It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would now be a good time for disclosure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Assume the following:

ETs exist and have visited Earth.
The U.S. Government knows this and has been hiding what they know for some time.
The U.S. Government has been in contact with ETs (communication) with ETs for some time.

Okay, now given the dire state of the U.S. economy, the U.S. social structure, - some would say that those are in the worst shape they have ever been and that the future of the U.S. indeed looks very bleak.

Assuming that disclosure will happen sometime, would you think that now would be a good time for the government to disclose what they know regarding ETs, when things are so bad? Or would the right time for full disclosure be when when things are at their best?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
You think these guys are from mars or pluto or something?

I grew up with a ufo believer in the house. He met Dr Hynek and went to the planetarium for mufon meetings and all that.

There were too many sightings for there not to be something to the stories, but I wasn't obsessed with it.

I even picked up disclosure and emaild dr greer a few times

You're not gonna believe me, but the truth is, they are the fallen angels from the Bible.

And I wouldn't believe anything that was disclosed from them whores in D.C., if you paid me, except that it is probably just another fabrication. That's all them guys know, lies and spin...they have no truth in them.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by toasted]

[edit on 5-6-2008 by toasted]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I haven't read the entire thread but I just wanted to tell you that when I read your OP I had major de ja vu. Don't know if it means anything but just wanted to share.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

No, no, now.. is not a good idea. People are just not ready, they don't have the state of mind. It is definitely better to advance space exploration first.

Besides, just like toasted, I also believe there will be biblical implications and it ain't gonna be pretty.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Ok.. some may be.. what people perceived to be the fallen angels.. that does not make them divine or from anything divine. It is simply what archaic perception of these beings translates to.

This also means that Jesus and god came from misunderstanding of a similar source.

Reptillians that live deep in the earth are responsible for the legend of hell as well.. and demons.

But that does not change the reality that they are NOT divine.. they are just from somewhere else and our ancestors equated that to "god and angels and demons etc."

If you were to time travel back 5,000 years with a battery pack and a portable dvd you would be misconstrued as the god that holds souls in a box.

that would not make you a god in truth. It would just make them unable to understand what they are seeing.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
for one thing.. if there were aliens ..? which I dont believe there are.. the only ones who can give disclosure would be them. Know one believes all those people that claim they are talking to them.. or saw them.. or abducted by .. etc..etc..etc.. If the president or some other top official would have a news conference to announce that aliens are here, they would be hauled off to the insane asylum unless the aliens showed themselves and there craft. I say again, only the aliens can prove that they are here.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

there was disclosure,but the government controlled media will not talk about it.
check it out

video.google.com...

and one of my favorite UFO vids...
video.google.com...

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Skipper1975]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The ETs are running the show. Disclosure won't happen because they won't allow it. They will start another armed conflict for us to distract us from the UFO/alien phenomenon.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Wow another disclosure thread.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I never intimated they were divine or anything close....they are demons, and they have more than one look.

You must understand, that our history has been muddied on purpose, so that folks don't easily put the pieces together.

All these ancient beliefs are pre-christian, because they came out of babylon, and were spread out to the 4 corners of the earth...and I can't possibly give this the time it needs to air it out properly right now. Maybe someone will help me out here...if they are inclined and have the time.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by toasted]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skipper1975
there was disclosure,but the government controlled media will not talk about it.
check it out

'Disclosure' refers to government disclosure. If the government & government controlled media isn't talking about it, then it's not disclosure.

I agree that things are pretty shaky right now, but seriously, when are they not? I worry about the repercussions of disclosure as much as any sane person, but if we keep waiting for 'the right time' then it will never happen. There's always problems, always political instability. Let's just get it over with and let the chips fall where they may.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Ofcourse i would like to see disclosure but i don't think it's gonna happen.
If it will happen it will be with an agenda anyway.
People don't trust the government on 9/11, economy , politics whatever.
But they do trust the government to give us disclosure?

I really don't understand that.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by abovetech]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think the people are ready. The idea has been around in our culture long enough. It's not like it'd be a huge shock at this point, at least compared to decades past.

As for the "aliens" actually being demons... perhaps but remember the dual nature of existence. Angels/fallen angels, two sides of the same coin.

new topics

top topics

join