It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carter says Obama/Clinton would be 'worst mistake'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Carter says Obama/Clinton would be 'worst mistake'

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

(CNN) — A host of prominent Democrats are pushing for an Obama-Clinton unity ticket — but Jimmy Carter isn't one of them.

The former president, who publicly endorsed Barack Obama shortly before polls closed Tuesday in the final two primary states, told a London newspaper that a joint ticket between the two former rivals would be "the worst mistake that could be made."

"That would just accumulate the negative aspects of both candidates," Carter told the Guardian, saying that both candidates' vulnerabilities could overshadow that the ticket if the two team up together.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It is well known that Carter despises the Clinton's.

I happen to agree with him... Hillary will never seriously accept Obama as her boss.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Much as I like Hillary, I'm afraid Carter might be right. An Obama/Clinton ticket would unify the Democratic party, but it might not help in defeating the Republicans in the fall. To be absolutely calculating, Obama might need a guy, preferably southern and more conservative than he is, to help bring in conservative Democrats, liberal Republicans, and white males in general. It's absolutely imperative that the Democrats win this time, so Obama's choice of v.p. is very important.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Aug 22nd 2018 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

top topics

join