It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says goal 'to eliminate' Iran threat

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I can not get the role of presidents in this nation and specially candidates to president, this people needs to understand that their only duty is to kiss up the American people butts, not the Israeli lobbyist groups.

What is wrong with this candidates, are they forgetting this is America no Israel?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You see, the president of the US can't be a pacifist. But he can't be a warmonger either. Eliminating a threat doesn't mean the destruction of entire societies, it means removing the threat by which ever means are needed. The problem is, Iran's government has a histrionic need, and they feed it by threatening Israel, the United States, and Europe, The current leadership in the US is feeding this as well, as Iran's leadership draws from anti-American sentiment in the region resulting from Bush policies. Iran is pursuing nuclear capabilities, and with their stance on Israel there's not telling if one of these fundy Islamic government leaders will get a wild hair up their ass and start World War 3.

You can't take any options of the table EVER. And he never said he would. The United States has an obligation routed in the Constitution to protect itself and its allies.

This just goes to show how little people listen and observe the things that are going on.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by projectvxn]

link   
reply to post by cashlink

You are under the impression that writing to your congressman will actually do something? We all know it won't. the future is set before any of us even has a chance to try and get our pretend "Representatives" to do anyhting to change it.

link   
reply to post by Equinox99

In my opinion though -

To eliminate someone who's hell bent on genocide and destruction is the definition of a hero

Iran wants to destroy Israel because, as their president has already made it abundantly clear, he hates Jews

Im not saying invasion of Iran is the answer, i just think you may have mixed up your statement a little bit (just one humble persons opinion, however)

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Yes. As I said, I have no doubt he would use "teeth" if he felt it necessary. It's just that that's not his first choice.

Originally posted by Equinox99
Hold on so when the Iranian leader says the Zionist regime will disappear people claim he is a monster, but when a US leader says he will eliminate the Iran threat he is a hero? Makes no sense to me.

Firstly, I never claimed the Iranian leader was a monster. So that doesn't apply to me. You'll have to speak to those who hold that opinion.

And secondly, when Obama claims he will eliminate the threat posed by Iran (if there is one) by first using aggressive diplomacy and being willing to use military force if necessary, then yeah, he's pretty much a hero to me.

Is there a problem with that?

Yes there is a BIG problem with that. The American people are sick and tired of being labeled evil, they are tired of losing money on a lose-lose war, they are tired of being ripped off by the government who funds companies like Halliburton, CACI, KBR and other companies that overcharge the government, they are tired of not being listened to and you still want to go to war with Iran? Good for you but how much longer can your country go on without being listened to by their leaders?

The American people do not matter to congress nor do they matter for the president all that matters is their lobbyists. Why do you think Halliburton gets all the contracts? Why do you think Blackwater gets let off when they murdered those innocent people in Iraq? If you do not know then please do not argue about the Iran war because you will lose a lot of money.

Did you know Halliburton charges $99 to wash one bag of laundry? Most of the soldiers complain that the close feel better dirty then when they wash them. They have no choice but to let them wash them, they get in trouble for washing their own laundry.

The soldiers are being neglected and the war with Iran will be lost by both sides. You might not care about the American soldiers but I sure do. I am Canadian and I care more about your soldiers survival then you do. What a shame...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Just as you are seeing Barak Obama attempting to rally support by appearing assertive, you will find Mahmoud Ahmadinejad doing the very same thing.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's words are none other than propaganda. Iran is neither willing, nor ready to take an offensive stance against anyone... their military is developed to be a defensive one, intended to defend the country, not designed to lead an offensive assault.

Given this, we can rest assured that Iran is NOT a serious threat to the region.

During the early weeks of the US led invasion of Iraq, Iran offered their assistance. Yes, Iran wanted to help the US weed out terrorists. Their requests to assist the US were largely ignored by the US, no prominent reasons were given for ignoring their assistance.

Iran is just as dead set against terrorism as the Israelis are. The issue being that Iran is not a current ally of either the US nor Israel.

Regardless of their determination against terrorists, the US continued to accuse them of harboring and assisting terrorists.

False reports of Iran arming Al-Qaeda members were created some months ago, and have recently been proven to be forgeries by US generals themselves.

Iran is maintaining a defensive stance. Understandably, as the US and Israel continue to push for excuses to attack Iran.
In return, Iran has stated on numerous occasions that any attack against Iran would not go unpunished. Every nation has the right to defend itself, Iran is no exception.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's comments in recent times regarding the future of Israel are clearly personal opinions, nothing more. They are in no way to be taken as a threat.

Even I make assumptions based on world affairs.
In the case of Israel collapsing as a result of the recent wars in the Middle East, it's a very likely scenario. They've developed allot of enemies so far, and it's unlikely they won't face some form of blow back for their actions.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is simply stating this, just as I have. It's an opinion, not a threat.

As for their Nuclear Generator advancements. I haven't seen a shred of evidence that their intent is to branch the technology to nuclear weapons. All mentions of nuclear weapons in regard to Iran have been statements of propaganda, and have never contained credible evidence.
However, even if they were to develop nuclear weapons in the future, it does not make them a threat. Nuclear weapons are a deterrent. It may just bring some form of peace to the region in the form of a stalemate.

Iran has historically maintained a stance of "don't hit us, we won't hit you".
I have seen no reason to believe that stance has nor will change.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
What is wrong with this candidates, are they forgetting this is America no Israel?

It's hard to tell when the score card has so many dual citizens on it!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by QBert

Wake up from your slumber sleep. Do you not see what is happening to the American people? They are being fed this load of crap to go to war with Iran.
Do you not remember the same propaganda before the war with Afghanistan and Iraq? Well if you do not I certainly remember. They said the exact same thing. Afghanistan was about Al Qaeda? That is good. Iraq was about WMD's? to remove Saddam and give people democracy? No, it was about setting up their military for Iran. I told my friends as soon as the war on Iraq was declared that we would go to war with Iran.

Maybe you do not see how your people are suffering because their sons and daughters are coming home in body bags but I see it.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Yes there is a BIG problem with that. The American people are sick and tired of being labeled evil, they are tired of losing money on a lose-lose war, they are tired of being ripped off by the government who funds companies like Halliburton, CACI, KBR and other companies that overcharge the government, they are tired of not being listened to and you still want to go to war with Iran?

Dude, you're preaching to the choir, here. I think you have misunderstood my position.
Where did I say I wanted to go to war with Iran?

I agree with everything you said in your post EXCEPT that I want to go to war with Iran. I do NOT want a war with Iran. I have spoken against it many times.

Read carefully: I don't happen to think Iran is a threat, but IF there is a threat there, it will be discovered and dealt with, hopefully by diplomacy. If diplomacy doesn't work, and a threat is REALLY imminent, the military may have to be used, but that will be a LAST resort. Not the first resort as it was with Bush.

You have clearly misunderstood my position.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You must understand that I am sick and tired of people claiming Iran is a threat because Israel says so. If Iran is a threat to Israel then Israel should deal with it not the US. Israel has more then enough money, weapons and troops to deal with their own problems. If you go to war with Iran then people will claim Iranians are monsters because the US troops are coming home in body bags.

The real monsters are the companies that lobby for war, and war profiteers.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Equinox99]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
ITS OFFICIAL X 1000.

Obama is a Terrorist/Elitist Puppet.
me...I have so much love and I`m not one to hate anybody...
....BUT....these Elitist Scumbags have me(and billions of others around the world) so damn angry that it is just crazy.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hey Obama.
What about the goal to eliminate the ELITE POWER STRUCTURE?????

how about addressing the REAL CRIMINALS

The ROTHCHILDS
ROCKEFELLERS
LEEHMAN
MURDOCK
WARBURG
J.P MORGAN
ECT ,ECT ,ECT .

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Obama`s slogan is " CHANGE"
omg I`m going to pee myself laughing........

change? what a crock of poop
poop
poop
poop
poop
poop.... smells huh?... I know it does....REALLY BAD.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Wow. You certainly are at one with your convictions. Maybe you should take a much less harsh approach to telling someone how you feel.

I was telling you how i look at it, and you lash back with a vengence

Did you even read the part that i said

Im not saying invasion of Iran is the answer

I was giving you my defition of a hero.
If im wrong, then what is the definition of a hero?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
IMO Obama's finest hour was last night - and it's already over. From now on he will be torn to shreds as he is forced to continually explain past mistakes while he compounds his problems by committing new errors.

Most telling, however, will be what happens whe he is forced to actually take a position on the myriad issues that confront the U.S. He's gotten a total pass on that so far.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
And I have no doubt that Obama has fangs and would use them if necessary.

Yea he is gonna stick those fangs into my wallet and suck out the money.

Seriously, Obama is just spewing more flowery words that his audience wants to hear.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You must understand that I am sick and tired of people claiming Iran is a threat because Israel says so. If Iran is a threat to Israel then Israel should deal with it not the US. Israel has more then enough money, weapons and troops to deal with their own problems. If you go to war with Iran then people will claim Iranians are monsters because the US troops are coming home in body bags.

Iran isnt a threat becase Israel says so. Iran is a threat because its president preaches anti-semetic tendencies towards the jews. Though i agree with you when you say Israel can handle themselves.

They've been doing just fine against the crowds from Palestine for a while now.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by QBert

1. In mythology and legend, a man, often of divine ancestry, who is endowed with great courage and strength, celebrated for his bold exploits, and favored by the gods.
2. A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed his or her life: soldiers and nurses who were heroes in an unpopular war.
3. A person noted for special achievement in a particular field: the heroes of medicine. See Synonyms at celebrity.
4. The principal male character in a novel, poem, or dramatic presentation.
5. Chiefly New York City See submarine. See Regional Note at submarine.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by QBert

Yes it is easy to say when your country has high-tech weapons and facing people who have out dated weapons. Israel can handle their own and they know how wrong the war would be, that is why they need another powerful nation to strike first. That way when the world backlashes it will not only be Israel facing everyone else for their wrongs. The US will fall down with them.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Okay - that just shows me you can copy/paste from dictonary.com though.

Im saying that if you're opposed to physical violence
and you happen to be walking down the street
and you see a man attacking a woman on the sidewalk
if you rushed in and stopped him, you wouldnt be a 'hero' ?
You would consider yourself a monster for getting phsyical to save someone?

Again (in case you missed it) im not saying war with iran is the answer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join