It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMERO Being Printed in Denver

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hang on to your hats folks, things are about to get even WORSE !! We are now minting currency of our bleak future.. www.youtube.com... I have posted about the planned fall of our currency and the fall of the soverignty of our borders and massive loss of manufacturing jobs.. www.abovetopsecret.com... The insolvent status of our present banking system.. www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-6-2008 by L.HAMILTON]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

What soverignty of our borders, exactly?
Because....with all due respect to all legal mexican residents, the last time i checked, the number of illegal mexicans in this country is at all time highs

America is not perfect, by any means, and yes, there are those who would love to see it fall, but i really dont see any 'tell-all' signs that say america is "going down" any time soon, and certainly not in the life-time of anyone reading this.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hi, I watched that video that you posted. The speaker seems to be describing a 1920's style depression lined up for Europe in which they're not printing as much money. I believe he said that they weren't printing enough and that was causing a problem.

Usually when I hear about a coming financial crisis it is a prediction of hyperinflation. The speaker in the video also describes people using barrels of money to pay for food. So, I'm a little unclear as to what that speaker believes is happening.

Do you have any source that suggests the Amero is being printed in Denver?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBert
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

What soverignty of our borders, exactly?
Because....with all due respect to all legal mexican residents, the last time i checked, the number of illegal mexicans in this country is at all time highs

America is not perfect, by any means, and yes, there are those who would love to see it fall, but i really dont see any 'tell-all' signs that say america is "going down" any time soon, and certainly not in the life-time of anyone reading this.
Illegal imigrants are a big instrument of depleating the financial structure; as everything comes out of the american taxpayer's pocket. We are talking about the replacement of the american dollar here , and a financial crisis.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AmethystSD

What is being refered to using alot of money to buy loafs of bread is what the silver backed AMERO will be worth. And if there was a disclosure of printing currency that is not officialy declared . Don't you think there might be an angered public outcry.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON
reply to post by AmethystSD

What is being refered to using alot of money to buy loafs of bread is what the silver backed AMERO will be worth. And if there was a disclosure of printing currency that is not officialy declared . Don't you think there might be an angered public outcry.

What? I can't understand what you're saying at all. It's like trying to read a bunch of half-sentences randomly strung together.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Even if there is some truth to this

what would be the big deal? A dollar is nothing more than a piece of "paper" that is worth a certain amount of Gold

So this new "AMERO" would be an amount of silver...

silver may not be worth as much gold

but $100 dollars in silver and $100 dollars in gold is still $100

I dont see how essentially changing the name of our money would be a financial crisis

I'd go to the store and pay with AMEROs instead of Dollars

Or am i missing something?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mdiinican

and if the currency is not offically recognized
then what is the worry? Things will still be legal tender in "dollars"

...you might be able to add your your "500" stack in Monopoly with some AMEROs i'd assume?

or you could treat them like a privately exchanged bank note....

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The Amero Is to replace the american dollar and the Canadian Dollar and The mexican Peso ..to compinsate the weak paso I would say some inflation might occur but not to the point of a disaster like they are saying , however saying that will the Amero allow the open borders like they wanted....that might be a problem..

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Um, the dollar is currently fiat, meaning it isn't backed by anything. IMO, backing the dollar with silver would make me feel a lot more secure. We went off the gold standard in the 70's.

OP, are you saying people are going to need barrel fulls of silver-backed Ameros to buy bread? That doesn't make sense. Usually when I hear this story it goes: dollar deflates, people need barrels of dollars to pay for food, people accept new money system?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I could be wrong in this assumption

but such a huge decision like this would require unanimous support from the house/senate/president.

Basically...it cant happen, right?

If republicans say "this is a great idea"
Democrats say "LIES!"

and vise versa

If the Government decides to go ahead and do it anyways, you end up with mass rioting, because, as i understand it, this would be changing an entire way of life. There'd be a different political system and everything (it takes more than a few rich people to do something that large in a country as suspiscious as the united states)

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON
Illegal imigrants are a big instrument of depleating the financial structure; as everything comes out of the american taxpayer's pocket. We are talking about the replacement of the american dollar here , and a financial crisis.

Yeah right buddy, don't go flinging your racist innuendo here. Most of the immigrants(NOT JUST MEXICAN) just want to try to make a life for themselves here because we actually do have a lot of opportunities available to us. Not to mention they wouldn't be a "problem" if businesses didn't hire them would they? And why do they hire them? Because they don't want to pay an American more to do the same job...I think that attitude, BS international bonds, & outsourcing has contributed more to America's economic/monetary decline more then anything.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by QBert

The US dollar has not been backed by gold since 1933.The dollar we now have is a federal reserve note.A note is a bill of credit.Our dollar is worth nothing.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I really doubt the Amero is being printed in Denver. Not time for it yet wait 2 more years and then maybe.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Wow. You learn something new every day

i did a little googleing, and sure enough, 1933
who'dve thunk it...before WWII was even over with.

And the dispicable part? I remember my history teacher telling us (ohhh so many years ago) that the reason american rose to such new heights after WWII is because we stole all the "nazi gold" thus backing more US dollars.

What a liar.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by QBert
I could be wrong in this assumption

but such a huge decision like this would require unanimous support from the house/senate/president.

Basically...it cant happen, right?

Excellent question, and I have tried to go find the answer to it and nobody really knows the answer. I might just have to start calling up some politicians and other government agencies to see who actually has the power to do this.

I'd assume the "FED" (Federal Reserve CORPORATION) would not want an amero in play unless they were able to control it also. Considering the "amero" is supposed to be the currency for US/Canada/Mexico I don't see it happening unless all three countries agree. I'd assume mexico would agree, the US would push for it, but Canada would resist as their currency is currently at par to the USD although they might gain more on us eventually.

A good question to phrase for "officials" would be, "who would be able to make the decision to back our currency with a metal such as gold or silver?". The president himself, house, senate, the fed? I am really thinking about making some calls tomorrow to find this out for myself.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I know this thread died but I am going to bring it back. Was shopping on ebay today to see about the prices for bullion and stuff and I found auctions for the Amero.

eBay auction for 100 Amero

Here is a picture of it:

Not too sure what to believe about this now.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
That's wild.

What will those crazy "conspiracy theorists" think of next?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

The coin pictured (and, in fact, the only "Amero" coins minted to date), don't come from the Denver mint. They were sculpted and struck by a man named Daniel Carr.

Here's the page where you can order them (Hurry though, they've been discontinued):
Ameros for sale

And here's Mr. Carr's web site:
Designs Computed

Click on the "Coin Designs" link, or just click here:
Commemorative Coins list

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by QBert

You are missing the bigger picture here. Europe is consolidated under the Euro, and the next plan is for us to be consolidated under the Amero, then eventually Asia would be under one currency as well. That leaves the global market with three factors at best in any equation. Think how hostile things would be with all those Middle East countries with oil in one currency, and us in another. You think gas prices are bad now? A conspiracy theorist would also say the ultimate intention is to get the global economy under one currency then have it go belly up, like Enron or Bears Stern, or AIG: the people at the top stay wealthy and everyone below is a serf.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join