It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over U2U Quota, and still going

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
"You have 74 U2U's. Your quota is 50."

And I'm still getting more. Is this normal? I just wanna make sure it's not deducting my points without my knowledge or something.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It's normal, and I don't think it deducts points. It might start automatically deleting old u2us though.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
mine also said 74 or 75 u2u's and in fear of loosing something i went ahead and bought more for 250 pts. is there some malfunction ?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I have 83. I never paid much attention..when I deleted however it remained at 72. My points have been hard earned.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
You might be able to receive u2us even if you've reached your quota, but you'll likely not be able to send any u2us. The solution is to buy more quota (with points) or to delete old u2us. Remember to remove unneeded u2us from your outbox too.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It allows a "buffer", if you will, over the quota until you'll finally get a message stating that you've exceeded your limit. No harm, No foul, No points taken nor deducted.

My experience has been that it happens just about the time of an "important", multi-paragraph, lengthy U2U that Does not get sent and must be redone... once you've "purchased" moar U2U's.

Delete some or "purchase" More in advance would seem sound advice.

Just sayin'...

[edit: speeling]

[edit on 4-6-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Is there a limit to your quota? I think mine is at 1,500 or something.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Oops, that reminds me. I'll need to increase my quota soon...

You have 3362 total U2U's. Your quota is 3450

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

That's pretty ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
reply to post by Hellmutt

That's pretty ridiculous.

I thought I had a lot.

You have 1590 total U2U's. Your quota is 1450.

AAC

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Ridiculous? hardly...
"You have 6176 total U2U's. Your quota is 6850. "
... and that's after having emptied mah inbox a month or so back.

You have to understand that, as staff, it's typicaly best to retain U2Us for future reference, since all too often Some members will claim unwarranted actions and or Not having made certain comments or posts.

Fortunately, the few and far between who choose the cry of wolf often find themself with little mora than a menu of Crow... nothing but Crow

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I dumped some points into the u2u system a couple years ago so I wouldn't need to worry about saving messages I wanted to keep.

You have 831 total U2U's. Your quota is 2050.

I remember a post by Skeptic about a year or less ago that said any unsaved u2u messages would be deleted after 2 - 3 months. That applied to sent and received messages, and you needed to buy the extra storage space with your points and save messages or lose them permanently.
Perhaps someone has a link to that reference, I can't find it.

For the price of 250 points you can add 100 saved messages to your acct.
Spend a few points and save what you feel is important, or lose the older messages.

But as said, even if you're over the limit I can still send you a u2u.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Cool, thanks alot. I think i will purchase some more. I just thought it was odd that I was over quota with no penalty or anything. And yeah, i've still been able to send and recieve more. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Oops, that reminds me. I'll need to increase my quota soon...

I think the Mods should have unlimited u2u function because of the need to deal with all the messages sent by members with legitimate problems, plus all the pointless drivel that gets sent to you because of your position as a Mod.

Are you honestly telling me that a Mod needs to spend points to increase u2u storage space ?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
i think the actual 'quota' is an adjustable commodity and not a hard-&-fast absolute...

its weird, but, most every time i read the ATS messages in my in-box
my quota either remains the same or might even reverse to a higher number... i haven't kept an accurate accounting of what my U2U account
is actually doing---- but i have not as yet had to purchase any more U2Us
[but of course i;m deliberately not popular nor active in the small talk arena]
alas, i'm down to 10 U2U available from my original quota of 50m
so--i guess a time of reckoning is approaching

I will allow my quota to dwindle to Zero,
so as to see if when i open a administration mass U2U-- If that makes a U2U credit available to me ,as a sort of reward for opening & reading the U2U from the ATS administration

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

You have 80931 total U2U's. Your quota is 90050.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I saw that I was over today it said something like you have 350 u2u's and your quota is 250, so I deleted my outbox now I'm at 160 or something.

But it never stopped working, so it's all good.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
A couple months back I saved what I wanted and deleted what I didn't. That took quite a while.

Now it says You have 755 total U2U's. Your quota is 1550.

I think the calculations are messed up, because I have barely 200 saved, and zero in my inbox and outbox.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
My experience has been that it happens just about the time of an "important", multi-paragraph, lengthy U2U that Does not get sent and must be redone...

Tell me about it! Why doesn't it give you a prewarning? Such as: You only have 5 more U2U's available. I always get it after I've written a long drawn out message! Which of course is lost forever! You'd think I would learn but nooo...

Anyway, typically you will get double your alloted amount. In other words, you get two for ever one purchased.

new topics

top topics

join