first off, i apologize if this is in the wrong thread, or off topic all together. This is not a 'conspiracy' more of a complete mystery
I still remember, vividly, the very first time i experienced this sensation. I was at an awards banquet, the summer before my Freshman year.
Up until this time, none of the following had ever had quite an impact on me.
I've done strenuous research, and every time i think i find answers, it turns out to be a dead end. Mostly some dork posting his or her opinions. I
spoke to a doctor about it, and he prescribed Xanax. Of course it did more harm than good, so i have yet to go back to a doctor
The sensation im talking about is very hard to describe, but ill do my best.
When i hear certain noises *expressed later* i have an uncontrollable surge of anger. I say 'hypersensative' because i can be in a crowded room,
talking with friends, and if a particular noise happens, i immediately pick up on it, and it distracts me, 100%, from everything around me.
The noises arent that vast, and include
* That noise that liquid does when pouring something into a glass. From beginning to end, its worse than nails on a chalk board
* The sound of someone chewing. Again - it doesnt matter where i am, if its audible, even barely, its all i can concentrate on.
* Silverware clanging on china.
* A dog licking
* Just recently - a cow sucking on a bottle (that suckling noise) almost drove me to breaking my tv
* Gulping while drinking (seen that stupid Starbucks commercial for their new canned beverage????)
* while listening to the radio, when someone has been talking alot, and spit builds up in their mouth, and you can hear them clamp air, swallow,
breathe deep and continue talking....
* i think the worst one though is if you're setting in a room (especially a quite one) and crunch cereal is being chomped. Very serious thoughts of
phsyical anger come rushing into my head on this one. Honestly though- i nkow people have to eat, and im not mad at that person persay, its
just....well i dont know what
it is (thats why im here)
I cant even listen to myself on this one, i wont eat crunchy cereal unless i have
something on (music, tv, headphones)
Most of it comes from TV. For some reason, TV programs find it necessary to capture chewing/drinking/licking, and of course, its amplified by stereo
When i describe this to anyone, they all give the same knee jerk reaction that im just being a butt head. It really is not intentional. My typical
public response is to retreat to the nearest area of seclusion and scream as loud as i can...though sometimes that doesnt happen (IE: if i was having
a bad day already)
Who knows? Maybe i am a butthead. Maybe Xanax was supposed to work? I really dont know. I have not seen a therapist, because quite frankly, there
arent any in my area, that you dont have to drive 45 minutes to see (and at 4 dollars a gallon...thats sort of out of the way anymore)
So i wonder if anyone hear has these experiences or knows of someone who does.
Please keep in mind - i share thsi with you because it is a real
problem. They are not minor nuisances. They are very serious reactions to
these certain noises. Nails on a chalk board does nothing to me.
I've never lashed out in physical violence, but oh my god does it feel as though, some days, that may happen.
Any input would be most valuable
[edit on 5-6-2008 by QBert]
[edit on 5-6-2008 by QBert]