It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIVET Design and Lockheed Martin UCAV + Northrop UCAV designs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Now, I had never heard of an aircraft design from Lockheed Martin by the name of RIVET 3, but it stands for reverse installation vectored engine thrust - RIVET.

This is a conceptual design art pic of it.

Now you may think 'so ? whats so special ?' and you would be right. It is not until you look at a concept Lockheed martin pushed forward as part of an unmanned strike design UCAV. Here have a look.

Now the similiarities are striking. All thats missing is a pilots seat. and yet we have the line drawings for the RIVET 3 that shows us a possible layout for the UCAV - internal weapons bay and all.

Now, could it be that this concept was valid, and that if this was to go further we could see lockheed Martin producing a convential looking UCAV but with STOL abilities and a payload in essence the same as a F-117 ? (two GBU-12s).

I find the idea appealing, especially as it seems that the plan layout for the UCAV is taken directly from RIVET and updated.

###############################################

On a seperate note but still staying within the firld of next generation aircraft, have you seen these beauties ? concept art again, but my goodness they are very nice indeed and worthy I feel of an audience.

and this beauty of a drawing showing a stealth refueller and a stealth UCAV at tank!

These are both Northrop Grumman designs and can be seen and read about at this link.

Air Force

I know I may not know a thousandth of what alot of you folks here do, but I really do enjoy tapping away and hopefully adding to your forum.

Regards, Dan.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Sorry, wierd edit...I was correcting spelling and reposted the whole thing below

[edit on 4-6-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I will never forget the first time I saw an Stealth bird....I never heard it, I saw a shadow on the ground and I looked up. WOW! Made me proud.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Got to love the high cutting edge black tech the USA can produce (so can the UK but on a different scale).

However i think the USA will reign supreme in aircraft tech for at least another 35 years if not longer.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
What curls my toes is the stuff we "don't know about"!

Awesome stuff!

top topics

join