It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strange patient in the ER

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Folks, I work for a newspaper - and I called the Security Supervisor at Boulder Community Hospital in an official capacity as a factchecker about this. There was no incident of this type on the night of May 31st (the OP posted on 6/3 and said that the incident occurred 3 days prior) or on any other day. The supervisor said that its been "a very quiet couple of weeks" with "nothing out of the ordinary" occurring. I questioned the supervisor further asking if there was any way that something like this could have happened without the Supervisor hearing about it, the Supervisor relied "No Chance", saying that - even if it was just through gossip - the Supervisor would have heard. Nice Story, we'll probably end up seeing it on the big screen someday, but as for its basis in reality - it just doesn't pass the test.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I find it interesting that the ThEsEnTiNeL lists his only friend as BoulderMD, while no one lists him as a friend and yet he has been a member since January 2007.

Is it possible to know when the profile was last edited? Of course he can't amend it if others have made a friend of him.

Is it possible this is just a dummy account? For an agency maybe? A government agency, especially if the incident was real, would likely be able to know who the doctor is and could post to embarass him. Do we know if this is an actual person?

While I don't believe the story , it IS all very tin hatty and I love a good mystery, hoax or not...

[edit on 5/6/08 by kosmicjack]

yeah that's what i was typing too! without all these details though. they might have been saying to the doc...look how we can find you and what we can do!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
People keep saying he is a great writer. I think it is a work of fiction but I would hardly call him a great writer.

The majority of the tale is focusing on HIM as a doctor. It is focusing on his position, his interaction with the nurse, revelations regarding his personal life, his medical knowledge, his embarrassment at being surprised and not thinking clinically etc... The writer is really stretching and hitting the readers over the head with a hammer in an attempt to develop the main character in a plausible way.

The first time I read it I thought it did sound like a very insecure, arrogant medical professional (probably an immigrant to the U.S.) but really it goes beyond even that. It sounds to me like the first chapter of a book by a new writer that is still quite clumsy in their writing style.

I agree and said as much in the original topic. It's in a certain genre, but it's hardly worthy of publication as is.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Are you serious? I mean really! Many people find the story to be very very questionable, you think it is a conspiracy of ATS posters that are really agents trying to discredit the OP? Hey, if that is the case, maybe i was not on the payroll of the official debunkers, but I still expect a check!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I think this story has not come to an end yet. There was a prediction mentioned in the original post. It said that the president of Somali, Abdullahi Yusef Ahmed, would be attacked in his plane. It also said that if something came true of the predictions, the OP would be back in 6 days to reveal more. Well, you would have to guess that the plane incident is what he is waiting on. I think the story was long winded, but then again, I love to write a thorough story and I'm no professional script writer, so I am willing to give this a wait and see. So many people on that original thread did not read the story thoroughly and wasted our time. For those saying this story is full of holes, and what has this site come to? Hey, I have yet to read a thread that did not have tons of holes, that why this site exists. Don't be so harsh, people.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is no doubt a hoax, if they guy had any real predictions they would have been said. I go with the Viral Marketing theory regarding "The Happening".

Not particularly well performed.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Now I'm NOT taking sides here. I am almost always the fence setting type on such issues.

But. I've had some contact with BoulderMD since the other day, and I think I'll be able to furnish more information shortly. As in sometime today.

I can'tt specify the nature of this information, but I just wanted to let those interested in the subject know that the story isn't over yet. You might want to keep a check here.

And please, remain civil. This isn't life and death, it's an internet forum. Believing, not believing, straddling the fence, whatever; there's no need for people to get their blood pressure up.

And certainly no call for ever being nasty with the OP or with each other.

In the words of Arny, "I'll be bach."

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Wheres the original story?

I have no idea what you guys are on about!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Wheres the original story?

I have no idea what you guys are on about!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

The prediction of the attack on somalias president has already happened.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
:\

Woah....so BoulderMD said in April that something would happen to the Somali president by way of a plane attack...June 1st...this actually happens.

Is this evidence that perhaps the OP was actually being truthful in his account?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Nice find shadowmantn... that kinda screws the OP a bit. He psoted first on 6/3 with a prediction of an event that occurred 6/1? This thing is unravelling quickly now. Shapes of Serpo...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Folks, I work for a newspaper - and I called the Security Supervisor at Boulder Community Hospital in an official capacity as a factchecker about this. There was no incident of this type on the night of May 31st (the OP posted on 6/3 and said that the incident occurred 3 days prior) or on any other day. The supervisor said that its been "a very quiet couple of weeks" with "nothing out of the ordinary" occurring.

I used to work for a small community hospital in the ER. You say you called as an official fact checker.

We were never allowed to make public statements to anybody about anything going on at the hospital. Even if you spoke to a supervisor, I don't believe you, because even at our small hospital, we had an official spokesperson who was assigned to answer questions about the going on's at the hospital. EVERYONE was instructed to get a hold of the spokesperson if we got questioned in any way. I don't believe a supervisor could take the liberty to give you any information, and if they did they might lose their job.

We were never allowed to give anyone information about what Dr. was working in the ER, or who is currently working in the ER.

There are a lot of nuts out there that might have a gripe with the guy, and want to know when they are working.

I am leaning on the side of this story being a hoax also, but not by the OP as a means of attention.

I think this could be a disgruntled employee or ex-patient of the hospital making up this story to draw attention to the Hospital or a specific Dr. working there.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I am not a believer in the story...leaning toward hoax, but for the sake of accuracy he did say in the first post that he would refer to the patient as a "he" or "him" regardless of gender for the sake of telling the story and that this didn't mean the patient was in fact male or female.

Also... I got the impression that at some time during the visit the patient became "hot" and asked not to be touched rather than arriving that way.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cmongo4

I don't know if this was responded to yet, but by "couldn't tell" whether it was a he or she, he meant that HIPAA prevented him from revealing the gender.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The OP stated that the prediction regarding the Somalia President had already come to pass and when the 'Obama wins, Hillary doesn't concede' prediction occurred, that was two predictions that turned out to be true, thus leading the OP to post his story.

I'm glad to hear that Mods have been in touch with the OP and that this story is not dead! Will the other thread be reopened or is this where we are to stay tuned for further details?

Jemison

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ezziboo
What troubles me about BoulderMD's post is that:
1) patient had a scalp laceration...possible head injury?
2) patient's statements...indicating possible psychosis, either due to organic mental illness or brain trauma from head injury.

The patient was allowed to leave AMA; #2 seems reason enough to request court approval of a 72-hour hold for observation. I find it doubtful that a hospital would do such a thing...but, I may have missed something in his post that would explain allowing AMA discharge.

Not taking sides here but....

Let's accept the story as true for the moment. The Dr. told the patient that he could trust him which would imply that this whole story was only b/w the two of them - until he posted here that is. Therefore there would be no basis on keeping the patient if his injuries didn't warrant being hospitalized.

We may never know but again, if this is true, it seems to me to make sense that the patient would give the Dr. some prediction of something in the immediate future, something that would quickly prove the guy to be legit. That being the case, it makes sense that the attempt at the President's life would come the next day....though the timing would obviously cast doubt from our perspective here.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Also... I got the impression that at some time during the visit the patient became "hot" and asked not to be touched rather than arriving that way.

...that was my impression when I read it too. Didn't he mention something of the demeanor or presence of the guy being suddenly different? I'll have to go back and reread.....

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
The OP stated that the prediction regarding the Somalia President had already come to pass and when the 'Obama wins, Hillary doesn't concede' prediction occurred, that was two predictions that turned out to be true,

Uh excuse me....he wrote the post after both of those occurrences. Any idiot can pick out past events and claim any nonsense....for instance, a week ago, I predicted there would be a 3.2 magnitude earthquake centered near Mt. Carmel, Illinois at approximately 2:30 am Central Time, June 5, 2008. TA-DA!!! Oh my God!!!! It's true!!!!! By what process of reasoning have you decided that these were "predictions that turned out to be true?"

[edit on 5-6-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
OK, here's what I have that can be revealed concerning contact between myself and BoulderMD.

He sent me one of the predictions last night, and I will show it with the time stamp from my Message Center. I'll only show the portion of the message that concerns the prediction, as stipulated by the sender. I want to assure you that there is nothing in the rest of the message that has any bearing at all on what we are discussing here.

Message as follows:

Subject:
sent: 4-6-2008 at 10:41 PM
Hello,

I see that the thread has been locked. *SNIP TO REMOVE TEXT NOT PERTAINING TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND.SNIP* I will, however, go on record as saying that people are very far off base talking about the end of the world and such. The things in his predictions that make me feel uneasy are about his predictions of the physics discovery. They have nothing to do with CERN or the Large Hadron Collider (which I had to google to even find out what it was). The prediction is regarding an east coast research facility at a top school. According to his statement to me they will discover something in 5 days from now that will change what we know of physics (specifically energy and matter as we understand them). He stated that they will go on to win the Nobel prize and that the discovery will change everything (oil reliance being the major point).*SNIP. THE TEXT FROM THIS POINT ON CONTAINS NO INFORMATION BEARING ON PREDICTIONS.SNIP*

He also sent me another message today, which I will not quote from, as no portion of it has been authorized for release by BoulderMD except a link that he thought might be relevant to our discussion.

The link is here:

www.sciencedaily.com...

Now before anybody starts in about me withholding information, please bear in mind that I am very strictly bound by the T&C in such a situation. I would act in exactly the same manner should this be a communication between me and any one of you.

But I assure you that I have NO information that deals with verification of BoulderMD being who he says he is, that is not already in this or the other thread. I have NO other information concerning predictions of any kind, at this time.

Nor will I give any opinion here, as I am just a conduit for the information as it is presented and all judgment and research/evaluation of this material rests solely with interested ATS members.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join