It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says goal 'to eliminate' Iran threat

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Big talk from a little man looking to get elected. He hasn't got the ba8lls to attack Iran. No American leader wants to take that risk. Why? Because there is a big chance that Iran has already got the Nucular bombs up an running, if that is the case, they will attack with them, for they are nearly as #ed up as the American Leaders. Although, I don't think they quite got there yet, maybe when they kill 3000 of their own people in a few towers they will be.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by centurion1211

OH GOD HE'S CALLING FOR THE DESTRUCTION OF ALL PERSIANS!!!!1111eleventy!11

Seriously, if Ahmadinejad said that he wanted to eliminate the threat from the US, Fox News would be up in arms saying he wants to nuke DC.

As it is, it seems Obama wants to eliminate the threat, and the threat only, by using diplomacy. Which is exactly what the entire world, Iran included, wants.

For the second or third time, now - read it again. He says that the military option is still on the table and will defend Israel at all costs. That's been called "gunboat diplomacy" or "cowboy diplomacy" in the past by the left.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

yeah...but it'll be called a necessary conflict if Obama does it

but the rebpulicans will have a field day.

It doesnt matter where you invade, or who invades, it'll always be remembered as a "pointless" war by those on the opposite end of the partisan spectrum, and a "necessary" evil on the other side.

I say we just let them battle amongst theirselves for a while, and go back to 0.99 cent gasoline

One thing that scares me for today's kids is i keep hearing on the radio all of these ads from the government reminding kids that its the law to sign up for the draft.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Obama's future policy...of eliminating the Iran threat...
leaves the door wide open to act through 'talks or diplomacy' or
to once again act unilaterally, like the last 5 years in Iraq in which the U.S. is steadily acting like a colonizing power (review the current "Security Agreement" the USA is forcing on the fledgling governmant of Iraq)

Obama talks a good game, and leads people to believe he will be different... Oh he'll be different but not in substance, just in spin and rhetoric (imho)

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Why immediately after he becomes the nominee does Obama and Clinton and Pelosi for that matter go and pay lip service to AIPAC? This is a special interest group for a foreign country why are they the first to hear from these people after the nominee is appointed? Why not the American trade unions which represent the American people?

I don't understand the ridiculous amount of power that the Isralei Lobby have. I know America supports Israel in everything they do including it
's illegal activities, but why? And why do none of the nominees even if they feel it is right dare to criticize Israel at all? There aren't that many Jews in America to have a bearing on the General election....Somebody tell me what the hell is going on

link   
Why immediately after he becomes the nominee does Obama and Clinton and Pelosi for that matter go and pay lip service to AIPAC? This is a special interest group for a foreign country why are they the first to hear from these people after the nominee is appointed? Why not the American trade unions which represent the American people?

I don't understand the ridiculous amount of power that the Isralei Lobby have. I know America supports Israel in everything they do including it
's illegal activities, but why? And why do none of the nominees even if they feel it is right dare to criticize Israel at all? There aren't that many Jews in America to have a bearing on the General election....Somebody tell me what the hell is going on

link   

Where is the Palestinian lobby?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
#, sorry for the triple post

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

I suspect a major component of the answer to your question regarding the lobby is:..... MONEY.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Let me just say that I, as an American, am infinitely amused anytime a non-American starts to tell me what the "American people" want. Had you made your little statement under the guise of "The Canadian people want the following from America..." then by all means, I defer to your Canadian judgement where Canadians are concerned. But your lack of knowledge about the American people came through loud and clear with your very first statement "The American people are sick and tired of being labeled evil" There may be some in this country of mine that give a damn what label the rest of the world decides to place on them, but I think I'm safe in saying the majority of Americans could not care less what Iran, France, Germany, or basically anyone else thinks about us. Your statement about us losing money is, however, accurate. The rest of the world can think I'm the walking personification of Lucifer for all I care, as long as my wallet is full and my bank account healthy their opinions are as usefull to me as an air conditioner at the South pole.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
[edit on 5-6-2008 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I don't think it as simple as money. It is more important for these groups to have access to the policy makers. As alot of the leaders in America are of Jewish descent or and are firm supporters of Israel clearly helps. The unconditional support helps no one, Israel, U.S or the Middle East.

I wish the E.U would take a step away from the U.S as it clearly has a different view on the Israli Palastinian issue.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

I didn't mean to imply that it was ONLY money. However, when it comes to American politics, money talks..., everything else is just window dressing. It is not a matter of how money will endear a US policy-maker to support Israeli initiatives, it's how for the most part, money will endear a US politician to ANYTHING.

Of course, this is a generalization. And it is clear to anyone paying attention that the lobby has power to influence this nations policy unlike any lobby ever to have existed. Reform might address this, but all those in a position to do so are somehow 'beholden' or 'committed' to this lobby. Money is the key.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

So, if Obama truly means what he has said, how does the left continue to support him when they want peace at any price?

Hey Centurion,
I think the left and right want peace, they just have different opinions on how to achieve it. Obama's tough talk is due to his apparent nomination as the Democratic candidate. He's trying to win over those swing conservative liberals or liberal conservatives or whatever you call them!

I think Obama is smart enough to learn from Bush's mistakes in one regard: Americans (like all humans) thrive on victory. Bush had a lot of war support (here on US soil) until the years lagged on in Iraq, with no end in sight. I think Obama would choose his fights very carefully... think more like quick jabs ala Clinton ordering the cruise missiles to be fired. Basically any conflict where a clear winning strategy could be achieved within his tenure.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

It tells me what I've always suspected...That the president is irrelevent concerning major national defence decisions. There are larger forces.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Iran doeesn't have nuclear weapons...its is faaar more capable with defending itself...more than Americans think.But in the end,they have seen what America/Britain did to iraq,they are scared,they are a proud nation with the richest culture in all of the ME,they have remained Aryan for a long time and *apart* from arabs.They have never threatened a country in modern history,this is a joke and obama is a joke.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Lethil]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Does anyone think this may be double speak? Don't Obama and company (Farakhan, etc) believe that the black people are Israel? That they were the original "hebrews" and that Israel, Jerusalem and the Temple is their inheritance? There's a name for this but I don't recall off the top of my head, what it is. But he could feasibly say "I wlll defend Israel" and not mean the current occupants of Israel.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

We need to remember that the U.S. government is ran by Jews.
If you want to have any hope of winning the presidency, you must show your support for Israel or forget about it.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast
Russia stopped being Americas competitor 18 years ago.

When it in my opinion was already long in a league of it's own.

Do not tell me you subscribe to the same ill informed diatribe as Stellar, he has been proven wrong by me, as well as others, countless times.

What diatribe and how does one subcribe to diatribes? As far me being proven wrong that's not so hard to do as unlike 95% of the people on the forum i do my best to admit mistakes as i find them or as they are pointed out to me by others. When you start admitting the massive gaps in your own knowledge you may start pointing fingers but until then i will be more than happy to just refer people back to your past discussions...

Stellar

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX

Originally posted by West Coast
Russia stopped being Americas competitor 18 years ago.

When it in my opinion was already long in a league of it's own.
Stellar

Which league?

Little League?

Bush league?

League of countries defeated in Afghanistan?

League of defeated super-powers?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join