It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is the U.S. at War With?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This is a serious question.

Everybody talks about the war in Iraq. But if there is a war in Iraq, who is the U.S. at war with? Certainly not with Iraq.

So who is the U.S. at war with?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
This is a serious question.

Everybody talks about the war in Iraq. But if there is a war in Iraq, who is the U.S. at war with? Certainly not with Iraq.

So who is the U.S. at war with?

the bad guys in iraq that dont want the us deciding who should control 'thier' country i think
actually a very good question

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The government will tell you that it is a war on terror. So, we are at war, in Iraq, against terrorists. I guess the North Koreans don't count as terrorists, because they have the bomb.
Just the people with oil and no bomb can be terrorists I guess. Once they run out of them, or their oil, they'll come after us, and then it will be a civil war against "home-grown" terrorists, i.e., us.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Our president declared a war on terror.

This is, of course, while we were fighting the war on drugs.

So, it's just another war on an intangible idea - a farce designed to spur military spending and curtail rights/freedoms.

Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

If I was the man in charge, and I got to declare war on anything I liked, even if it made no sense, I think I'd have to declare war on Irony. Why not, eh?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Within a intelligence war....we are against the whole world.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Don't forget the war on poverty and the war on obesity.

How come all these wars always seem to create or increase huge bureaucracies?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The U.S. is at war with the American people if you ask me. The Governments and the politicians that run this joint have been trying to screw us over for a long long time. I wonder if and when the citizens of this nation will decide to fight back and elect a independent and demand more than two political parties?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacerd
The U.S. is at war with the American people if you ask me. The Governments and the politicians that run this joint have been trying to screw us over for a long long time. I wonder if and when the citizens of this nation will decide to fight back and elect a independent and demand more than two political parties?

i personally think thats what they want
for an uprising, or small but noticrabler group to say thats enough
then its marshal law and bingo, agenda complete
im just trying to figure out what 'my government' is really upto at the mo

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It's people....next question?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Seriously, the term "war" is a legal concept described in the Constitution. We are not at "war" with Iraq. Therefore, who are we at war with from a legal standpoint?

And if this so-called war isn't really a war, who has the legal authority over it? The POTUS? Or Congress?

And technically, was it EVER a "war"?

top topics

join