It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Going by what you said, "like 25 ounces of the stuff," of gold coins and bars, and gold prices of the time, the value would have been between $6400 & $7400. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this. But IMO, that's not something that you keep anywhere but under lock and key, not to mention in the posession of someone of your age at the time.
No offense.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
A friend of mine's entire savings is bulk gold. It's really funny too because, he keeps it in a safe, in a cloth sack with a dollar sign on it. Seriously, a bag with a dollar sign.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I said it was silver, and most of it wasn't so great anyways. But it was my silver, adn it was worth something.

DE

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Okie dokie, my mistake.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Don't worry about it. I'm still sore. What about gemstones? They seem like a good investment, since most people don't know anything about them. Our family was rather fond of them, but a lot of our stuff has been either stolen or sold over the years. We had a topaz about the size of my pinkie finger (brown). So...yeah.What about gemstones?

DE

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Take the money you would spend on gold coins and invest it in a gold dredge, metal detector and related gear. You can find your own gold, improve your health, and get the family involved in an outdoor hobby.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I do not keep my gold in banks, because when the s*h*i*t goes down, you will not be able to access it anymore. I bury my gold in ammo boxes in the desert.

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by groingrinder]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Went looking...it's hard to find loose gems for cheap.

Behold!

Buy cheap, sell expensive-like. Cheaper than silver, methinks. I saw topaz at 13.95$....

DE

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Don't worry about it. I'm still sore. What about gemstones? They seem like a good investment, since most people don't know anything about them. Our family was rather fond of them, but a lot of our stuff has been either stolen or sold over the years. We had a topaz about the size of my pinkie finger (brown). So...yeah.What about gemstones?

DE

Go to Devil's Head near Sedalia just outside of Denver, Colorado. I have several pounds of Topaz that I mined there. You can also mine Amazonstone and Tourmaline, and Smoky Quartz gemstones.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Excellent, but they're not cut, are they? Or is there a local place to have them cut? I know a lot of cheap gemstones that can be substituted fro expensive stuff... cubic zirconium in particular.

DE

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
None of my stuff is cut. One day I will learn faceting. Here is a map to the Devil's Head location.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
coins stink. not all of them are pure and not all of them will attract a buyer should the need arise. what you need is a gold brick and to start a collection of them

a simple 1 oz $416 gold brick which is ALWAYS comprised of .99999999 refined gold ore.

on top of that, the average dullard isn't always aware of the value of a gold bullion. they may think "wow it's so big" and give you a lot more for what it's worth much more easily than if you tried to sell them a coin with a picture of a panda or the Queen mother on it.

Coins that are minted at respectable outfits are always .999 pure. Silver Eagles are legal tender in the US, and throughout the world. Any serious silver coin/bar collector, and most banks worldwide, will know if a silver coin/bar is .999 pure or not.

Yesterday I just bought 5 more silver coins: Two 2004 Silver Eagles, one Chinese Panda, one Australian Horse coin, and one Australian Snake coin. Total came to $60.95 for all 5.

On the subject of gems, not too long ago I bought 1 pound of uncut emeralds and rubies, for $15.95. My daughter collects rocks, and we found some pretty decent stones in the bag. I've been researching how to cut and polish rough gems, and it is bit of a process. My next step is to ask a jeweler if he can do anything with what we have.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I the event of a war I plan to have huge hoards of 2 market commodities-- The 2 things that people in a crisis will trade anything for--Coffee and cigarettes, the 2 legal addictions.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I do not keep my gold in banks, because when the s*h*i*t goes down, you will not be able to access it anymore. I bury my gold in ammo boxes in the desert.

Originally posted by groingrinder

tell me what desert you bury the loot in and I think I might take your advice

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Did you guys realize, that every time NESARA is getting close, the gold prize raises straight upwards? I watch that phenomena for a longer time now...

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Silver is at a 16 year high!!

Go Silver!!

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Lookin good. Thanks for posting the chart, nath, I haven't been checking lately.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join