It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions For The Lucid Dreamers, Astral Projectors, and Conscious OOBErs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I have some questions for those of you who are experienced with Lucid Dreaming, Astral Projection, and conscious OOBEs. I assume we have a number of folks who hang out on this forum who fit that description.

1. Do you intentionally avoid consumption of any specific substances? For example, do you make an effort not to ingest fluoride?
  2. Do you intentionally ingest any specific substances in order to enrich your subconscious and the experiences you have within it?

3. Since you have become active in having Lucid Dreams, Astral Projections, and/or OOBEs, have you had to consistently take any medications or treatments as a result of a medical condition?
  4. If yes, and assuming you're comfortable with sharing, what is/was the medical condition and what is/was the medication?
  5. Was there any noticeable influence on your subconscious abilities as a result of the medication?

6. How long have you been able to experience these Lucid Dreaming, Astral Projection, and/or OOBEs?
  7. Was there a significant event or catalyst in your life which served as a turning point in helping you to get to the point where you could experience these things?

8. Have these subconscious experiences affected your life in a positive or negative manner?
  9. Do you feel that these experiences have had a permanent impact? Or are the effects short term only?

10. Are there any habits, rituals, or patterns which are unique to yourself, that you work through because you believe they influence your subconscious experiences?

11. Are there any things that you avoid, such as cell phones, television, microwaves, etc., because you believe that they would have a negative influence on your subconscious?

12. If you currently, or in the past, have practiced any organized religion, how would you say that it has affected your ability to dream, have OOBEs, or astral project?

13. What was the most peaceful experience you have had while dreaming or projecting?
  14. What was the most disturbing experience?
  15. Have you ever interacted with someone or something while dreaming or projecting?

16. How have your experiences with Lucid Dreaming, OOBEs, and/or Astral Projection changed your view of the world?

Thanks so much for reading, and if you feel compelled to answer these that would be wonderful. The reason I have posted them is because I am beginning to delve into these things, though I am currently working on my meditative discipline. However as I have been thinking about the next steps in subconscious experiences, a lot of those questions came to mind. I thought I'd see what kinds of answers those of you on here have for them.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Q_Llama

1. Do you intentionally avoid consumption of any specific substances? For example, do you make an effort not to ingest fluoride?
    I avoid Alcohol and other "depressants". I don't make a conscious effort to avoid fluoride

2. Do you intentionally ingest any specific substances in order to enrich your subconscious and the experiences you have within it?
    Sometimes I take B6 before bed, with noticeable results. I have tried ginko during the day with no real results noted.

3. Since you have become active in having Lucid Dreams, Astral Projections, and/or OOBEs, have you had to consistently take any medications or treatments as a result of a medical condition?
    No

4. If yes, and assuming you're comfortable with sharing, what is/was the medical condition and what is/was the medication?
  5. Was there any noticeable influence on your subconscious abilities as a result of the medication?

6. How long have you been able to experience these Lucid Dreaming, Astral Projection, and/or OOBEs?
    A few years, though I haven't been able to recently. Schedule conflicts make it difficult.

7. Was there a significant event or catalyst in your life which served as a turning point in helping you to get to the point where you could experience these things?
    Just consistent effort and dream journaling improved it. Reading books on the subject helped accelerate it.

8. Have these subconscious experiences affected your life in a positive or negative manner?
    Positive. It makes you aware that there is more to the world than you originally thought possible.

9. Do you feel that these experiences have had a permanent impact? Or are the effects short term only?
    They take constant effort. I think there is a permanant change in my perception of reality, but it still takes effort and discipline to be able to project/ LD.

10. Are there any habits, rituals, or patterns which are unique to yourself, that you work through because you believe they influence your subconscious experiences?
    I had good results with reality checks throughout the day and a relaxation ritual before bed.

11. Are there any things that you avoid, such as cell phones, television, microwaves, etc., because you believe that they would have a negative influence on your subconscious?
    Not really, I have had my suspicions about having my alarm clock right next to my head when I sleep though.

12. If you currently, or in the past, have practiced any organized religion, how would you say that it has affected your ability to dream, have OOBEs, or astral project?

13. What was the most peaceful experience you have had while dreaming or projecting?
    I had just watched "The fountain" and pretty much experienced the enlightenment scene in a lucid dream. Brought tears to my eyes.

I was chased by zombies in a Lucid Dream once. With OoBE's though, my experiences were usually fairly bland.

15. Have you ever interacted with someone or something while dreaming or projecting?
    Yes, but not on any meaningful level.

16. How have your experiences with Lucid Dreaming, OOBEs, and/or Astral Projection changed your view of the world?
    It made me realize how powerful our minds are. It made me connect religions, occultism, meditation together. It made me have a different view of the afterlife.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I have always been a vivid dreamer, my dreams tend to have a cinematic quality to them. I've seldom have a problem with dream recall. As far as lucid dreams, go I have been aware that I was dreaming for about 25+ years. It's only been the past 20 years or so that I realized I could exercise some control over my dreams.

I follow no particular diet or regimen. It is something that comes naturally.

I have noticed though, that my dreams are greatly impacted by external influences. For example, I can not watch horror movies. I have an over active imagination, as it is, and something as simple as viewing a trailer for a horror movie will negatively affect my dreams. I'm a real wuss in that area!

Another example, someone can mention a friend or acquaintance that I have not seen or thought about in a long time, and they will frequently appear in my dreams.

On an interesting note, I have a high frequency of dream recall within my dreams. In other words, I am able to pull memories of past dream sequences into other dreams. It's almost like I have my own little factitious world. I will occasionally come across familiar roads, or buildings and sometimes even people. But these are things that only exist in my dreams.

Hope this helps!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Nothing really specifically
    I do take Melatonin to improve sleep, and I do take a suppliment called "Dream Boost" to Improve my lucid dreaming.That being said I am also in the process of acquiring Calea Zacatechichi to further my lucid dreaming practices.

No,but there was a time when I was taking Zopiclone to assist in sleeping.It is a prescribed,hypnotic drug that enables the user to sleep more soundly.

Not especially, I could sleep better but I did not have dreams as much.I couldn't lucid dream effectively with this medication.

On and off for the past 2-3 years
    Not really,I attribute my ability with lucid dreams primarily to prescribed practices and the determination to lucid dream.

More positive, than negative I feel.It has allowed me to perceive reality as something not as concrete.
    In the way I perceive the world now, it is a permanent aspect.Short term stuff is usually heightened perception which increases with every lucid dream.

I tend to stray from unnecessary rituals, the ones I do keep around are the sleeping habits I have.The reminder to become lucid in my dream,and the constant questioning to myself even in the waking reality "Am I Dreaming"?

No

I don't practice any specific, organized religion.I feel lucid dreaming is something that is without these borders.

Flying in a very realistic dream,the colors and hues were soo vibrant ^~^.
    I haven't had any really disturbing dreams, I used to have them a very long time ago,before I had any experience with Lucid Dreams.
    No,but that is a very interesting subject.I would love to Lucid Dream with another person ^~^.

I see the world now in two ways, one the world of the waking dream.The other the world of the dreaming.The physical world to the spiritual world of possibilites.

Strictly LD as I have no experience that I can recall with OOBE's or AP.Hope this helps ^~^.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

No, other than trying not to eat too much junk food (and failing usually)
    Eating fast food/junk food right before bed causes me to have really strange dreams, but I don't make a habit of it

No

I've been able to know I was in a dream since I was around 12, so about 6 years. My first OOBE was around the same time. I've been "interacting" with my dreams for a little over a year
    The summer after 8th grade I had really bad nightmares, and that was about when it all started. Otherwise, no.

Definitely positive
    I don't really know. My OOBE things have been declining since they first started to the point that I almost never get them. I suspect I'll be able to dream lucidly for as long as I have dreams.

I forced myself to learn so I could stop having nightmares last summer. No real rituals or anything, though.
    Nope

I was briefly a Christian but not really a practicing one. Some of the religious things that I learned and aspects of the place that I learned this religion, which was a Christian summer camp for kids, show up in some of my dreams. Other than that, not at all.

Probably flying.
    Killing someone to make a dream stop and feeling the knife/sword cut into them very graphically. The various nightmares I got when I was still learning how to do it were all very disturbing.
    I've talked in my sleep, and have said things like "this is a dream" to people in my dreams, but otherwise, no.

They've definitely made things more interesting.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I found that Calea really did enhance my dreams when I already had a good foundation but it never really helped me get Lucid. I had people try it who rarely remembered their dreams and it didn't really have much of an effect on them. Calea Tea is hands down the WORST tasting thing I have ever encountered. I had no idea something could taste so bad. Words don't do it justice.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Have any of you noticed any side effects from taking Melatonin? What form(s) do you ingest it in? I am tempted to try it if it's easily obtainable and won't have any negative impact on me.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Q_Llama

There are a few things you may want to try before ingesting any type of substance. For lucid dreaming, start keeping a dream journal, and use it immediately upon waking up when recall is freshest. The more often you do this the more disciplined you become on focusing upon the details of your dreams. After awhile you will have trained yourself to becoming more congnitive in the dream state. Hence, lucid dreaming.

As for OBEs, I've experienced a few unintentional ones. The first two or three times I was in college, and it scared the hell out of me. I did not understand what I was experiencing. Every once in a blue moon I'll experience one momentairly, but I never venture further then the ceiling in my room. Needless to say, I have so far been unable to conjure one up at will, much less one I can control on any level.

THAT said, it has been posted that the doorway to OBEs can sometimes be more easily attained after much practiced lucid dreaming. While that hasn't necessarily been the case with me, if an OBE is what you are ultimately trying to achieve, you may want to start with lucid dreaming first.

Best of luck in your adventures!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I first began lucid dreaming many years ago as a little boy so long ago I don't remember when. I believe it became a response to some nightmares. I discovered in one that I was only dreaming and could destroy the creatures giving me the nightmare. I did quite easily.

As far as helping out lucid dreaming, I seemed to remember having them more often if I sleep in late on the weekend when I could have gotten up instead. It's possible I was having them already but remembered them better because I was sleeping lighter and waking up easier in the late morning hours because I was usually already awake.

I haven't had as many lately but it seems like I'm not getting enough sleep lately either for what most say is a normal healthy amount. I have been taking an anti-allergy 12 hour pill since it seems I have a lot more allergies now.

The worst dream I remember, (I don't know if it was really lucid or not.) I will say the worst one was when I dreamed I enjoyed killing and thought of it like an art form using a knife or blade a lot of the time. Waking up from that dream and remembering how I enjoyed it, disgusted me and I just wanted to forget it. It was like Satan himself gave me that dream.

The most pleasant dream, that is a hard one to pick and choose. You could say floating on the clouds in the sky above, sleeping with the girl of your dreams, or anything else your imagination can dream of.

My lucid dreaming hasn't had too many boundaries. There are a few things I never did and have no desire to.

Some of my weirdest lucid dreams involved feeling somewhat awake but seeing an alien world where the sky glowed red. There were strange looking plants and animals there as well. It was like I was there and that was the really strange part. Another strange lucid dream involved getting so powerful I could create and destroy the entire galaxy in a whim. I remember I did that to the Earth and everyone on it about 9 times. I was experimenting. Eventually I got bored and wanted out of that dream. Dreaming that I had some kind of consciousness outside of my body seemed weird. It was like my knowledge of the universe was so large, it existed in space outside of my body. That is hard to describe. The one thing I didn't understand when I became superpowerful was why I kept losing all my human emotions. It was like human emotions are something that stays in a lower realm of existence.

Lingering effects now in my dreams are doing supernatural things while not really doing any other lucid dreaming.

Here's one thought to think about. If you have noticed any strange or unusual events in your life, have you ever wondered if you're in a virtual world your mind has created but your real body is lying on a hospital table in the real world and others are just hoping you wake up out of your reality here you created? I guess that is like the movie Total Recall and you could wonder "what if" a million times. I have a fantastic imagination as well.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by orionthehunter]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Have any of you noticed any side effects from taking Melatonin? What form(s) do you ingest it in? I am tempted to try it if it's easily obtainable and won't have any negative impact on me.

In my own experience Melatonin does not have any side effects that i have noticed.The Melatonin comes in pill form, 3mg tablets.The first time I took it I felt more drowsy when I woke up but after awhile this effect wore off.Its affect on my dreaming was not as extreme as I was hoping it to be.It did however increase my own frequency of dreaming.It didn't do anything to affect lucid dreaming for me, however.Though it does help with dreaming in general, I can't lucid dream unless I have a dream to begin with.I have also taken up to three pills at one time.It does help me fall asleep faster but it doesn't improve my dreaming capacity, and it also made me feel more drowsy upon awakening.It is however still a useful tool in my own opinion.It is to note that there are a few minor things that did occur for me.On occasion, after I had taken more than one pill the waking reality felt somewhat less tangible than it is normally.It retained an etheric quality, a feeling of cotton on the eyes.This among other things.Hope this helps clarify a few things for you ^~^!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

I have some questions for those of you who are experienced with Lucid Dreaming, Astral Projection, and conscious OOBEs. I assume we have a number of folks who hang out on this forum who fit that description.

I am a lucid dreamer. I am working on OoBE with only "half out" success

I have been off Flouride for about a year now, I can remember my dreams better, but if it adds to the frequency of my lucid dreams I dont know.

No, I don't.

Nope

4. If yes, and assuming you're comfortable with sharing, what is/was the medical condition and what is/was the medication?N/A
  5. Was there any noticeable influence on your subconscious abilities as a result of the medication?N/A

I have been lucid dreaming since I was about 8 or 9 yrs old, Have been working on OoBE only a few weeks.(consciously)

Have never been to officially link it, but I had a head injury when I was 8 yrs old. Could be the cause??

Positive- has helped me to work through problems in my waking life. Negative- scaring the beegeezus out of myself either not knowing where I am, or as I had earlier this week, dreaming of my death.

Well seeing as I have continuously done so for well over 15 yrs now I would say it's pretty permanent.

I relax for around 20 min before I try to sleep.

No

I had former religious beliefs, in my opinion, I didn't pay as much attention to my dreams at that time. Which religion it was is inconsequential.

Would have to be the relaxing dream of being in the mountains.

Definitely dreaming my death. creepy

My friend and I tried once but it did not work See this thread for more info.
    ATS-Lucid dreaming experiment

I think this has givin me more of an open mind to the metaphsyical and unknown. You can not video tape a dream and as such there will always be neigh sayers and skeptics. This is what I live with and that is about all I can say.

Hope this helps with your search.Feel free to ask more if you think of anything.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I don't avoid any consumptions but when i'm clearheaded the dreams tend to stick better than when under the influence of alcohol or some other drug. I did find that 'St johns worth' is pretty good in regard to dreaming and remembering your dreams ( it's also one of the side effects listed btw)

No.

Lucid dreaming is something that i had from as long as i can remember, on a later age i discovered the fact that lucid dreaming is not something everyone gets handed on a platter.
  7. Was there a significant event or catalyst in your life which served as a turning point in helping you to get to the point where you could experience these things?No.

Positive
    Long term effect, i always loved dreaming, it's a lifelong hobby

10. Are there any habits, rituals, or patterns which are unique to yourself, that you work through because you believe they influence your subconscious experiences?Everybody has those i'd say. but one thing that i have is that i cannot get worked up about something, getting me mad or depressed is a job that almost nobody gets done. Black and white do not exist in my book and i always see the other ones point of view and can understand their perspective even if i do not agree.

11. Are there any things that you avoid, such as cell phones, television, microwaves, etc., because you believe that they would have a negative influence on your subconscious?Not in the daytime but before going to sleep i like to read for about 30 minutes, put my cellphone out of the way from my bed and pull the plugs on my TV, PC etc. and it does work if you want to sleep sound

12. If you currently, or in the past, have practiced any organized religion, how would you say that it has affected your ability to dream, have OOBEs, or astral project? No, i have not practised any organized religion

13. What was the most peaceful experience you have had while dreaming or projecting?Flying around in whatever setting there is at the moment and not having a care in the world
  14. What was the most disturbing experience?A nightmare that kept me awake for about 2 days
  15. Have you ever interacted with someone or something while dreaming or projecting? regurlarly, spoken with all kinds of people, fought with them, got chased by all kinds of stuff, any interaction i have ever had with real life people i have when dreaming

16. How have your experiences with Lucid Dreaming, OOBEs, and/or Astral Projection changed your view of the world?It didn't because i always had it

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
1 Do you intentionally avoid consumption of any specific substances? For example, do you make an effort not to ingest fluoride?

Not at all

2 Do you intentionally ingest any specific substances in order to enrich your subconscious and the experiences you have within i

Once again no.. and Eating cheese don't give you nightmares either...

3 Since you have become active in having Lucid Dreams, Astral Projections, and/or OOBEs, have you had to consistently take any medications or treatments as a result of a medical condition?

Never needed medication

4 If yes, and assuming you're comfortable with sharing, what is/was the medical condition and what is/was the medication?

N/A

5 Was there any noticeable influence on your subconscious abilities as a result of the medication?

N/A

6 How long have you been able to experience these Lucid Dreaming, Astral Projection, and/or OOBEs?

As long as I can Remember.

7 Was there a significant event or catalyst in your life which served as a turning point in helping you to get to the point where you could experience these things?

No.. Lucid Dreaming runs in my Mothers side of the family. Her and here sisters are all Lucid Dreamers.

8 Have these subconscious experiences affected your life in a positive or negative manner?

Always positive, if your in control...

9 Do you feel that these experiences have had a permanent impact? Or are the effects short term only?

Oh definately.. I look forward to sleep

10 Are there any habits, rituals, or patterns which are unique to yourself, that you work through because you believe they influence your subconscious experiences?

None to my knowledge, Unless snoring is one of them

11 Are there any things that you avoid, such as cell phones, television, microwaves, etc., because you believe that they would have a negative influence on your subconscious?

No thats all just rubbish

12 If you currently, or in the past, have practiced any organized religion, how would you say that it has affected your ability to dream, have OOBEs, or astral project?

I'm Agnostic

13 What was the most peaceful experience you have had while dreaming or projecting?

Only Ever had an OBE once.. and that was the most peaceful thing I've ever felt

14 What was the most disturbing experience?

Never had one, I'm in control.. mostly

15 Have you ever interacted with someone or something while dreaming or projecting?

All the time, I even have what I call Lucid friends, who are people created by my mind I onnly meet in my dreams

16 How have your experiences with Lucid Dreaming, OOBEs, and/or Astral Projection changed your view of the world?

My OBE changed my world view. I no longer fear death like I did.

Peace

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Rock Ape]

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Rock Ape]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I am a regular lucid dreamer and will gladly answer your questions

1.)Do you intentionally avoid consumption of any specific substances? For example, do you make an effort not to ingest fluoride?

Strangely enough yes, I avoid tap water

2.)Do you intentionally ingest any specific substances in order to enrich your subconscious and the experiences you have within it?

I have never found it nessecary to do so, however smoking cannabis can highten my perceptiveness

3.)Since you have become active in having Lucid Dreams, Astral Projections, and/or OOBEs, have you had to consistently take any medications or treatments as a result of a medical condition?

Not really no

If yes, and assuming you're comfortable with sharing, what is/was the medical condition and what is/was the medication?

Was there any noticeable influence on your subconscious abilities as a result of the medication?

N/A

4.)How long have you been able to experience these Lucid Dreaming, Astral Projection, and/or OOBEs?

I lucid dreamed on a regular basis for the last 15 years

5.)Was there a significant event or catalyst in your life which served as a turning point in helping you to get to the point where you could experience these things?

I found that I started having lucid dreams after I suffered sleep paralysis, an experience I shall never forget! Since then I have consistantly lucid dreamed.

6.)Have these subconscious experiences affected your life in a positive or negative manner?

Most definately a positive manner, I have experienced an increase in my IQ and also an increase in my ability to think outside the box, as it were.

7.)Do you feel that these experiences have had a permanent impact? Or are the effects short term only?

A permanent impact as the more you lucid dream the more you can learn about the nature of reality.

8)Are there any habits, rituals, or patterns which are unique to yourself, that you work through because you believe they influence your subconscious experiences?

I have been taught in the lucid dreaming state how to induce more vivid lucid dreams and how to implant subconscious cues so that I can preform certain "tricks/abilities"

9.)Are there any things that you avoid, such as cell phones, television, microwaves, etc., because you believe that they would have a negative influence on your subconscious?

Yes, I try to avoid mainstream media as it is a way to manipulate what you think, closing your mind to possibilities.

10.)If you currently, or in the past, have practiced any organized religion, how would you say that it has affected your ability to dream, have OOBEs, or astral project?

I have avoided organised religion as I see it as a means of control over people.

11.)What was the most peaceful experience you have had while dreaming or projecting?

Flying through the sky and clouds as fast and high as I like... with my arms outstreched like superman, lol.

12.)What was the most disturbing experience?

Being held in a dungeon and being tortured, however I see this as an exercise were you experience somebody else's experiences so that you can learn valuble lessons and gain a new perspective in life.

13.)Have you ever interacted with someone or something while dreaming or projecting?

All the time, I interact with my guides who teach me how to control the lucid dreaming state.

14.)How have your experiences with Lucid Dreaming, OOBEs, and/or Astral Projection changed your view of the world?

I have gained a deeper understanding of reality and consciousness.

Hope that helps, if you have any further questions I would be more than happy to answer them

Resentedhalo08.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Melatonin just helps me get a more sound sleep. No real side effects. My Dr. thinks it doesn't even aid sleep and it is just a placebo effect. I don't know, but it helps me. Melatonin combined with B6 makes for some crazy dreams.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Weekend Science project

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
  • Do you intentionally avoid consumption of any specific substances? For example, do you make an effort not to ingest fluoride?

No.

• Do you intentionally ingest any specific substances in order to enrich your subconscious and the experiences you have within it?

No.

• Since you have become active in having Lucid Dreams, Astral Projections, and/or OOBEs, have you had to consistently take any medications or treatments as a result of a medical condition?

No.

• If yes, and assuming you're comfortable with sharing, what is/was the medical condition and what is/was the medication?

(see above)

• Was there any noticeable influence on your subconscious abilities as a result of the medication?

(see above)

• How long have you been able to experience these Lucid Dreaming, Astral Projection, and/or OOBEs?

Since childhood, ability comes and goes, sometimes gone for months, sometimes back for months.

• Was there a significant event or catalyst in your life which served as a turning point in helping you to get to the point where you could experience these things?

No. Its natural for anyone. When in your most relaxed, natural state, it happens automatically/naturally. "Paranormal" is actually normal, whereas what people call "normal" (not being able to do it) is actually an abnormal state due to everyday tension/resistance.

• Have these subconscious experiences affected your life in a positive or negative manner?

They are not subconscious, more hyper-conscious, imo. Lucid states of awareness during sleep spillover into waking life and vice-versa.

• Do you feel that these experiences have had a permanent impact? Or are the effects short term only?

It works both ways (see above)

• Are there any habits, rituals, or patterns which are unique to yourself, that you work through because you believe they influence your subconscious experiences?

Nothing is done in order to LD or OBE. They are a side-effect of living normally (as opposed to the abnormal rat-race many call "life").

• Are there any things that you avoid, such as cell phones, television, microwaves, etc., because you believe that they would have a negative influence on your subconscious?

No.

• If you currently, or in the past, have practiced any organized religion, how would you say that it has affected your ability to dream, have OOBEs, or astral project?

Fixed beliefs about "how things are" have a detrimental effect on staying aware of all-that-is.

• What was the most peaceful experience you have had while dreaming or projecting?

States of high bliss.

• What was the most disturbing experience?

Sleep Paralysis.

• Have you ever interacted with someone or something while dreaming or projecting?

Yes.

• How have your experiences with Lucid Dreaming, OOBEs, and/or Astral Projection changed your view of the world?

You might want to look at it the other way around: Your waking-life-views effect your sleeping-life experiences, not only do your LD/OBE effect your waking life.

If you have trouble experiencing LD/OBE: Becoming more interested/aware in dreams eventually leads to becoming more aware WITHIN dreams...which leads to LD/OBE.

• posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:33 PM
    link   

Originally posted by bone13

Weekend Science project

Not really.
    It looks like it though, eh? Hehe...

Actually I have been wondering about how much of what we endure, consume, and take in from our environments during our daily lives affects our abilities to do things involving the subconscious. Given the amount of theories regarding how cell phones, fluoride, wireless towers, genetically modified foods, and other stuff affect our brains, I wanted to see how experienced explorers of the subconscious were influenced by those things. So far it is hard to tell.

It would be interesting to have some people who regularly experiences lucid dreams, astral projection, and/or OOBEs make a concerted effort to avoid exposure to the things that might hamper the mind's ability to function the way it is meant to. I have this strong feeling that there'd be a significant change.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:36 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Skyfloating

Skyfloating, thanks for the response. The thing that struck me, and you mentioned it directly, is how you suggest viewing being awake as an extension of the subconscious experience. I've never heard that before, and it definitely gives me something to think about.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:02 AM
    link   
    I see a few of us Lucid Dreamers here all suffer from Sleep Paralysis. Do you think there is a direct link between the two, or just a coincidence ?

I'd like to hear your views on this..

not trying to hijack the thread, just adding to it..

Peace..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join