It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton to Drop Out of Presidential Race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Clinton to Drop Out of Presidential Race

www.abcnews.go.com

Sen. Hillary Clinton will hold an event with supporters by Friday, likely ending her historic bid for the White House and ceding the Democratic nomination to Barack Obama, ABC News has learned.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Could it really be true; that she's facing reality?

NAH!!!

www.abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Why did her handlers report that she will do it by the end of the week? Why can't she just do it right now?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I think Hillary is currently celebrating her mother's 89th birthday (06/04/08). So that leaves another two days (excluding Saturday) of rest and relaxation (?) before her speech to drop out of the presidential race.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Well it's pretty much offical... all the fat lady has to do now is to sing.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AnUpZeU8bIe60OaN6j3vltOs0NUE

June 5 (Bloomberg) -- New York Senator Hillary Clinton said she will end a race that brought her closer than any woman in history to the U.S. presidency and in two days announce her endorsement of Illinois Senator Barack Obama.

``I have said throughout the campaign that I would strongly support Senator Obama if he were the Democratic Party's nominee, and I intend to deliver on that promise,'' Clinton, 60, said in an e-mail to supporters early this morning.

The announcement came two days after Obama, 46, clinched the nomination by amassing the required number of delegates to the Democratic National Convention in August. Clinton said she will help ``rally the party'' behind Obama in his campaign against presumptive Republican nominee John McCain.

``The stakes are too high and the task before us too important to do otherwise,'' Clinton said.

It's got to be hard for her because the day's of trying repeatedly for the white house are effectively over... you get one shot and thats it.

Still she ought to be proud... she has done something that no other woman in this country ever has... get within spitting distance of the presidency (throwing lamps at Bill doesn't count)... between her and Obama... never again will a candidate be dismissed simply because they are black or a woman and that is good.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I'm not counting my chickens just yet. I was hearing Tuesday that if Obama crossed the line, she would drop out. Then her campaign reported that she would not end or suspend her campaign. Now this. Something is happening behind the scenes that the American sheeple are not aware of.

Also, she does have one last chance to be the nominee. Should something tragic happen to Obama, Clinton would no doubt grab the nomination as first runner-up. Obama, I hope you're watching your back (and front, and sides, keep one eye above and below you too).

That said, if she is gone, all I can say is... one down, two to go.
Still not much of a choice.

TheRedneck

top topics

join