It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC Checkpoint Plan Latest 'Police State' Tactic: Councilman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

DC Checkpoint Plan Latest 'Police State' Tactic

rawstory.com

The latest proposal from DC's mayor and police chief would have officers patrolling Soviet-esque checkpoints limiting residents' ability to travel to and from targeted neighborhoods. The plan was reported Wednesday in The Examiner:

D.C. police will seal off entire neighborhoods, set up checkpoints and kick out strangers under a new program that D.C. officials hope will help them rescue the city from its out-of-control violence. Under an executive order expected to be announced today, police Chief Cathy L. Lanier will have the authority to designate “Neighborhood Safety Zones.” At least six officers will man cordons around those zones and demand identification from people coming in and out of them. Anyone who doesn’t live there, work there or have “legitimate reason” to be there will be sent away or face arrest, documents obtained by The Examiner show.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-6-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Yee-haw! Round em up Gestapos! heh

Welcome to the land of the free. I was reading a recent article where DC police were now going to be armed with AR-15 machine guns quite soon as well. All they need is a few of those raytheon protestor microwavers, and they will be set to stomp the dissenters into dust!

LMAO @ all the sheeples here who STILL bash me every time I bring up the movement toward a fascist Police state that is increasing on a daily basis...

This latest draconian move follows several other recent proposals from DC officials that seemed to look upon individual rights and privacy concerns as little more than afterthoughts.

After outrage from civil liberties and gun-rights groups, DC delayed implementation of one plan that would send police door-to-door in targeted neighborhoods to conduct warrantless searches looking for drugs or guns. The so-called "safe homes" initiative has not been called off, however, so the local ACLU chapter is holding training sessions to educate people of their rights.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Everything bad grows from DC. Cut down the plant! It's gonna spread everywhere.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
They sure are gearing themselves for martial law, economic downturn and protests. When the economy fully blows up, there will be massive protests.

Let's not forget the march on DC by the Ron Paul revolution soon. I think it's a big part of it.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
So they are going to test this on a "poor" neighborhood in DC? Hmm...

You would think they would of tested it on a "rich" neighborhood first and told the richies it was for the own protection.

This is a really gutsy move by the DC police force, I wonder if the neighborhood will stand for it.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

Well, they rejected their "random house searches" to take away civilians guns, so maybe there's hope! But this type of garbage seems to be status quo with these fascists...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Wow. "Papers please," much?

The article also mentions cctv possibly being placed around town like in Britain. Now Britain has cameras with speakers so that the police or whomever is doing the monitoring can speak directly to anyone they consider a wrong doer.

This article:
rawstory.com...
mentions Britain going further and researching microphones, lip reading technology and mobile, flying cameras.

It's only a matter of time before it finds it's way into DC and every other US city.

Sweden is about to pass a 'far-reaching wiretapping program'... and we've got the patriot act.

Where does it end? I'm not too far from DC. If those cameras start popping up around me, I'll be investing in paint ball equipment and going Enemy at the Gates on them.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by memoir
Wow. "Papers please," much?

The article also mentions cctv possibly being placed around town like in Britain. Now Britain has cameras with speakers so that the police or whomever is doing the monitoring can speak directly to anyone they consider a wrong doer.

Living as I do, right outside the DC area, I can tell you that they already have 5,000 cameras. At this point they are debating how to best employ these cameras.

It seems to me that there are 3 threads discussing this particular subject.

As I stated in another thread, this program, if it does decrease the violent crime, will end up being used as a precedent for the rest of the nation.

Yes, DD, the DC Army...I mean Police, are now carrying AR15s, and are awaiting mounts so that they can be carried inside the cruisers.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you.

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join