It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Life Ignore Button

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Just curious, but does anyone else besides me wish you had one of these?

Someone just comes up to you, or calls you on the phone, and you just want a REAL LIFE IGNORE button!!!!
Oh what fun I could have with that.
The guy who lives behind me, who plays "Smoke on the Water " 50 times over, and sounds like a dying duck in a thunderstorm when he sings..
*IGNORE*

My nosy neighbor who makes it her business to know everything about everybody, and pass it around.
*IGNORE*

The construction and lawn maintenance guys that whistle and shout cat calls while I walk down the street. (Hence where my mp3 player comes in handy)
*IGNORE*

Oh, so many more I could list...:bnghd:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
An interesting idea. Although I can see a problem. You'd have to be very circumspect about how you use it. You wouldn't want to ignore traffic for example. For that you'd need a *Delete* button. Although that's got some possibilitys as well. (Mildly evil chuckle)

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I have found that it is best to confront life's challenges. Ignoring them only gives them a chance to become larger challenges.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
An interesting idea. Although I can see a problem. You'd have to be very circumspect about how you use it. You wouldn't want to ignore traffic for example. For that you'd need a *Delete* button. Although that's got some possibilitys as well. (Mildly evil chuckle)

OOOO!!!! Me likes the idea of a delete button..
>Insert Evil smilie here

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I want an ignore button for my ex girlfriend, no matter what I do, change mobile numbers, change land line numbers, change e-mail address she always finds me, I even went as far as changing work and she found me, if anyone gets a real life ignore button I will pay any price.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

Your ignore button for this situation is openness and honesty and perhaps a little harshness is sometimes called for!! NOT that you haven't already tried that but perhaps you should look her in the eye and tell her you are NO longer interested and she needs to get a life....

Sorry AD, hehehehe, didn't mean to go off topic

But i seem to get on with everyone but yes, sometimes i really want an ignore button. In fact, sometimes i want an invisibility button!!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

1. my neigbours, neigbours Dog
bloody thing just barks every second for no reason.

2. my self

3. reality

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Camilo1
I want an ignore button for my ex girlfriend, no matter what I do, change mobile numbers, change land line numbers, change e-mail address she always finds me, I even went as far as changing work and she found me, if anyone gets a real life ignore button I will pay any price.

Buddy, you need an *Anti-Stalker* button.
Can you say..RESTRAINING ORDER?
WOW!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

I like the idea of an invisibility button too.
I'm trying to think of things that I could use that for, but they all seem either DEFINITELY illegal, or immoral.
But there's gotta be some good to that somewhere. I suppose it's just my frame of mind this morning.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

1. my neigbours, neigbours Dog
bloody thing just barks every second for no reason.

2. my self

3. reality

Buddy, I hear you on barking dogs..:shk:

Reality, yes..sometimes it's just too much to bear.

Myself, well, I can't say that I have ever wanted to ignore myself..except for perhaps negative thoughts that sometimes float into my head.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
The construction and lawn maintenance guys that whistle and shout cat calls while I walk down the street. (Hence where my mp3 player comes in handy)
*IGNORE*

aww man you mean I can't do that to you anymore? Dernit. And here I thought you liked my cat calls.

Oh though I do agree here. So many things this could be handy for.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Ok Wukky..but just you.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

HAHAHA yes come to think of it, an invisibility button could come in seriously handy

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

Agreed.

Especially around 3pm on Friday when the urge to sneak out of the office and start the weekend off right becomes too great. Of course, an "ignore button" would also work in this situation, but you might not have a job on Monday.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Here's an idea that you may wish to consider. It would combine the best of them all. *Edit* Don't like the traffic? Edit it out! Want to sneak out of work? Edit the time! Negative thoughts? Edit them out! Stalker? Edit it so that they never heard of you!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

*IGNORE*

Got a picture? *cat calls!*

Just kidding, don't ignore me

new topics

top topics

join