5. Why was there insider trading right before 9/11, on the airlines used in the attacks?
There were put options placed on both airlines that is true. However, if you bother to research the issue, the options placed the first-second week
of September of 2001 were not the only times options were placed that year, nor were the total options placed the highest for that year. Further
research would show you that BOTH airlines had made quite a few press releases in August/early September about poor performance. IF you were an
options trader, you would have been silly NOT to place options on the airlines in August/early September.
6. Why, in the first time United States history, were the Generals not in charge of NORAD on 9/11?
This is not even a internet rumor, it is an internet LIE. The generals in charge of NORAD were still there on 9/11 doing their jobs.
7. Why was command of NORAD given to Cheney, Rumsfeld, and/or Bush
Here we go with yet another internet falsehood. Cheney was never in "command" of NORAD, neither were Rumsfeld or Bush except as in their roles as
SecDef and Commander-in-chief.
However, this press release is part of what gave rise to this falsehood.
This statement of the President speaks about establishing the Office of National Preparedness, under the auspices of FEMA. The office was charged
with coordinating various government agencies in their responses to WMD attacks. Nowhere in the document is NORAD mentioned. In addtion there is
The ONP has as its mission the task of providing “…leadership in the coordination and facilitation of all federal efforts to assist state and
local emergency management and emergency response organizations with planning, training, equipment and exercises necessary to build and sustain
capability to respond to any emergency or disaster. In carrying out this mission statement, the ONP is focusing on three general areas that include
equipping first responders, improving coordination, and increased accountability of the agencies involved. Each of these areas represents an important
key in the nation’s ability to respond, and the ONP is working to develop an initiative to address each of these concerns.
Once again, nowhere is NORAD mentioned and in no case is the Vice President put in command of NORAD.
8. Why did NORAD not respond when four airliners were hijacked, especially considering there were 40 minutes in between knowing an airliner was
hijacked and when it crashed?
No, NORAD was responding. In keeping with procedures, the jets that launched in response proceded to their assigned ADIZ zones.....off the East
9. Why did Dick Cheney tell NORAD to stand down when a plane was headed to the Pentagon?
NORAD never "stands down", its another falsehood.
10. Why was Mohammad Atta seen in Florida the day before 9/11, yet we are told he was in Portland Maine?
This ranks up there with I saw Elvis the other day.
11. How was Mohammad Atta and his 3 buddies allowed to fly on 9/11, the days leading up to 9/11, and even after 9/11 (Atta, and maybe others, had
plane tickets for future flights after 9/11), while they were known to be terrorists and on the Able Danger list?
Get back to the posts about federal laws preventing agencies from sharing information.
15. Why are their hundreds of eye-witness reports of explosions before the plane hit, after the plane hit, before the tower collapsed, before the
Where are the valid reports of explosions prior to the jets hitting? As for after the planes hit, do you have any clue how many items that you find
in office buildings will explode in the presence of heat/fire? Aerosols, cleaning fluids, certain copier fluids, gas lines, oxygen tanks in first aid
rooms etc....all of them when subjected to heat/fire, will explode and you will hear "BOOM". Not to mention the bank of UPS in the one tower, ever
wonder why your batteries say keep out of heat/direct flame???? Somehow, there is this mistaken belief that only explosives can cause explosions.
16. Why are there witness reports of bombs going off in the basement of the WTC?
Did anyone actually see a bomb go off...or maybe were they hearing the noises from the impacts travelling the elevator shafts?