It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Catch 22 in U.S. History

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
No I meant I won't stand behind the President any longer when he says we're going to war because of oil. And no I'm not in the military. So if they try and draft me I'll do my damnest to refuse. I have the right to choose if I beilieve in my cause.

When has he ever claimed oil as the main reason for going to war? I must have missed that news conference.

Good Luck trying to avoid the draft, I hope you like Canada.

BTW what is your cause?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
Man Bush needs to stop this now! I'm not going to war just because of oil. That is so stupid. Of course, low and behold, the Bush Administration isn't going to tell you that. They'll deny ignorance as usual.

You are not going to war, huh? Does this mean that you are already in the military?

I was in the Gulf War and I agree with Mrmulder. I am opposed to empire. We don't need it. It's only fueled by greed and laziness.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I was in the Gulf War and I agree with Mrmulder. I am opposed to empire. We don't need it. It's only fueled by greed and laziness.

What did you do in the Gulf War?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'd definitely fight for my country, tho; given a REAL threat. Didn't want you to think otherwise Cool Hand.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

What did you do in the Gulf War?

I was in a HUEY helicopter unit stationed out of the 101st Airborne Division, Ft. Campbell, KY.

You in?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Yep, makes me wonder why you are disagreeing with me on the other topic..

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

No I meant I won't stand behind the President any longer when he says we're going to war because of oil. And no I'm not in the military. So if they try and draft me I'll do my damnest to refuse. I have the right to choose if I beilieve in my cause.

When has he ever claimed oil as the main reason for going to war? I must have missed that news conference.

Good Luck trying to avoid the draft, I hope you like Canada.

BTW what is your cause?

He didn't but we know that's the reason. He'll never come out and say that. We're too smart for him. My cause is to make sure the NWO never takes place and I'm not going to be part of it. I'm not going to be a slave either to a greedy government.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
He didn't but we know that's the reason. He'll never come out and say that. We're too smart for him. My cause is to make sure the NWO never takes place and I'm not going to be part of it. I'm not going to be a slave either to a greedy government.

Aren't you already, since you live in the US?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Just a question.
What would happen to the oil producing countries in the Middle East and elsewhere in the developing world if the West did use a different power source?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Aren't you already, since you live in the US?

I'm talking about the kind of slavery where you don't have the freedom of speech, religion or to vote. Where you either joing the NWO or die. "Resist or Serve." That's not here yet but I can see it's coming.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Just a question.
What would happen to the oil producing countries in the Middle East and elsewhere in the developing world if the West did use a different power source?

Well, take Saudi Arabia for example, if it weren't for the oil they sell, it would be a complete desolate wasteland. They have no other export really to sustain an economy. The majority of its inhabitants are jobless right now as it is.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Here's what Chavez has to say:

Chavez Calls Bush 'Asshole' as Foes Fight Troops
Reuters

Sunday 29 February 2004

CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez called President Bush an "asshole" on Sunday for meddling, and vowed never to quit office like his Haitian counterpart as troops battled with opposition protesters demanding a recall referendum against him.

Chavez, who often says the U.S. is backing opposition efforts to topple his leftist government, accused Bush of heeding advice from "imperialist" aides to support a brief 2002 coup against him.

www.truthout.org...

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Hugo Chavez is talking war now. The Bush administration needs to pull its head outta its arse and quit messing around with Venezuela. They are the USA's fourth largest supplier of oil. What are we gonna do, go down and invade? That's insane

Invade us and it's no more oil, Chavez tells US
March 9, 2004

Venezuela's President, Hugo Chavez, has vowed to freeze oil exports to the US and wage a "100-year war" if Washington ever tried to invade his country.

The US has repeatedly denied ever trying to overthrow Mr Chavez, but the leftist leader has accused Washington of being behind a failed 2002 coup and of funding opposition groups now seeking a recall referendum on his presidency. US officials say Washington supports peaceful elections in Venezuela.

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Hugo Chavez is talking war now. The Bush administration needs to pull its head outta its arse and quit messing around with Venezuela. They are the USA's fourth largest supplier of oil. What are we gonna do, go down and invade? That's insane

Who cares if they are the 4th largest supplier? We can get it somewhere else. If we stop buying from them then they have to find a new buyer. Since it will probably be further away, then that will mean it costs more to transport it.

Either way Venezuela will loose money. Chavez is just trying to get some attention. Nothing more will come out of it.

Besides, it wouldn't take much to roll over the country if we did decide to invade.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Just a question.

Exactly!!!!!!!!! The best possible outcome! With the west no longer needing the middle east and having to kiss ass or play political games there, the middle east would be faced with a serious dilema: pull thier heads out of the dark age ass they have been buried in, or join the modern world. They would have to suddenly embrace the "evils" of modern tech to support themselves, without thier oil, where would thier money come from to support the extremists, terrorists,m or even buy western tech nd weapons to blow each other away. They suddenly would lsoe signifigance.

Thus, by America seeking alternate fuel and energy sources that can be created at home, we not only protect ourselves and save our environment, but we bury the ratbag enemies that have plauged us for so long.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Cool Hand:
Who cares if they are the 4th largest supplier? We can get it somewhere else.

ECK: And where might that be, Einstein?

If we stop buying from them then they have to find a new buyer. Since it will probably be further away, then that will mean it costs more to transport it.

ECK: We need their oil far more than they need our buying it. I mean that statement is simply laughable. Given China much thought lately?

Either way Venezuela will loose money. Chavez is just trying to get some attention. Nothing more will come out of it.

ECK: Lose money? LOL If I were you I'd do a little research into petro politics. Attention? That is such a USA-centric, racist attitude. Plain arrogant.

Besides, it wouldn't take much to roll over the country if we did decide to invade.

ECK: Oh yeah, who cares? Let's just go steamroll another poor country who won't play ball. And just who might you send down there, Cool Hand? Here's a hint junior, you'd have to re-instate the draft. Go for it. See what happens. That'd go over REAL big.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Cool Hand:
Who cares if they are the 4th largest supplier? We can get it somewhere else.

ECK: And where might that be, Einstein?

Umm, other south american countries? The middle east? Alaska? Last time I checked there was oil all over the world.

If we stop buying from them then they have to find a new buyer. Since it will probably be further away, then that will mean it costs more to transport it.

ECK: We need their oil far more than they need our buying it. I mean that statement is simply laughable. Given China much thought lately?

Yeah, do you think China will pay the costs to transport it to their country? Well, do you?

ECK: Lose money? LOL If I were you I'd do a little research into petro politics. Attention? That is such a USA-centric, racist attitude. Plain arrogant.

No, it is just how it is. If it wasn't for this he would get no attention to him or his lame causes.

ECK: Oh yeah, who cares? Let's just go steamroll another poor country who won't play ball. And just who might you send down there, Cool Hand? Here's a hint junior, you'd have to re-instate the draft. Go for it. See what happens. That'd go over REAL big.

Why would we have to reinstate the draft? We could just send a couple of cruise missiles down there and the problem would be solved.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Um, cruise Missile, CoolHand? You mean a NUKE? Like ECK said, yeah, that will go over big.

Get it through your head: going around blowing up countries cuz they wont do what we tell them is slow suicidal policy for the US.

And yes, China WOULD pay the costs of transporting oil to thier country, because thier economy is growing considerably.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Um, cruise Missile, CoolHand? You mean a NUKE? Like ECK said, yeah, that will go over big.

I never said anything about a nuke! Where do you people get some of this stuff?

We do have conventional warheads on our cruise missiles (in case you forgot).

Get it through your head: going around blowing up countries cuz they wont do what we tell them is slow suicidal policy for the US.

I am not saying that we blow that country up for not doing what we said. Had any of you read my intial post on the article you would have gathered that. But, as I am beginning to realize, no one checks stuff like that.

I was merely making a point that it was foolish for that moron to threaten us.

And yes, China WOULD pay the costs of transporting oil to thier country, because thier economy is growing considerably.

Do you have any proof of that? If so I would love to read it. If not, then stop putting out crap.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hugo Chavez has threatened the US? With what? An Embargo? This is justification for a strike?

Conventional warheads on a cruise missile are gonna do...........what? Hit a couple of govornment buildings? In case u havent heard, venezuala doesnt have much in the line of military or serious infrastructure.

If anything, Chavez made a WARNING, not a threat, to the US, against trying anything stupid. It is the US that has made the threats against venezuala.

And yes, China's economy IS growing rapidly. Punch in Chinese economy into this site search engine, youll see more articles than you can shake a stick at.

But for starters:

english.peopledaily.com.cn...

Thier economy is growing faster than ours, thanks to American investors and businessmen pouring loads in to thier economy, devloping factories and business, increasing Chinas exports and income. Growing economy means growing need for fuel.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join