It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can there be proof?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I thought this thing up the other day. If we take the Christian religion as an example, there can never be a definite proof of God, because if there is, the End of Days can not happen.

I mean, if we had proof of the Christian God, then most likely the majority - if not all people would convert to Christianity, right? And as I understand the Final Days, there will be a sort of a new world order (which would require much popular support - Satan is to be seen as the saviour of humankind when he first steps on the scene).

But in a way, the only proof there would be is if things played out as the Bible predicts it will.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Yep. AND! this can be applied to many of our current discussions. There will be proof of UFOs and/or EBEs when we can look back on history, and pinpoint a period when we were on the cusp of knowing, but lacked the evidence (that was universally accepted) of their being.

So it goes. Selah.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Who says its the Christian God?Whynot the Catholic god?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If there was proof of God, not just misrepresentation of facts, I would convert. I believe there is a video on youtube entitled "How to convert an Atheist" and I'd have to say I agree with the author on his various points.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

The Catholic God? The Bible is the same in all branches of Christianity, is it not? All Christian branches still lead to the end days, one way or another.

If there was proof of God, not just misrepresentation of facts, I would convert.

Yes, but that is the point. It's like the grandfather paradox (timetraveller goes back in time and kills his father, therefore the timetraveller isn't born, thus he doesn't go back in time after all).

As I said, if we take the Christian timeline, there will indeed never be any proof of God. Christians will be prosecuted, and how can this happen if we would have proof of the Christian God? Why then would people prosecute Christians?

[edit on 2008/6/4 by Karras]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Well there is one undisputed fact.....i dont believe the earth was created 6000 years ago like christians do.I dont believe in creation either.I believe we evolved.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
First, you have to establish a common denominator for everyone to agree to as to what would constitute absolute proof of God. This is impossible to do.
And to clarify, there is only one God, and God is not any denomination.
Some people see the proof of God in the beutiful symmatry of everything from the smallest atoms to the largest galaxies.
I fear some people could see an alien talking to God and never believe what their eyes saw. Not while alive anyway!
Almost every religion has some kind of tragic event predicted and the return of "their" God too, not just christian or catholics. What if God were an Aztec feathered serpent? Would the world then start sacrificing their enemies by ripping their hearts out on an altar?
No one religion has it right, but some individuals have found the truth in times past, perhaps even now there are those among us that walk the lighter path. We could only be so lucky.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Deception- antichrist decieves people by mimicking god

What would be proof?
healing and only doing good like a jesus figure? well he wasnt accepted even though he performed miracles of god like proportions.

You know if you are connected to god or not.

New testament details 3 things you need.
Belief
Faith
Love

Thats all you need

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
Well there is one undisputed fact.....i dont believe the earth was created 6000 years ago like christians do.I dont believe in creation either.I believe we evolved.

Many Christians do not believe the young earth theory and the Bible does not give the age of th earth. As far as undisputed? I am certain you will find many that will dispute that with you so it isn't exactly undisputed.

So far, it sounds like you have never read the book. By the way, the Bible is quite clear about our origin and Darwinian evolution not only is NOT the way,

it would be impossible to make sense out of much in the bible.

Hence the reason the troubled theist turned atheist Chuck Darwin created the controversial and dying theory

- Con

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar

because its the same one...
and "Christian groups today are off shoot religions of the original Catholic Church... which is a growth out of the Roman+ early JewishChristians+ St. Paul Converts....
is it the same 'religion not anymore but it is the same God

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This is an interesting topic, but I haven't seen anyone approach it from my point of view. If there's proof/evidence of God, why would suddenly "believe" in a religion? Religion generally requires faith. Proof is the anathema of faith. If you have proof that something is or is not true, faith is no longer part of that equation.

In addition, unless you, yourself, are on a higher plane than God, there's no way you can ever prove or disprove that God is, well, God. God could simply be a more advanced form of life that gives the appearance of great power, but is simply farther along the developmental path than we are.

That's my $0.02 anyway!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

It's not controversial. It's not dying. He was agnostic.

Get a grip, con. You keep popping up, spurting out nonsense, then running off with your fingers in your ears when someone tries to point out how wrong your assertions are.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

It's not controversial. It's not dying. He was agnostic.

Get a grip, con. You keep popping up, spurting out nonsense, then running off with your fingers in your ears when someone tries to point out how wrong your assertions are.

Dave, you ignorant evolutionist, what the hell do you think all this controversy between us is about then?

more taste?

less filling?

My God man, just look around in ATS. (not controversial pffffT lol.)

Many many more like this

Yes, evolution is dying dave, and the longer man lives the more he sees he stays the same. Every thing dies dave and evolution is on borrowed time as it is.

As for your last rebuttal.

Do you know where Darwin is now?
I would guess you think he is in a grave while I would submit that he is performing some kind of service in hell.

1) He was agnostic so he may as well have been Atheist, the results are the same.

2) I see the dirt that's on his knees.

Maybe he is laying asbestos tile,

or something

- Con

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

OK then, can you do better?

Propose us your radical new theory of how life came into existence. Somehow though, I doubt that that "a superintelligent, omniscient, omnipotent, calculating being appeared out of nothing, changed the laws of physics to allow himself to exist in the first place, then created us all" is going to catch on again.

Natural selection, had you gave it a through look instead of simply crying "bunk", would surely have proven more believable and probable than you seem to think it is.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlyCM

OK then, can you do better?

Sly,, read my post, what did I say?

NO I can not but because I can not does not mean I should just "make things up" or give a load of "just so" stories like so many Atheists do.

Propose us your radical new theory of how life came into existence. Somehow though, I doubt that that "a superintelligent, omniscient, omnipotent, calculating being appeared out of nothing, changed the laws of physics to allow himself to exist in the first place, then created us all" is going to catch on again.

Again I can not however as time goes on and real Science the kind that doesn't bastardize the definitive meaning of words like "species" and "theory" seem to substantiate the book of genesis more and more.

You have little understanding of anything you attempt to discuss sly.

First an omiscient omni present God doesn't change the laws of physics.

HE CREATED THEM

Second he doesn't change them to exist in the first place

HE ALWAYS DID EXIST.

I have read so much about natural selection it would overwhelm you but proving that is of no interest to me. I have already been acknowledged as a top educator in my field living out of a suit case lecturing to people all over the country who WANT to learn. I have also taught Highschool to many like you who "dared" me to teach them a single thing.

They were that dead set against considering that I just might know more than they do. It reminds me of the old Bumper Sticker saying:

"Hire a teenager, while they still know everything"

I got better things to do than talk to unteachable kids who have their minds made up and think they got all the facts when what they got is JOHNSON and what I call that is,,

whats the word again??

Oh yeah,,

BUNK

- Con

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Conspiriology]

new topics

top topics

join