It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members / IP address

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This is re the BoulderMD thread. I'm puzzled: how can a regular member (not a mod) trace another member's IP address? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that's what happened here.

I'm looking forward to some clarifications.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Can you link to the thread, please? I don't know which one you mean. I dont have any idea if IPs can be traced by members or not.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Yeah, its been closed now because of this. I was about to gloat that his prediction was wrong, he couldn't have known but funny none the less. But yes, I worry now, if members can do it, no reason why mods and spooks cant know who we are at all times.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

If I knew how to link it, I would, but it's the article on the homepage that says ER patient has me spooked. Someone evidently traced this guy's IP address, and it appears to be another member that did it. I'm not sure of all the facts, but you will find it all on that thread.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by crestone

There are many ways to gain anothers IP if no firewall is used. Sometimes with realy good skills even with a firewall. I won't go into a how to here but it can be done.

Zindo

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Please use this thread...

ATS Issues Thread

For inquiries such as this.

Thread closed.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Sorry, I don't know how to link to it, but it's on the ATS home page. The thread is called:

Interesting character in my ER has me spooked

new topics

top topics

join