It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Uday and Qusay may still be alive!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Report: Saddam wife says Uday, Qusay still ''alive'' as Saddam daughter gets his letter

The report added that Sajeda believes Uday and Qusay Hussein are still alive, and that the pictures released by US authorities were merely "fake".

Click below to read the full report:

www.albawaba.com...

Is this true? Don't know but just thought I'd give you the heads up on it.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Consider the source....

Not to mention, Saddam was well known to use fakes and doubles (remember the speech with the "old" Saddam who was clearly a double,
that still cracks me up....) so this is no surprise...

Other news agencies (especially from France, Germany, Russia, etc.) would have quickly bit on this if it were so....

Even Al-Jazeera won't go that far, hehe....

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It's really hard to tell with the huge pile of sh.., I mean propaganda. For all we really know, those two were killed during the first gulf war. Even better yet, since Saddam isn't usefull anymore, the CIA might have the brothers hidden until they are needed to revitalize the "Old So dam insane" family threat or something or another.

The media can only report what they are allowed to, and that to me is propaganda in and of itself. I see the news turning into some kind of sick soap opera reality show.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
What we do know about their deaths is that a DNA test to prove they were dead was promised, but then it never materialized. We brought this up before on the board so I don't doubt that they are alive and in hiding somewhere.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Interesting point on the DNA test....I'll give you that...
But these guys aren't bright enough to lay low...they'd have outed themselves by now, unless they're in mega lock down...

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Remember, Uday and Qusay have yet to get a public DNA test result on their dead motionless corpses, but the still living Saddam got a positive DNA match in less than a day. How hard is it to get some blood tests done outta some stiffs that ain't goin anywhere?

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Consider the source....

Not to mention, Saddam was well known to use fakes and doubles (remember the speech with the "old" Saddam who was clearly a double,
that still cracks me up....) so this is no surprise...

Other news agencies (especially from France, Germany, Russia, etc.) would have quickly bit on this if it were so....

Even Al-Jazeera won't go that far, hehe....

Yeah, I know. We should just take it with a grain of salt but it is a good idea to keep it on record as a report.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
heelstone brings up a good point about the DNA tests. No official statement was ever released, to my knowledge, after the supposed DNA testing took place. Saddam's DNA test results were released within 24 hours of his capture.

I don't want to speculate on their location, whether they're on two feet or six feet deep, but I can't understand why US officials would falsify their death if the men were alive and kickin'. Perhaps the reference samples didn't match the results after their death or those samples never existed in the first place. A person's identity isn't conclusively proven without a stored sample. Still, one must question the origin of the sample used to prove an identity.

I would expect no hesitation from US officials to release the proof that identifies those men as Saddam's sons. They claimed, before Saddam's capture and the death of his sons, that they had collected DNA samples, but they neglected to mention any other information (ie. what/how/when/where).

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
Report: Saddam wife says Uday, Qusay still ''alive'' as Saddam daughter gets his letter

The report added that Sajeda believes Uday and Qusay Hussein are still alive, and that the pictures released by US authorities were merely "fake".

www.albawaba.com...

This is very interesting. It doesn't say, tho, what makes Sajeda think they're still alive. Just that she thinks the photos were faked.

I havta say, in spookland, who the hell can know? I thought the photos of Uday looked like a double. I was very skeptical. Just 'cause the guy's leg (w/the baggy full of metal pins) was there doesn't mean it was him. The photos of Qusay, I could see a definite resemblance. Still could've been a double, tho.

I was very skeptical before they showed the full body shots.

They could've been doubles. Who would really know? When a person is dead they don't even really look like themself. Plus, I don't trust the word of the military. Just because they say it's Hussein's DNA or dental records doesn't mean its true.

I doubt we'll ever know the truth.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin

I don't want to speculate on their location, whether they're on two feet or six feet deep, but I can't understand why US officials would falsify their death if the men were alive and kickin'.

Remember, things were going very badly at the time and BushCo desperately needed some good propaganda. Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Remember, things were going very badly at the time and BushCo desperately needed some good propaganda. Just a thought.

Absolutely. But, what about the possibility of these two men surfacing at another point in time? Why set yourself up for a kick in the a$$? That's another possible reason no DNA results were ever released. 'We never actually confirmed the death of those two men.'

Diving deeper into the notion it was fake, I suppose the timing of the announcement was more important than the possibility of (future) public recognition that these two men were actually alive. I mean, weren't there discrepancies over the 9-11 hijackers identities?

I'm not sure what to think of this, but their continued silence leaves many doubts in my mind.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Absolutely. But, what about the possibility of these two men surfacing at another point in time?

They could have very easily gotten cosmetic surgery to alter their appearances. That might be a bitter pill to swallow for Uday, tho, being the ego maniac he was. It'd probably kill him.

Diving deeper into the notion it was fake, I suppose the timing of the announcement was more important than the possibility of (future) public recognition that these two men were actually alive. I mean, weren't there discrepancies over the 9-11 hijackers identities?

Timing is everything. Especially with BushCo. Look for Osama to show up at a theater near you in the run-up to the '04 election. Or another ter'er attack to freak the people out into voting for the "war president."

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Of course they could be fakes, of course it could be a nasty public relations exercise by a beleagured military to show they did something right.

But come on, are we to be as paranoid as the average arab? Surely if it was true, and they were still alive, consider the propaganda potential of them releasing a pic with a datad paper. They would shame the Americans and show the military as liars.

That would be a propaganda coup worth the effort.

Silence = death...
Rumours = paranoia

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by mrmulder

www.albawaba.com...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just look at the bodies. They looked like wax manaquins.
They could of also just rounded up a couple doubles and executed them. I want to see some dna evidence done by a group of un doctors or the red cross that arn't working with the army.

Don't trust everything the media feeds us...Thank goodness for the internet...until its tookin away or monitored by the government

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Of course they could be fakes, of course it could be a nasty public relations exercise by a beleagured military to show they did something right.

But come on, are we to be as paranoid as the average arab? Surely if it was true, and they were still alive, consider the propaganda potential of them releasing a pic with a datad paper. They would shame the Americans and show the military as liars.

I'm not sure what to think of all this. I'm inclined to belive that the pictures are fake, and that the real sons have disappeared because they have been paid off. There is just something very fishy about the whole thing.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
What we do know about their deaths is that a DNA test to prove they were dead was promised, but then it never materialized. We brought this up before on the board so I don't doubt that they are alive and in hiding somewhere.

Heelstone, you make a good point about the DNA. Of course even if the corpses are fake, they could've easily gotten DNA results from the brothers who are still alive. Anything is possible in this day and age. So I don't know what to believe.

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The facts are:
  • There WERE 2 people living in the unit
  • The owner DID rat on them to ge the money - plenty of coorobrating evidence there from Arab witnesses
  • They DID fight to the death - no doubt about that
  • Their body marks DID match those of the brothers.
  • The bodies were put on display as well and identified by people who knew them.

Sure you can disbelieve everything, note that the further it is from the time of the event the more people tend to disbelieve what they saw at the time.

DNA would prove nothing if you lock into this mindset. how do you know that the people releasing the DNA are telling the truth, how do you know that it is even their DNA? Could be from another relative.

In the end who died in the firefight? Doubles? Come on, why would they do that when they can easily say "sorry we just look alike" and prove it.

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It doesn't even matter, really. Common people will never know one way or another.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
DNA would prove nothing if you lock into this mindset. how do you know that the people releasing the DNA are telling the truth, how do you know that it is even their DNA? Could be from another relative.

That's what I posted above. There's no tellin' the source of the supposed DNA samples.

Although this topic leaves me confused, I'm sticking to the original story that Saddam's sons are dead. However, I'd like the US to keep their commitment and show us the DNA test results. We've been waiting for months.

You have to admit, Netchicken, withholding the DNA test results certainly raises a few questions.

[Edited on 3/3/2004 by Bangin]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Found this of interest:
"Iraqi informer's family is marked for death
Nawaf al-Zaidan earned $30m by leading the US to Saddam's sons. Now local tribes have sworn revenge"
www.guardian.co.uk...

And also this:
observer.guardian.co.uk...

Excerpt:

"Doctors said Qusay had two bullet wounds to his head. Uday was killed when debris struck his skull with extreme force. Using dental records, medical records and the serial and model number of the steel plate inserted in Uday's left leg after an assassination attempt in 1996, officials said they were sure of their identification."

regards
seekerof

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join