It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile phones expose human habits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Mobile phones expose human habits

news.bbc.co.uk

The whereabouts of more than 100,000 mobile phone users have been tracked in an attempt to build a comprehensive picture of human movements.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Is nothing private anymore.
We'll all be fitted with tracking devices next.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I had a cell phone for 6 months in the year 2000. I lost it, and have never bought another. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Why would they need to spend money on tracking devices for everyone? You pay for it monthly. You carry the tracking device, as the subject of your thread points out.
Really, if you think about it, there are many many hypothetical tracking devices forced upon us. Banking, SS#s, phone records, utility bills, internet stuff, geez...the list goes on. It is harder to think of ways to survive in the modern world while also trying to stay off the grid. I don't think you can have it both ways.
Me, it doesn't matter, I have nothing to hide from anyone, but of course it cramps a persons life style and is intrusive at times.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
there is NO need for tracking devices beyond a cell phone.

I don't have one as I LIKE checking my messages off my telephone answering machine when I so choose and I never liked the idea at being at the beck and call of anyone who felt like calling me.

All the fancy commercials showing HOW COOL a cell phone is to have is nothing more than a ploy at tracking and being able to locate a person.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
My mobile phone which is in my own name very rarely leaves my house. However I have a payasyougo mobile which is not in my name! Problem sorted.

Get a PayAsYouGo and register it with a different name.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Digital Age => Big Brother State

I tremble for future generations when they read stuff like this and view as normal.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Mobilephone = the most unessecary device invented. No consumer ever wanted them or asked for them. Now everybody wants them, can't live without. A star lesson in creating an artificial need.

And THEY had to create that need, because it is the most valuable survialance device ever inventet.

THEY = Big Brother/NWO

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
OK,
So you want to know what you're mobile phone can really do?

*snip*

The possible functions will scare all the uninitiated.

[mod-note]
Terms And Conditions Of Use

4) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites on ATS within posts...

[edit on 4/6/2008 by khunmoon]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
My phone isn't in my name. But I do occasionally flip off the camera and say things in to the voice piece purely for my own entertainment.

I feel sorry for those that think they cannot see you through your camera and hear you through your voice piece on your cell phone. It is not paranoia. Its just how the available technology works.

Maybe they don't use that capability on every phone. Maybe they haven't bugged every phone. But the ability to listen, to see and to track is there.

Enjoy it and give a big middle finger to them when you get the chance.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon
Mobilephone = the most unessecary device invented. No consumer ever wanted them or asked for them. Now everybody wants them, can't live without. A star lesson in creating an artificial need.

And THEY had to create that need, because it is the most valuable survialance device ever inventet.

THEY = Big Brother/NWO

You Sir get my vote for 100% on the button post this year.

I rememebr the first 'yuppie' phone. Every one said 'no way will it be useful. Then governments used them for Police officers. The dual assault of we use them, you need them began in earnest and forever more your tracking device got smaller and smaller and you came to love the bars of your prison.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I have never owned a cell phone(44 years old)
(i did purchase 3 for my gf`s teenage kids but they lasted all
of a couple weeks before she saw the mess in that...lol..bills up the bumm)

I keep the wireless on my laptop deactivated at all
times.
and i only use hard wired lines and no wireless handsets...(at home)
and no tv..... except the odd movie.

anyway to unplug from the system is a good thing.
track us like cattle,,,, mooooooooooooo

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Cell phones? Psh. Quite possibly one of the biggest wastes of money and life this planet has known. Countless tons of plastic, heavy metals, and chemicals, discarded each year from "obsolete" models being trashed. Encouragement of a traceable society, furthered by facebook and/or myspace integration. Huge sums of money. Governmental ability to listen in. And let's not forget the absurd health hazard posed by people, even children and adolescents, radiating their frigging brains with these devices all the time. I don't own a cell phone, and I refuse to use one (same for cordless phones or WiFi) unless it's a dire emergency. Oh, and did I ask for so many spaces to have microwave towers put up so that people can maintain their precious and generally pointless social network of talk anywhere mobile fun?

Some people are already in trouble - they just don't know it yet. Anyone here who may be interested in the biological reasons that cell phones are simply not worth it, should check out:

www.powerwatch.org.uk...
www.microwavenews.com...
www.safewireless.org...

...and take it from there. Seriously, one of the biggest shams in history. Don't use one, stay safe, educate people - some will listen, some will fall.

Peace

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Blah.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by Cadbury]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
what annoys me are those sheep who bleat

"if you have nothing to hide what are you worried about"

sorry what

a) what right has anyone to monitor my movements
b) why should I trust my details in the hands of such agencies

Our freedom should be the starting point, any encroachment needs MASSIVE justification on the person trying to use/get the information, not the other way around

Some of these people deserve to liver under a Stalin or Hitler

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
In my case I have to carry a mobile phone for work purposes and it is a constant tool towards my income. I personally call the thing my "electronic leash". But that sentiment has nothing to do with Big Brother. It has everything to do with the fact that my clients know they can reach me at any and all hours because of it.

In terms of worrying about being tracked because of my phone my thought is honestly that there are so many phones out there to track I simply don't see a reason why mine would stand out. I don't see myself as being worthy of the Governments scrutiny at this point.

Not to mention the sheer logistics that would be involved in there being almost any level of scrutiny for every single cell phone in existence. There are simply too many of them in use.

So. As long as it pays me to use mine, and I don't have any reason to think of myself as a target, I won't worry about things like this.

Besides, how else would I entertain my text message addiction? It's so much easier than actually having to talk to people who prattle on and on and on.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I must admit that I saw no need for a mobile phone until 8 years ago when my husband was involved in a very bad accident. He is now disabled. Needless to say, I need to be contactable at all times in case of emergency and therefore bought us each a mobile phone. The other thing I like about a mobile is that, if I don't recognise the number or if I don't want to speak to the person calling, I simply don't answer - I don't have this facility on my landline.
Also, due to the fact that you can be tracked (or rather your mobile can be tracked), should anything happen to me (an accident, mugging, or whatever) and I don't come home, the police can at least find out where I am so they can help.
I know, I know, I've fallen into the trap.

top topics

join