It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strange patient in the ER

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironman433
reply to post by kdial1

dude who are you ??????

they only came out with this as an official announcement and have been working on this for quite some time now . that is no prediction in any way shape or form .
PRE PRE PRE and let me say it one more time PRE diction . here is the official meaning of PREdiction for those of us who dont know what it means PRE-diction
my god where do they come from ????? please lord please make them stop .

You are an Ironworker, and I understand that you may not understand how big of a discovery that is taking place at this moment. But for me, as an Electrical Engineer this is a major breakthrough. Room Temperature Superconductors are the holy grail in my profession. This will lead the way for quantum computers as well as many other great inventions.

Edit to add: I am not going to insult my own intelligence arguing with you over this. The thread needs to stay on topic. We will see what happens in 4 days. Leave it at that, no sense in arguing over stuff that has not came to pass yet.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by kdial1]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor
He only was motivated to post about it after two of the person's predictions came true.

Holy Smokes......

Yeah, thanks, I get that. What apparently you, and others, aren't getting, is that the author of the thread describes events that happened in the past, and claims them to be "predictions" that came "true". Any huckster can do that......

Gawdamighty.....please read my signature.

The superconductor thingy is in the very preliminary theoretical stages...

"In the face of this discovery, it is clear that we need to reexamine the old and invent some new theoretical models," Tesanovic said. "I predict that these new, iron-based superconductors will keep us physicists busy for a long, long while." Source

How long do you suppose we should wait to see if this longshot "prediction" bears out? Just long enough to lose interest?

[edit on 5-6-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
From the original thread:

1. Magic bullet
2. Polar shift
3. Gravity reversal
4. The sky falling
5. HAARP Wars
6. Time Travel announced (Ha!)
7. Free Energy (never)

Free energy covers this, methinks. Quite strange that he would feel uneasy about the possibility superconductors since their prime purpose is free energy.

Just to explain why superconductors are so important:

Energy is wasted sending electricity from the power station to your home.
The reason for the waste is sending the voltage over long distances.

At the plant the company uses what is called a step up transformer to raise the voltage so that it can be sent from the power station to your home. In the process the power lines running through your neighborhood are at 5000 volts or more, making them inefficient and dangerous.

Of course, your home can't use voltages in the 5000 volt range. So the company sends the high voltage through a step down transformer before it enters your home.

What superconductivity does, in theory, is to negate the resistance in the wire allowing the electricity to flow without having to raise it to such high levels and without creating a heat waste.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if John Hopkins releases some finding this week. In February, this year, Hideo Hosono of the Tokyo Institute of Technology and colleagues found a substance that becomes a superconductor at 26 kelvin.

Since then researchers have found materials that have transition temperatures as high as 55 kelvin.

His work was published in ScienceNow under the title, 'Second Family of High-Temperature Superconductors Discovered,' 17 April 2008.

Here's a blog that gives the highlights.

Still, if Johns Hopkins raises the temperature of superconductivity to 100 kelvin, it won't be a great breakthrough. For superconductivity to be useful it has to be at least room temperature which is about 293 kelvin. That's about 20 Centigrade, or 68 Fahrenheit.

Johns Hopkins Link here

[edit on 6/5/2008 by garyo1954]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
ATS members....this should not be a new thread??

The original thread was temporarily closed, for a reason....why has then been started again???

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Yeah, thanks, I get that. What apparently you, and others, aren't getting, is that the author of the thread describes events that happened in the past, and claims them to be "predictions" that came "true". Any huckster can do that......
Of course anyone can do that. Is anyone saying otherwise? Is anyone taking those two "predictions" as evidence that the story must be credible? I don't think so. Your post was reply to Jemison, attacking him for, what you thought, was taking the OP at his word. It wasn't. He was just pointing out the same point I made, that the two predictions were part of the story because the OP used that as his supposed motivation for posting the story. You seemed to be jumping down Jemison's throat. Even your quote of his post leaves out the last line ("thus leading the OP to post his story") making it clear what his meaning was.

Of course anyone who says "well those two predictions came true, so it all must be true" would be an idiot. But you were, unfairly I believe, lumping Jemison in that group.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736

MYSNIP
The prediction is regarding an east coast research facility at a top school. According to his statement to me they will discover something in 5 days from now that will change what we know of physics (specifically energy and matter as we understand them). He stated that they will go on to win the Nobel prize and that the discovery will change everything (oil reliance being the major point).*SNIP. THE TEXT FROM THIS POINT ON CONTAINS NO INFORMATION BEARING ON PREDICTIONS.SNIP*
ENDMYSNIP

Okay. This reminded me about something I read on another board not too long ago about Newtonian physics and something about a friction theory being developed and tested at some obscure university or college in I believe it was Massachusetts. I'll see if I can't find the link later tonight.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor
He was just pointing out the same point I made, that the two predictions were part of the story because the OP used that as his supposed motivation for posting the story.

If it's just a matter of misread semantics, I apologize. But in my defense, go back and read your line I quoted, and note the difference. You're right, that was his supposed motivation; but, that's not what I read in either of the lines I quoted. This is a text only medium....and the quotes I used appeared to be unambiguous in the characterization of the "predictions" being "true."

Okay.....at least I now know what your meaning was and is.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Let me put one more point to rest here. I have been sent this U2U:

BoulderMD
sent: 5-6-2008 at 06:31 PM
Yes, please post info about my IP originating here in Boulder.

So I can now confirm that the IP does indeed go to Boulder, Colorado.

While there has been a lot of speculation, some of it logical, some not, some civil, and some not, I have not yet found anything that is provably false in this account. And I have looked at it fairly close.

Now having said that, I'm not going to feel kindly disposed when someone starts calling the member BoulderMD a liar, nutcase, ad nauseum. He may not be posting here at the moment, but he's still a member, with the same protection and right to civility as any of you.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Okay. This reminded me about something I read on another board not too long ago about Newtonian physics and something about a friction theory being developed and tested at some obscure university or college in I believe it was Massachusetts. I'll see if I can't find the link later tonight.

I am guessing it is this:

supernova.lbl.gov...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

maybe the time on camera he used wasnt reset for daylight savings... making it off a day. Heck, my camera is convinced its 1900 since i never bother to reset the time when i change batteries.

just a thought.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
Let me put one more point to rest here. I have been sent this U2U:

BoulderMD
sent: 5-6-2008 at 06:31 PM
Yes, please post info about my IP originating here in Boulder.

So I can now confirm that the IP does indeed go to Boulder, Colorado.

While there has been a lot of speculation, some of it logical, some not, some civil, and some not, I have not yet found anything that is provably false in this account. And I have looked at it fairly close.

Now having said that, I'm not going to feel kindly disposed when someone starts calling the member BoulderMD a liar, nutcase, ad nauseum. He may not be posting here at the moment, but he's still a member, with the same protection and right to civility as any of you.

some person named spikey theorized in my topic that i am the same person as BoulderMD. because we have similar writing styles, joined on the same day, and both have topics dealing with the future.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

thanks, kdial...that might be it...i'm not positive. i think this was a university, not a government facility (but they may have merged...who knows). from what i remember, the amount of energy required to sustain it would be highly prohibitive. i'll look for the link on my home computer when (if) i ever get there

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Still, if Johns Hopkins raises the temperature of superconductivity to 100 kelvin, it won't be a great breakthrough. For superconductivity to be useful it has to be at least room temperature which is about 293 kelvin. That's about 20 Centigrade, or 68 Fahrenheit.
--------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Penny, the guy that posted the above is what I would be talking about being "proof". If they announce they achieved room temp. I will be sold....but we don't even know for sure if this was what MD was referring to as being the prediction, he was a bit cryptic when pointing out the link.
That of course doesn't bode well for me buying this whole story.
But like I said before, what is 4 or 5 more days to wait for some major event... I have no skin in the game here.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Not bad. You might be right about that. I, of course, think M. Night Shyhamsandwichalon is a 2 bit hack and this sort of stunt wouldn't be below his poor taste. If it is a marketing ploy it's well done and much better than all of his movies combined. Where is my puke emoticon when I need him?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by johnDoe21

DST would make it 1 hour behind. If it was never set it would be way off as you mentioned. I think if some one sets the clock it would not be a day off. It's possible but seems unlikely. Why set it if you are not going to put in the correct date.

I just thought it was odd. I just have the feeling the picture was set up before the whole discussion started. May be will hear a reason as to why it is so.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
There is/was nothing in the original thread the PROVED the op was a liar so why is it still locked????

If anything the guy has sent some evidence of his location etc - the original thread should be reopened so the OP can post more

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 281011
If anything the guy has sent some evidence of his location etc -

It might prove he is in that city but how many other people are there also.

Based on his previous posts it doesn't sound like much is going to be revealed to actually prove anything because that wasn't his intent.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I can't say I would be sold on a prediction being proven in what the OP described as an unusual 'hot" psychic way, just because it comes true. All that proves to me is he or the ER patient could have had advanced knowledge of the situation. Either one of them could have acquired the information in a variety of ways and the proof lies in disproving this possibility. It's quite possible it is what he suggested, a real prediction, and I await more information. That aside, it's a good story.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 281011

IP Location does not prove he is NOT hoaxing. right now the onus is certainly on BoulderMD to show he is not hoaxing. He is making a very very unusual claim and he needs to provide the very very unusual evidence to prove it.

Perhaps a news article of the said accident on the said date would go a long way ...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ok, heres a strange one. This story broke from boulder colorado and had some strange predictions not revealed. Today, colorado springs, a story comes out of ground tempuratures of 800 degrees burning some kids feet and they show a picture of the kids sneaker all nuked and stuff.

Is this related????

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join