It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions For The Lucid Dreamers, Astral Projectors, and Conscious OOBErs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I definetly think there is a link between lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis, my lucid dreaming started around 15years ago when I experienced my 1st sleep paralysis.

Your body needs to go into sleep paralysis in order that you don't physically act out your dreams and cause yourself harm, in the case of lucid dreaming it's the "consiousness" aspect that comes into play, if you are aware you are in a dream then you will also be more aware that you are under sleep paralysis... also I think that when a person goes to sleep their "spirit" (whatever you want to call it) actually seperates itself from the physical body and travels to higher dimensions of being. I have often felt myself floating up off my bed when falling into REM, I don't think the chemical that causes sleep paralysis has any effect at this stage and that is why I could feel my "spirit" seperating from my body.

Resentedhalo08.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Good question Rock Ape. And I don't see that as hijacking the thread. This is a great spot to ask stuff to examine differences and likenesses between experiences.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Here's another question. Do any of you notice any correlation between your dreaming/subconscious activity and things like the seasons, time of month, solar activity (assuming you keep track of it), the weather, etc.?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Not for me I tend to have Lucid Dreams most nights... also I've found that people who Lucid Dream one or twice, have the most fantastic dreams,, while I can have them if I so choose. My dreams tend to be quite normal. Sorry to say, but having the wildest amasing dreams every night gets a bit boring. I've found recently I like to dream about my past and explore what I call the other option.. the one I never took, and dream of what could have been.

peace

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Q_Llama
Here's another question. Do any of you notice any correlation between your dreaming/subconscious activity and things like the seasons, time of month, solar activity (assuming you keep track of it), the weather, etc.?

I definitely think there is correlation between dreaming and the subconscious.I have had dreams (lucid)that will help me to work through and try out scenarios in a controlled environment, also others that play off my fears and help me to work through them.
I find that I lucid dream more when it is raining or during a thunderstorm. I think it is just a calming effect. I seem to dream less during the winter, although I am not sure why. I logged in December only 15 lucid dreams compared with May which had 24. (I keep a dream diary, or try to, some mornings are too rushed to write it down, but I try to make a note every time I dream... so those numbers may be approximate, but should be accurate)

Originally posted by Rock Ape
I see a few of us Lucid Dreamers here all suffer from Sleep Paralysis. Do you think there is a direct link between the two, or just a coincidence ?

There maybe, I have had sleep Paralysis only once. So it is not enough to link them together, as I lucid dream constantly.

Hope this sheds some insight, though it be personal.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join