It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream of past lives?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I was wondering, and not sure if there is another thread like this but, Can we in our dreams, see past lives? I could of swore that I dreamed that I was in a past life a couple of days ago. The dream was very very short, at least I don't remember it all but I was next to an older woman and I was in an aboriginal(*spelling?) tribe. She was looking at another person,next to them; they were standing and I don't recall if the person was alive or dead but she was showing drawings on them. It looked like a hieroglyphic type of writing?? or tattooing? It seemed so real.

The picture kind of represents the person standing ..but the woman was heavy set and had clothes??
Picture

I also had another dream awhile ago where I was standing and a spirit from the 1800's came up to me and told me he hasn't seen another spirit like me in such a long time? I cant remember all of that in detail as well but they did feel like something was communicating to me?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by qd22vcc

Hey there qd22vcc,

I made a thread about pastlife recall here's the links for you ...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was 13 pages long at the last count but there is lots of info about the subject (inc PLR in dreams)

Also here's a link to my website which also has plenty of info / case histories etc about PLR.

www.pastlivesparanormalandpagans.com...

Hope this is helpful to you ... and yes, it does sound like you retrieved some snapshots of a previous lifetime.

Woody

[edit on 5-6-2008 by woodwytch]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Appreciate the response..I will go there.Most people dont respond if I have questions about certain things, so thanks!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Did you have dreams of interstellar travel also??

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
About 2 weeks ago right after a REALLY great yoga class our instructor had us lie down as usual on our mats in our most comfortable position. She then turns out the lights and lights sage and walks by each of us and spreads the scent of it over us. (This is all usual after every yoga class she does this) This time around when going into that place where we just focus on our breathing and being so incredibly relaxed I started hearing a voice and this other man started to appear and was talking to me. He was holding a parchment and was explaining a law to me. I understood what he was saying but I don't know how because I didn't understand the language at all. It was maybe ancient greek, arimeac(sp?), latin or some other. I was so taken up in it then I hear my instructors voice having us wiggle our toes to gently bring us back to full consciousness.

In the locker room afterwards I was telling my friend about it and how real it felt and then I felt a little bit dumb because the yoga class is at my job in a very corporate setting and not the usual bit of talk in a men's locker room. But then he surprised me by smiling and saying "Have you ever read Many Lives, Many Masters?" I said no and he said "You should" and walked out. Needless to say I felt great about the whole experience. I just ordered that book and it should be here in 2 days.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I posted this today on another forum in response to a topic related to animal spirits (as opposed to human spirits) and thought it sufficiently related to this topic, past lives, and how it relates to my belief that we are ONE and eternal. It is also my belief that all our lives, and the nature of reality itself, are experienced as dreams (essentially, we exist within a holodeck, a matrix).

I don't believe there is a distinction between spirits (i.e. animal spirits, human spirits, etc.). I'm convinced there is only one type of spirit, soul, whatever you prefer to call our/your core essence of being. By this I mean, right now my spirit/soul is experience being a human. In a previous existence I was a frog, a dog, a mosquito, and an ant.

As a result of a number of spiritual experiences I've had in the past, and my recent years of attempting to understand the meaning of eternal life, I've come to the logical conclusion that we are ALL, everything, and that given eternity, we eventually get to experience "IT-ALL." This means to me that eventually I will be you, and you will be me, and we are actually ONE experiencing it ALL.

Another way of attempting to explain this is that there is only ONE, GOD (if you prefer), and we/I/you/god are eternal, and we (or "I" since there is really only ONE of us actually engaged within all THIS) spend eternity in our dreams, our holodeck, pretending we are each other, experiencing being it all.

This concept is much like what we experience within our nightly dreams. Within a dream, have you not ever wondered: "Just who are all those other people and creatures in MY dream?" They are of course all YOU too, you being/meaning your higher god/creator/dreaming self.

This concept of course can be difficult to live with, because when I see a poor child starving in some getto nation, I know that in some past or future existence/life, that will be ME. This belief leads me to believe that in this life, if I should kick a dog, one day I'll awaken and find myself being that kicked dog. And, if I should ignore that starving poor child, that will be me, my soul, my spirit, within that child one day.

This belief also instills empathy ~ a feeling that whatever you are feeling, I will feel one day too when I become you, and you become me.

I have had regression experiences invoked by a very potent plant teacher (salvia divinorum) were I swear I recalled experienced a life of being a frog, a tree, even paint on a wall.

I am so convinced of this belief that I endeavor to live my life knowing that one day I will be you, my cat, an apple hanging upon a tree, a worm underneath my feet, everything. And I keep this constantly in mind when I interact with IT ALL. And it affects how I relate and treat and respect IT ALL too.

I mean, given ETERNITY, what would any GOD, being all alone, do with a holodeck, to keep him or herself occupied and entertained FOREVER? If you were forever, what would you do with all that time to keep from being alone, bored, and going nutso?

Imagine if we ALL could believe in this philosophy and live by it. Imagine how differently we would interact and treat and respect each other if we only knew that one day you would be me and I would be you.

I believe this is the secret of existence that has yet to be discovered by us all. It is the secret that we each discover when awakening from each dream we experience. "Just exactly who are all those other people and creatures (even monsters too) that were in my dream last night?" I truly believe that is the secret we'll discover when we awaken from even this dream and realize who and what we really are.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Once when I was 10 or 11 yrs. old I remembered having the oddest snippet of a dream. I dreamt that I was a young woman who lived (or was visiting) an old European city. It was evening and I was wearing a very chic little black dress circa late '40s, early '50s. I was accompanied by a dashing man (unsure of his age 20-40) who was dressed in either a black tux or suit. We were walking down an old cobblestone street, and stopped atop a footbridge. I remember we were carrying either wine or champagne glasses, and were walking arm in arm, quietly laughing, perhaps tipsy.

There was no dialogue that I can recall, nor any kissing or fondling. However, I can vividly recall an overwhelming sense of pure contentment and joy. The dream lasted less than a minute.

This dream struck me as odd because at the time, I led a fairly sheltered life, was not street savvy, and had not reached the ackward boy-crazy stage. This particular dream had an air of sophsitication about it. I can't help but think that this was perhaps a memory of a past life.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by merryxmas

It's pretty amazing when it happens isn't it ?

Reading your post made me remember how I felt when I started recalling my 'Cornish' lifetime. The conversations I heard were a combination of Olde English and Cornish (a form of Gaelic) ... but I also understood every word that was said.

One I began to realize I was remembering a PL I just wanted to tell everybody ... but I also felt silly at first because it was such an odd situation.

You'll really enjoy the book BTW and it will certainly help you to see how common this is ... and normal ... after all they're only memories (just on a deeper level).

Woody

[edit on 7-6-2008 by woodwytch]

[edit on 7-6-2008 by woodwytch]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I have a lot, and i mean a lot of dreams where im in world war 2.

Im always involved in some type of mission and always seem to escape in the end.

I dont watch a lot of world war 2 programming and i dont play any world war 2 orientated games, so i generally believe I have a connection with something that happened during world war 2.

I seen a documentry years ago about a guy who thought he was someone of importance during the american civil war ( cant remember his name ). He looked identical to the picture of the civil war guy, had moles etc in the same area of the body and im sure he even had a massive scoop mark in the shoulder ( as the civil war guy supposedly took a bad wound to the shoulder during the war ).

It was a freaky documentry to say the least.

Between my world war 2 past life, my ufology intrests ( including seeing a few ) and my ability to always look at a digital clock when its 11:11 , i think im here for a reason and one day ill find out exactly what it is.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zeetroyman

I agree ... I don't think the fact that more and more people are starting to recall PL / see UFO's / experience Alien Abduction, is simple coincidence ... it all has a valid reason behind it !

BTW, I have a 'snapshot' memory of being a fighter pilot in ww2 ... I just see my plane being shot and feel it spiralling down towards the ground knowing that these are the last few seconds of my life ... but feeling remarkably calm under the circumstances.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

It is quite amazing.

I want to have more. Lots more.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I have had several memories and I remember two of my deaths....

1. I was interfacing with some Native Americans and they did not like me because I was white skinned.

2. I remembered being ambushed in Nam and dying in the water with bullets flying around me and me sad and scared saying I think I am dying....

I have so much more I can go for hours.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Full account of mine posted in this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join