It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My friend caught a ghost on her digital camera.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I have not posted here in ages, but this photo made me think of this site and I thought I'd share.

My friend Michelle called me a couple weeks back. I'm 44, she's 45. We've been close friends since 11th grade. Many years back she moved into an old farmhouse in Perry Hall, Maryland. It was located right off Bel Air Road as you're leaving Perry Hall, heading down through the Gunpowder State Park area. It sat a good distance off the road on the right hand side. A stone driveway, a spring house in the front yard, a small smokehouse off to the left, and a big old barn to the right. There use to be a silo in the backyard, but only a large concrete platform with a hole was left; this was used for many a bonfire at Michelle's. When she first moved in I partied alot there with her, Eric and Joe. Eric was her live-in boyfriend and Joe was her best friend (who I later became best friends with). We had some great times! The house was very old. Michelle nicknamed it "Farmhell", partially alluding to the fact that she worked out of her home as a desktop publisher (the drudgery). At some point she put a chicken coop in the backyard. Michelle often talked about a ghost in the house, in her bedroom, and Eric's. At some point Eric told Michelle something scared him. He said that one night he felt something get into the shower with him. Freaked him out so bad he started taking baths from then on. To be honest, sometimes old houses like this one give me the creeps. I know that there were a couple bonfire nights where I felt "spooked" going into the house alone to use the bathroom...and I had an alcohol buzz, no less, so you'd think I'd be uninhibited. Anyway, eventually Eric moved out. Michelle and him weren't jiving anymore. At some point later, our best buddy Joe died from a heart attack (that was a total blow to Michelle and I). And then not too long after that we found out Eric had taken his own life with a shotgun in his backyard. Michelle stayed in the house for a couple more years. I'm sure she could tell you all some stories (if I could get her to join the forum). At some point the State of Maryland decided they were going to be cutting a road through her property. She was renting the house, so the landlords told her she had to leave. Since she had a child and was working out of the home, the State told her they'd find a comparable place to live (which they did). Michelle moved.

Maybe a year later, she has an urge to go down and take pictures of her old boarded up home. She was sad to see the old house falling apart. At some point, she's telling one of her customers about the old house, and they asked her to write an article on it. She pulled the photos up and was zooming in on them to see if she could see through the windows to the condition inside the house. Then she saw the face, and called a couple friends to tell them what she found in her photos. I was one of the calls. She sent me more photos and we proceeded to check everything. Oddly, we found something in another window that almost resembled an alien gray, but the first photo with the face was so clear. And NO this is not Photoshopped. This is totally legit. I myself work in graphics and have used Photoshop for years. Besides, Michelle doesn't know Photoshop well enough to pull something like this off. And we been friends for 28 years. When I zoomed in I could see no traces of tampering in the pixels. This thing is for real. I think it's really cool.

This is the photo (and unfortunately I'm having a hard time getting this site to not crop it - the right side - but it doesn't matter because you can see the part that's important):

This is it zoomed in. My cousin couldn't see the face so I had to trace it for her:

Here's a real tight close-up (pixel level):

I've always been skeptical of this kinda stuff, but this is really unexplainable.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by rocknroll]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hi

Nice post and this is my take only.

I've stated before here that psychologist say that humans tend to look for a face in random data such as clouds, rocks (like the mars rocks LOL), etc. It's because by nature we tend to look at the faces of people to determine friendship or aggression, a survival instinct.

Second part of this. Glass, believe it or not, is a liquid. Over time you can actually distinguish waves in glass. The density of the glass at the time of manufacture will determine the rate at which the waves (distortion) occurs. So, after looking at your picture, I'd say the house is very old, the glass has different waves in it and the refraction tricked your brain to see what you needed to see, a face.

Here's a link to amorphous solids.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Okay, I can see that angle. I do know for a fact that the glass in those pains is liquidy-looking. It's very old (circa 1890's). But still, it makes me wonder. That was Eric's bedroom. No, it doesn't resemble Eric at all.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Nice picture

But I agree with ArcAngel, just looks like distortion in the glass, rather than something behind it. I am wondering if the "face" could have been visible from another angle. It would help to confirm what it was if another picture from a different point of view was taken

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I don't even see a face. I think it's the glass reflection as well the "melted" glass.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The third picture looks like a young boy to me.
It is definitely worth a second look.

Thanks for posting!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Interesting picture... Looks like some heavy landscaping is in order! Get to it!

top topics

join