It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic Experiment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I've been reading a lot about the scientific basis for psychic ability and I wanted to try an experiment.

I'm holding something in my hand and I'm sending out thoughts about what it is. If anybody gets a vision or gut feeling what it is, post it here.

And please, no sophomoric jokes please! I'm serious! I did this with my daughter yesterday and the result was very interesting.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Alright I'll give it a shot.

It's one of those bubble things, you dip it in the bottle and blow bubbles.

Hot/cold/nada?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

I did this experiment one night with a friend of mine. He would pick a word and focus on it and I would attempt to guess it. As we continued I was surprised by our accuracy. The words were random and had no relationship to what we were doing or discussing previously.
Yet just under 50% of the time I would guess the word exactly on the first try. The whole situation felt unreal.
The first hit I had was still the best as the mounting excitement and incredulity made it hard to maintain concentration. He would pick his word and close his eyes thinking of the word over and over in his mind. I would attempt to simply clear my mind and wait until I heard my friend's voice in my head.
After a few minutes, I heard "cheese" loud and clear in an emotionless version of his voice in my head and blurted out the word. For a second or two he just looked at me in stunned silence and then let out a slow 'whoa.' I was dead on right on my first try for that particular word.
I've always had this gift. I can 'hear' certain peoples' voices in my head at times when I am in close proximity to them. By certain people, I mean that about 1 in 10 of the people I know are strong constant transmitters. I can hear little snippets of their internal dialog the entire time I am near these kind of people.

Jon

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
some kind of rod like thing about 8-10 inches long

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Is it some sorta small box? a Lid? Tin? Sqaure?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
A small red bouncy ball

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
your mouse to your computer or remote control....

[edit on 4-6-2008 by meanmug]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

I didn't really concentrate that first time felt more like a strange guess. After concentrating a little bit "Funnel" came to mind which was weird.Is that related in any way?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I am imagining, maybe not, a picture or document. I believe to be right though, I would have to be seeing back in time as well since the original post was earlier.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
A rubber chicken and a jar of vasoline?
I am sorry I did not realize you did not want sophomoric jokes so I supplied a freshmen joke.
Lemme try again...a quarter?

[edit on 04/13/2008 by sacerd]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
You are holding a picture, or you are staring at a picture so hard that I cannot 'see' what is in your hand for lack of concentration on the item.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Its a keychain!! I'm sorry I'm just tired, but I do hope your experiment is a success Jamie! Good luck guys!!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
the first time i saw "in my hand"

i instantly thought of an object similar to a spoon or maybe a spoon itself.

I also "hear" people's thoughts when i am near them, when i am out in public sometimes i know what they are thinking when im near them.

But this is very easy to do with my brother, i think we have a link of some sort.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Chosen]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
i was on the Paranormal section of the site and I remembered that thread last year entitled "We are Gathering"

where the Topic starter along with a number of ATS members claimed to have heard a unified telepathic(?) voice that told about a Specific Time or Gathering of some sort.

I was shocked when i saw that thread, because a few days or weeks prior to seeing that thread, I heard the voice too.

I heard that voice on the same time frame, about August of 2007 (some heard it a few months earlier, others a few weeks later)

I woke up to that voice which sounded choral, a mix of both male and female voices. It said "The Time Is Coming". Quite a strange experience.

Does anyone here remember that thread? some of it seems far-fetched though

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
If, you where holding something, was it a flower pen or a card (spades)?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Okay fine. I just looked around for possible objects you could hold in your hands: drinking glass (on my word station), cellphone (on my bed), spoon, fork or knife (which were washed earlier this evening) or even a backscratcher (also located on my work station). I'm getting something vertical, maybe a tube of lube or something medicinal. Hehehe. Lemme know if I get a prize for any of the above mentioned possibilities.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacerd
A rubber chicken and a jar of vasoline?
I am sorry I did not realize you did not want sophomoric jokes so I supplied a freshmen joke.
Lemme try again...a quarter?

[edit on 04/13/2008 by sacerd]

I am sorry. I should have been more specific. I meant no jokes sophomoric or below. Please repost your answer with at least junior humor.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
First thing that popped into my head was: The Ace of Spades.

What I win??

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea

What I win??

Close.

On the right track, but not a playing card.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by bismarcksea

What I win??

Close.

On the right track, but not a playing card.

King of Cups Tarrot Card.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join