It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shiite Opinion on Bombings in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Many Iraqis, including Shiites, have also blamed foreigners - throwing suspicion on al-Qaida. But the focus of Shiite anger has been directed more at the U.S.-led occupation. Some, including the top Shiite cleric, accused U.S. officials of not doing enough to protect the 10-day Ashoura ceremonies; others simply vented resentment over the country's continuing insecurity.

The above quote was present in a story from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on March 3rd, 2004. Politically speaking, I tend to be on the liberal/neutral side of the chart. However, this quote definitely sparked an emotional reaction within myself. In a war that should have, for all practical purposes, never happened, the world community continues to ask for more from the planet's self-appointed "Peacekeeper." Regardless of the WMD issue, the US did in-fact rid the middle-east of the worst tyrant since Hitler. We all know the "alterior motives" that President Bush had for invading Iraq, but to blame the States for these bombings is absolutely unfounded and ridiculous. Countries are become co-dependant on the US to be the protector. First the Iraqis do not want our help, then they celebrate their freedom in the streets when Saddam Hussein was ousted. Now, they pass blame on us because they cannot manage to form a democracy on their own. The US must stop playing "babysitter" for other countries who do not have the stability and integrity to become independant and safe. We continually hear of all the civilian Iraqi casualties during this war - but do we ever hear of the Iraqi people thanking us for the losses we consumed for their quote un-quote "freedom?" Here is a "thank you" to the "thankless" people around the world. It's time that we, as Americans, look past the blinders around our eyes telling us that the war was pointless and unjust. I agree that it was, but a country can only ask so much - and their "wishes" have run out. Think for yourself America - we are not the only peacekeeping body on Earth. Let's focus more on ourselves and MUCH less on others.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
You know sometimes I get the feeling that we're killing our own people over there just to make it look like Iraq is the enemy. I can see it now. U.S. military generals secretly planning to ambush their own just around the corner. Of course I can't say whether this is true or not but sometimes I just get that bad feeling. Why? None of what's going on over there adds up. Everyday U.S. soldiers are getting. I would've thought by now we would've cleaned up Saddam's loyalist.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jesse Torgerson

The above quote was present in a story from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on March 3rd, 2004. Politically speaking, I tend to be on the liberal/neutral side of the chart. However, this quote definitely sparked an emotional reaction within myself. In a war that should have, for all practical purposes, never happened, the world community continues to ask for more from the planet's self-appointed "Peacekeeper."

I have to differ on this point. NO ONE asked us for the invasion of Iraq - other than our allies Israel and Britain.

Regardless of the WMD issue, the US did in-fact rid the middle-east of the worst tyrant since Hitler.

Saddam was sadistic, that's true. But he was nowhere near Hitler's league. And besides, Saddam hasn't been a threat to anyone since his forces were ejected from Kuwait. That was a government induced illusion to spread fear through the heart of America.

We all know the "alterior motives" that President Bush had for invading Iraq, but to blame the States for these bombings is absolutely unfounded and ridiculous.

Again, I differ. The first question you must always ask is who stands to gain? My feeling, personally, is covert U.S. (or allied ops) could very well have been behind this atrocity. It's what they do. FOMENT. It's serves a purpose. The disarray gives the U.S. more power in the long-run. 'Please stay and protect us' The notion that Al Qaeda is behind this is simply preposterous, unless you understand who is truly behind Al Qaeda (CIA, ISI)

Countries are become co-dependant on the US to be the protector. First the Iraqis do not want our help, then they celebrate their freedom in the streets when Saddam Hussein was ousted. Now, they pass blame on us because they cannot manage to form a democracy on their own.

That's not true. go back and look at the history of Mesopotamia. They are quite capable of taking care of themselves. The problem is once again, there are outsiders meddling in their affairs and telling them what to do and how to do it. In Iraq, that has NEVER worked. But then again, most westerners today don't have a clue when it comes to the history of the middle east.

The US must stop playing "babysitter" for other countries who do not have the stability and integrity to become independant and safe.

No people, western, eastern, or otherwise would be in any better shape after what the Iraqis have had to endure. It's important to understand that.

We continually hear of all the civilian Iraqi casualties during this war - but do we ever hear of the Iraqi people thanking us for the losses we consumed for their quote un-quote "freedom?"

I was in the Gulf War and ya know what, I know there are many Iraqis who are glad we took Saddam out. But at this point, I don't how they could or would be remotely grateful to us for what we've done this past year. Their lives are much worse off now than they were under Saddam. We didn't invade Iraq for them and they know it. BushCo did it for the oil and to switch the Euro back. Know this about Iraq: they are a very proud and educated people despite their troubles. They owe us nothing. And we owe them an infrastructure (that we destroyed) and safety (that we took away from them.) But that's just my opinion, based on my experience over there with them and history.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
oops ! - I just misread the title of this thread.

But since I'm here, I may as well give my own opinion.
Personally, I agree with East Coast Kid as to what is going on in the Middle East. I see the whole debacle as being designed purely to increase the power of the US/UK and allow them to have more access to the oilfields. I think they are manipulating these wars in order to bring about their One World Government.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eireann
oops ! - I just misread the title of this thread.

But since I'm here, I may as well give my own opinion.
Personally, I agree with East Coast Kid as to what is going on in the Middle East. I see the whole debacle as being designed purely to increase the power of the US/UK and allow them to have more access to the oilfields. I think they are manipulating these wars in order to bring about their One World Government.

I raise my glass of green beer to ya, Eireann.

It's not hard to see it, for anyone who is truly seeking the truth.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
unless you understand who is truly behind Al Qaeda (CIA, ISI)

I am sorry but thats just retarded.....

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
They blame us for the attacks, automatically assuming we had something to do with it.

Funny, here in this country everytime something bad happens (like 9/11) we have people screaming the same thing, it was us, we did it.

Seems the US is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The information's out there. You can find it or remain in the dark.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I have read a ton of information posted on this site about us causing 9/11. The problem is that they cannot show evidence. If there was hard evidence of this it would be made public. I don't think bush can find his ass with both hands so I sure don't think he caused 9/11. Now did he know something was going to happen? Yes I think they were warned of terrorist using planes as weapons but let's face facts we were pretty arogant before 9/11 and I assume they thought it would never happen or if it did it would be a typical hijacking.

Not trying to bust on anyone and if there is in fact something too this I hope it is exposed. I just haven't seen any of this evidence proven beyond what a few people have written on the net. Hell I could tell you my uncle is the man that flew the planes remotely and write a whole story about it. I would imagine it would then be added to this thread of evidence. You have to be able to verify information and so far no one has (although there were photos of the hijackers at the airports).

Again no hard feelings but I don't feel I live in the dark, instead I am from MO, so show me!! Let me hear the families that I guess lied about their family being on the planes come forward.

top topics

join