's true and scientifically proven… and for some reason it also reminds me of those Japanese stone or sand gardens.
Do you think it may perhaps be a paranormal force?
Jock my memory will you, this only happens in the USA or in other countries as well?

It could be vibrations from the earth, but it's not like they are placed around a center object, like a pole that could vibrate... It could very well be a landing spot for a craft of some kind? If a craft doesn't use thrust, but uses antigrav, which I think is basically altering frequencies, maybe something of that nature could warp the matter around it? Something like this could be caused by a UFO?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

ABSTRACT: I received word from an email posted to our [uforce] CORE newsgroup on the 13th of January, 2,000. Witnesses claim sighting an unidentified string of lights in the night sky. A round, circular area was found the next morning in the back yard of one of the neighbors. This circular area was videotaped using a high-tech infra-red camera and digital video tape recorder. Investigator Montgomery was dispatched to investigate the initial report and to examine the evidence. Full Source

More Pictures

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
When I was younger I have seen circles like these, without the snow, in my local cemetery.
Strange circular patterns formed in the loose soil.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Mockmasta

Is there any way for you to get pictures of this? If you could it would make a good addition! Thankx!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
In my opinion it looks like a trout farm froze over. Well the one on the water does anyway.

Looks like the top of a trout enclosure

OZ, out of everyone here I thought you might know what this is... no? It's got to be created by something natural don't you think? OZ gimme some info please, you're the weatherman, ever seen this before?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I had a snow circle like those in my front yard before.

There were actually mushrooms growing in a circle (under the snow). I have no idea why they were in a circle or how they got there, but it created a circle in the grass, as well as the snow.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
aliens are evil !!!!!!!
first our crop's now they jackin with our pure white snow...

what next......if they start messing with my tomato patch i am gonna get mad..

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Video

Here's the video on this.
He says "Here's some paranormal news. People living in Ekaterenburg (Russia) witnessed strange circles in snow on the kids playground. A local resident took a picture of this strange phenomenon.The circles had different intervals, with the diameter on 30 meters. The circles were snow on the ground? The ecologists state that this creation can only be "out of this world". Before the media arrived on the spot, the circle mysterious melted."

[edit on 6/6/2008 by EternalThought]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by philosopherrose
I had a snow circle like those in my front yard before.

There were actually mushrooms growing in a circle (under the snow). I have no idea why they were in a circle or how they got there, but it created a circle in the grass, as well as the snow.

The mushrooms grew and created a circle like the ones in the pictures?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
That's nothing, here's something truly weird.

One time, "up north" where it's cold during the winter, I went snowmobiling on a frozen lake. In the Adirondack NY region.

I was going along on the lake at about 120mph when all of the sudden the ice suddenly dropped off about 2feet lower, straight down. WTF? In the MIDDLE of a LAKE? I went back and looked at it, indeed, it was like a shelf or something was frozen in the middle of the lake.

Here's an illustration to help you visualize.

The blue line is the surface of the lake (ice), the green are trees along the shore, yellow is sun.

The "drop" stretches across the entire width of the lake, which is about 3,000feet I believe (3/5th of a mile?). I know for a fact there is nothing like a dam or anything that goes across the lake that would be there. The lake is very calm and shallow, never has any waves or anything, so it can't be a a wave frozen in place.

It's just odd how the surface of the lake suddenly goes lower like that. What's going on? When water freezes, shouldn't it be perfectly flat and not have a sudden drop like that where another half of the lake is 2 feet lower?

edit: And to lend to the fact it can't be a frozen wave, the "drop" is perfectly flat, a 90 degree angle straight up and down. And it's also a straight line that stretched across the entire width of the lake, it's not curved any where.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by AgentScmidt]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentScmidt

I think in this case it could be the fact that the lake is very shallow as you mentioned, maybe all the water in the lake freezes and raised up on shore, then collapses under it's own pressure? Like when you put a pop in the freezer and forget about it, it explodes because the ice expands... If all the water in the lake froze, it could very well lift off the bottom of the lake bed and expand up on the shoreline creating a void under the huge chunk of ice, then due to pressure and extreme weight crashes down a couple feet to the lake bed...

Just a thought...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Hmm well it's not that shallow, I mean it's not deep like Lake Superior or the Ocean, but it's probably 50-100 feet deep in some places.

But you make a good point, maybe as the lake was freezing, the water level went down lower (since water level on lakes change in different seasons, like in spring when all ice melts usually the level of lake goes up 20-30 feet and the shores are flooded) so as it kept on freezing, the water went lower and lower.

It's just weird how it was frozen at a perfect 90 degree angle.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join