It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Skeptics Confronted 9/11 Denialism

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seymour Butz
Then I'll delete my post.

I suggest you do the same.

No need to. I'm not ashamed of my name.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
it ain't about that.

there's plenty of wackos on my side too that might start contacting you.

i suggest you reconsider.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

So, you agree that a rough estimate isn't a full estimate? And therefore is basically useless?

Here's but 2 examples of a truther doing what he can with the info that's available.

These aren't useless, IMHO.

www.cool-places.0catch.com...

www.cool-places.0catch.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jthomas
I think Matt Taibbi said it best in his new book, "The Great Drangement"

"At its heart, 9/11 Truth is a conceit, a narcissistic pipe dream for a dingbat, sheeplike population that is pleased to imagine itself dangerous and ungovernable."

And yet I get accussed of name calling? That whole piece was one big name calling, childish IMO piece of crap.

Why do the "skeptics" have to lower themselves to name calling? Why can't they debate in a scientific manner?

You illustrated in this thread that you can't argue in a scientific manner. You just contradict yourself and don't like it pointed out to you. Why are you so surprised by an accurate description of the 9/11 Truth Movement?

And before my name calling is questioned, I said it was my opinion. So Matt can take his opinion and shove it up his ass. Because that's all it is.

No one is surprised that you are upset. You should learn why.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
As I pointed out before, and no one addresses:

It's also why you can't answer the question on the table: what are you all going to do next? Apparently, nothing.

You'll just continue to convince yourselves that you have something worth looking at, that inconvenient evidence is meaningless to you, and that you don't have to do anything except yell endlessly about it.

So, what actions are you all going to take?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Seymour Butz

I agree "useless" is an extreme word that I shouldn't use. Hell, I'm trying to put it together myself. If I really felt it was useless, why I would even bother. Cheers man.

BTW, I apologize for gettin mad and saying anything about your brother. I'm sure he's quite intellegent and a good engineer.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You illustrated in this thread that you can't argue in a scientific manner.

Really? Care to go head-to-head in the debate forum?

Why are you so surprised by an accurate description of the 9/11 Truth Movement?

Accurate? I wouldn't say so. But, as Seymour said there are crazies on his side, there also crazies on the truther side.

I myself try to keep in the middle no matter how you want to paint me with the "truther" brush.

No one is surprised that you are upset. You should learn why.

Yes, I AM upset. Because now days, it's ok to call for the murder of people like me. YOU SHOULD BE UPSET ALSO IF YOU GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THIS COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But no, you're more interested in stroking your ego on on-line forums.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jthomas

One, I'm going to not post in this point whore thread of yours anymore. Nice way of getting out of the negative points eh?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seymour Butz
1- ok, so you're saying that the jet fuel event in the shafts were explosions

What "jet fuel event in the shafts"? I've only been playing along in the past two or three posts on this thread to try to show you how stupid the idea is. If you still think I believe something actually went down the shafts to the basements, then this is truly an enormous waste of my time.

2- Like I said, anything can be twisted to fit your beliefs.

If this is the best you can offer me as a response, then you need to take a hard look in the mirror.

I'm leaving this thread to die, too. Everything that has been said in the past three or four pages sum up the entire thread perfectly and no more needs to be said. If you get it, you get it. If you don't, screw you. That's where I'm at.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

reply to post by jthomas

One, I'm going to not post in this point whore thread of yours anymore. Nice way of getting out of the negative points eh?

The question on the table for all of you Truthers is: "So, what actions are you all going to take?"

We see that no one is willing to put their money where their Truther mouths are.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Yes, I AM upset. Because now days, it's ok to call for the murder of people like me.

No, it's not ok to call for ANYBODY'S murder and has nothing to do with this topic.

YOU SHOULD BE UPSET ALSO IF YOU GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THIS COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You bet I am upset! I'm upset at those who chose to believe hopelessly irrational conspiracy theories about 9/11 and will NOT listen to reason. The energy you all put into nonsense could be directed to REAL problems in this country but you choose to be wrapped up in nonsensical beliefs.

Listen to this for a change: media.radiophonic.org.uk...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The question on the table for all of you Truthers is: "So, what actions are you all going to take?"

I don't know about anyone else but I'm not even trying to take any action. You know why? Because you and misguided others don't really need corrective "action," at least not from the likes of myself. There is already a train heading right for people like you, and there is nothing you can do to stop it, especially because you don't even see it. You will bring about your own solution when the time comes.

We see that no one is willing to put their money where their Truther mouths are.

Funny you should mention money. Pretty soon you won't even have food to put where your mouth is.

It's funny now, but just remember who told you. Remember that stupid "truther" bsbray11 from the ATS forums, that guy with his head so far up his ass that you are completely unable to show me anything conclusive from NIST. Remember what a moron I am, when you are starving, and I will not be. Hilarious, right? Let's both get a good laugh out of this one, for now. Maybe when the time comes it will finally knock some sharp sense into you: you don't live in the world that they tell you you do.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by bsbray11]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

The energy you all put into nonsense could be directed to REAL problems in this country but you choose to be wrapped up in nonsensical beliefs.

Says the person posting on a conspiracy site day-in and out.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   

The energy you all put into nonsense could be directed to REAL problems in this country but you choose to be wrapped up in nonsensical beliefs.

Says the person posting on a conspiracy site day-in and out.

Reminding you to join the real world of objective reality.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jthomas

Amazing logic is not knowing how buildings are constructed and how they are meant to operate under extreme conditions, the real truth is there is no way in hell those three towers could have collapsed by fire alone, have you re-viewed the collapse videos? Can you not recognise that those kinetic reactions were not caused by “weakened steel” as is the excuse for their collapse, it’s just ridiculous, please just look at the overhead picture of the towers after the collapses, how on earth building 7 (WTC7) could have been taken out by those towers is beyond consideration, even if you entertain the notion that WTC7 was ¼ damaged as the official report says that still is not an excuse to explain how the building totally collapsed without restriction as seen in the multiple videos available on YouTube/Google ect, it’s just impossible, buildings don’t just give up totally like that! Only controlled demolitions can replicate what is seen that day, all the “Official Commission Report” does is put a poor excuse to explain the actual event.

Just watch & read the PowerPoint presentation set up on the “Architects & Engineers for 911 Truth” website: www.ae911truth.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

If that's what you're trying to do, then why don't you post actual evidence? Like NIST's evidence, that you keep implying they have but won't share for the life of you? Are you afraid to tell us you don't know where it is?

Do you think posting smart-assed one-liners and insulting us is doing anything other than reinforcing what we already realize about you?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

If that's what you're trying to do, then why don't you post actual evidence? Like NIST's evidence, that you keep implying they have but won't share for the life of you? Are you afraid to tell us you don't know where it is?

Are you so lazy that you can't read the NIST report for yourself but have to depend on me to read it to you?

No wonder you're having such trouble.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by jthomas

Amazing logic is not knowing how buildings are constructed and how they are meant to operate under extreme conditions, the real truth is there is no way in hell those three towers could have collapsed by fire alone, have you re-viewed the collapse videos?

Gosh, another no-planer.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jthomas

I've already read it, and I contend it does not show any supporting evidence for their collapse initiation hypothesis (they didn't even analyze how the global collapses happened).

Still waiting for you to prove me wrong..... won't happen.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

This thread is good at showing just how hard it is to prove anything on either side. Taking that to the next step, why is the description we were all fed by our government and media so full of holes you can drive a monster truck through with engineers at the wheel?

Do "We the People" not at least question the secrecy and failures surrounding 911 and the Anthrax attacks that followed.

I been doing some recollecting, that while 911 was horrible, it was the anthrax scare that was portrayed as "Islamic Extremism" that really made me into a "vengeful American". The final "Psyop" to get everyone in line after the "Shock and Awe" events of 911.

I'll never forget the look on our regular Postman's face each day as he would do his job. I'll never forget my one and half year old son running to mail box each day as the Postman came up on the front porch to deliver the "what"? Death?

Most people could probably put 911 into the "oh thats horrible, but I don't fly or go to New York City" category. But anthrax through the mail, thats every last American who receives mail.

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join