It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO capturing another UFO? Can Someone Translate?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
thanks for that freeze frame!

My mind still has not been made either way.
I do find it curious however, that most of these balloons are released with many other balloons at festivals etc, yet these seem to be the only ones anywhere around...

and whats the point of releasing such a plane looking balloon... surely that wouldn't capture most people's attention.

anyway, thanks for all the comments so far.

I do questions why the supposed "banner" was parallel to the "balloon" (if thats what they are) in the first frames...
Seems that if it is windy enough to lift the banner to the balloon and then drop back down that the banner would have more motions to it... or even the balloon for that matter...

I'm still open on this one, and dont think, at this point at least, that these are balloons...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
for Barak's sake! can someone please stabilize that piece of crap video!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The balloon and banner explanation seems likely, but what banner is shaped like that? Looks more like a tethered hanglider being dragged along.
Is there any way of estimating the size of the objects to rule out regular party balloons?
Great footage, thanks for posting!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by meatballxl5

Not sure what the distance is, though he is on full zoom.

If you pause the video at around 1:13, then you can see that the green triangle (supposed banner) is actually diamond shaped!

I only just noticed this. it looks like 2 pyramids stacked on top of one another. even the shadows are correct. but that doesnt make sense later in the video bc the object changes shape.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
after pausing the video a bunch, I'm actually leaning toward the balloon theory.
If you take the last clip of the objects, after they have separated some, and then pause each frame, you can see that the pointy end of the balloon like object is always pointing towards the middle of the green object, almost as if a string was attached...
The first clips of the objects must have been taken from directly, or close to directly, underneath the objects.
As they move further away, more than likely being carried by the wind, you can make out the balloon shape better, and that the two could be connected by a string.
While I don't think the green object is a banner, it is something attached to the gray balloon.
If anyone cares to see what I'm talking about, I would recommend pausing each frame of the last clip. Just keep pressing pause then play then pause then play.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think they're mylar balloons. Someone had a birthday and let go of them.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Not that the guy who took the video will be on here, but his camera stability was actually very good for the zoom factor he had on. have you ever tried to get a video of anything at full zoom? And while we all try to be diligent and have a camera, we don't always have a tri-pod set up and pointed toward the target. As for what it is, they were stationary and metalic looking. Time for the graphic artist to check this one out.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
i would love to believe this real,but i think ballons,and by the way brazilians are known for decorative ballons like this,so thats my humble opinion.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

yeah I agree with you, the only weird thing is, these balloons arent decorative at all...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Well at that distance you can make anything of it, saying that are just balloons attached to each other could be a simple explanation but since we don't know how an alien vehicle's shape is, we are just guessing and guessing is not debunking. When something catches your attention in the sky it's because there's something that doesn't click, that's why some people take the time to get a video record of it, although I know that some of the videos showed in the internet are just missinterpreted common objects or nature events of some sort, it's hard for me to dismiss this one as quickly as some of the previous posters, but that's just me. Good find

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

1 Liners, when will they learn?

I dont see a built in tripod on that camera, and I am even willing to bet that that camera doesnt come free with a tripod..

Will everyone that owns a camera, digital or not, please appease people and go buy a tripod. No really, even if your not going to use it, or never will film a UFO, please go buy one and have your camera attached to it, so you do not miss the ufo as you are hunting and setting up your tripod! - really tho, I understand and I wont post 1 liners asking people to miss the event by looking/setting up thier tripod.

Thanks for the film OP, good stuff there, altho I too feel its a baloon with a cable pulling a kite of sorts..

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Having read this thread with interest, I am also inclined towards the Brazillian balloon plus banner theory. This video seems very close to the OP. It also appears undecorated and silvery until it comes closer.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Brazil doesn't speak spanish, it's a combination of spanish and french maybe portuguese.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Having read this thread with interest, I am also inclined towards the Brazillian balloon plus banner theory. This video seems very close to the OP. It also appears undecorated and silvery until it comes closer.

Sorry the video didn't appear. I hope it works this time. (I had to register to post this. Well about time. I've been "lurking" far too long)

I can't get 'embed' to work so here's the link: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Asil65

Welcome to ATS!
thanks for the video, I think this is it!

Looks almost identical

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
reply to post by Asil65

Welcome to ATS!
thanks for the video, I think this is it!

Looks almost identical

*sigh*

Looks like we have a winner. Though I would have very much liked for it to have been UFOs or xperimental craft. Nice find!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
heres a still

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
*sigh*

Looks like we have a winner. Though I would have very much liked for it to have been UFOs or xperimental craft. Nice find!

yeah, but at least we know for future reference if something like this comes up again.
We have denied ignorance one again!

ATS:1 / Hoaxers:2,341

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

I think not. Children look up at the sky a lot, much more than adults. Also, a child would most certainly take particular notice of crafts in the sky, as opposed to their adult counterparts who are used to airplanes and whatnot. To say a "normal person" would never notice something that high up is an unfortunate comment on the condition of the air in America. Damned chem-trails.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CommanderSinclair

No way is that a still photo from the video just above it! I checked it a few times and there's nothing in that (clear, obvious) balloon-launching that looks anything like the OP video... Not saying I'm convinced the original video is an anomaly, but there's nothing that's absolutely certain it's 2 balloons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join