It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: Secret plan to keep Iraq under US control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Revealed: Secret plan to keep Iraq under US control

www.independent.co.uk

Bush wants 50 military bases, control of Iraqi airspace and legal immunity for all American soldiers and contractors...

A secret deal being negotiated in Baghdad would perpetuate the American military occupation of Iraq indefinitely, regardless of the outcome of the US presidential election in November.

But the accord also threatens to provoke a political crisis in the US. President Bush wants to push it through by the end of next month so he can declare a military victory and claim his 2003 i
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
not a huge surprise, the only difference is that it is slowly coming out into the open.

the bush co. plan to slowly take over the middle easts, no the worlds rapidly dwindling resources to secure america's new century of power.

my question is this, is it true that bush co. can commit the country to something the next president can not undo?

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Yeah, I agree with you completely about the 'no surprise' thing.

But to be honest, I don't think this has been kept a 'secret' plan at all. Remember McCain? Bush's 3rd term? He been pushing for never leaving also, it feels like.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
JM said the war could last a long time, he never said we would stay forever. Besides this is something completely different this is about making Iraq part of the US essentially.

Sure it is no surprise that Bush co. is attempting to do this, my question is can it not be undone when another gets into office.

I really don't care what Bush does in regards to this if in less than a year it can be changed, but if Bush can somehow commit us so that we can not get out of it this is a really really big deal.

I would really love to hear from some of the more politically well versed here on ATS, what ever stance they take on this.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

maybe with bushs 2nd term ending and all
he can station him self in Iraq,

he will get to protrect his assests with his life for once

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
goddammit him, wat is he thinking? Control of iraq wont change anything. Only one he wants is oil, du u think US control Iraq can be the next superpower? I would say no. It breeds more war.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Mmmmm.... interesting that he wants to push this through so quickly.
Nearly all of the other ME states have refused to allow US bases on their soil to be used for launching attacks against Iran. Perhaps Bush wants this pushed through so quickly by the Iraqis so that he can then use Iraqi bases for much of the flights into Iranian airspace. Maliki may agree to this ut he's barely holding on to power anyway and the Iraqi people will not stand for it.

A long term Iraqi occupation was on the cards from day 1 so this is no real surprise. I guess it's up to the American people and just how many US dead in a pointless occupation they can stomach.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
my question is this, is it true that bush co. can commit the country to something the next president can not undo?

I think he can, when it's a treaty with Iraq then only both sides together could undo it.

It's an interesting article but they got the reason for this deal wrong. Bush doesn't want it "so he can declare a military victory and claim his 2003 invasion has been vindicated", he wants it because the UN mandate that allows the US to stay in Iraq expires in 6 months. If there's not a formal deal with the Iraqi's after that, the UN can demand that we leave the country.

This is one time when it would be good for the Iraqis to drag their feet.

new topics

top topics

join