It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ed McMahon, 85, Fights Foreclosure on Multimillion-Dollar Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Ed McMahon, 85, Fights Foreclosure on Multimillion-Dollar Home

www.foxnews.com

LOS ANGELES — Ed McMahon, who for decades appeared as Johnny Carson's sidekick on "The Tonight Show," is fighting to avoid foreclosure on his multimillion-dollar Beverly Hills home, according to published reports.

He was $644,000 behind on payments on $4.8 million in mortgage loans when a unit of Countrywide Financial Corp. filed a default notice Feb. 28 with the Los Angeles County Recorder's Office, The Wall Street Journal first reported late Tuesday.

McMahon, 85, has been unable to work as a pitchman for various products since he broke his neck 18 months ago, said his spokesman, Howard Bragman.

"There are plenty of people affected by the weak economy, bad housing market or bad health," Bragman said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Wow!

I was surprised to hear this. Not because I thought McMahon was doing great these days, but one would have thought he could have easily been taken care of for life.

I guess it's all how you manage the money.

What the story doesn't say is how many homes Ed actually owns currently. Anyone know?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It's really silly for people who earned so much money in their life to find themselves in such a predicament.

I heard this morning on the radio one big reason he's have problems selling his home is he lives right next to brittney Spears aka media circus magnet!

join