It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cars being broken into

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
My sister's car has gotten broken into twice in the past month and a half and items were stolen as well. We contacted our insurance provider and the lady said there are so many cars being stolen and broken into because of the economy and how people can't afford things anymore. We also got a slip on our mailbox saying how there are cars being broken into in our own neighborhood and to watch out. What will it be like when the economy gets even worse? i fear...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I had my car broken into earlier this year as welll...

What part of the country do you live in???

I live in a Far-left city, with a Large Asian and White population... small black or Mexican population...

And there is still ramptent crime... other people in my neighborhood have had thier cars broken into it too... there was a WHOLE bike rack taken with a few bikes too...

I think that there is FAR more theft and pety crimes in FAR-LEFT cities then in 'redneck' towns... Trying to explain that, will take alot of time...

But i feel for your, it sucks to have your car broken in... i got in my car, and looked at my radio, and it was gone, and i was all confusued, not what sure to make of it, then i looked around, and saw broken glass on the back seat... very depresing...

I lived in a TERRIBLE part of town where i used to live, and i never had any problems... my friend has HIS CAR STOLEN, but they were respectful enough to leave the car parked in a driveway, on the other side of town... someone stole it, hotwired it, used it for 40 miles, then parked it and left it, my friend got a call the next day when the cops found the car... they didnt even steal anything from the car.. just used it...

People are pigs sometimes...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Sorry for everyone getting broken into.

Times like this, I feel sincerely bad for victims of the increased crime lately. (People are syphoning other peoples' gas too now!!!)
But I feel glad that I have no car... And a very large, loud dog to keep people away from my apartment..

This a good time to invest in a car alarm?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Unfortunately it is a sign of the times. My wifes car was broken into some time ago and radio and sunglasses etc stolen. It isn't the theft that is a problem it's the invasion of ones space and privacy!!

I always wish i had caught them redhanded. I am a very passive person but i can promise you i would have broken every bone in that person's hand. In fact i would have parked the car's wheel on his hand and left him for a few minutes while i REINSTALL the radio!!

I have no time for thieves, liars and politicians hehehe

new topics

top topics

join