posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:57 PM
1. The contest is open to all members of abovetopsecret.com, or belowtopsecret.com. Employees of The Above Network LLC (TAN), its contest sponsor,
advertising and promotional agencies and their respective affiliates and associates and such employees' immediate family members and persons with
whom such employees are domiciled are excluded from this contest. (thus I'm out - besides, it wouldn't be fair to the other members if I entered.
it'd be like putting babe ruth on a little league team).
2. The prize is not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded.
3. Decisions of the contest judges are final - no substitutions will be available.
4. By claiming the prize, the winner authorizes the use, without additional compensation of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph
and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including without limitation, radio
broadcasts, newspapers and other publications and in television or film releases, slides, videotape, distribution over the internet and picture date
storage) which TAN may deem appropriate.
5. In accepting the prize, the winner, and any guest(s), acknowledges that TAN may not be held liable for any loss, damages or injury associated with
accepting or using this prize(s).
6. The person(s) whose name(s) is drawn as being the winner(s) of the specific prize will be required to answer a skill-testing question before the
prize is awarded to them.
7. Detailed contest rules applicable to this contest, including contest entry dates, how to enter, and prize value, number and any restrictions
applicable to these prizes are available here. You're reading them. This rule is always the most inane but I added it because I like the inane.
8. Winners and any guests at the age of majority must sign a release form as prepared and accepted by TAN acknowledging their acceptance and
understanding of the complete contest rules. They must also be prepared for site wide ridicule for entering themselves in this contest and they must
be prepared to give a stool sample as well as two pints of blood, in case we need it.
9. TAN retains the rights, in its absolute and sole discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent kind or approximate value in the event of the
unavailability of any prize or component of the prize for any reason whatsoever or to simply close the contest if it becomes too silly.
10.This contest is subject to all federal, state, local and Crakeurian laws.
11. TAN reserves the right to withdraw or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice. I said this already but I'm repeating it because
it makes me happy.
12. Approximate value of prizes vary. They're ATS points. While we don't want you to waste them, we do want you to use them as the use of ATS
points will further enhance the economy.
13. If prize involves a concert destination and accommodation, concert destination is at the discretion of TAN, and is subject to ticket availability.
Accommodation, unless otherwise stated, refers to 2 nights, double-occupancy accommodations in a 3-star hotel. If prize involves travel, winner and
travel companion must agree to the airline's Terms and Conditions of travel. Once confirmed, trip dates and travel accommodations cannot be changed
by winner; however, travel is subject to availability, blackout dates, and/or change due to circumstances beyond Sponsors' and Administrators'
control. Winner and travel companion must travel on the same dates, itinerary, and fare class. No extensions will be permitted, and any unused travel
will be forfeited. Winner and guest are responsible for ensuring that all travel papers required for travel to the Destination are in good order, and
are valid prior to, and for the entire duration of, the Grand Prize Period. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer and
may not be separated and must be accepted as awarded, cash equivalent substitution will not be available. All tickets issued in conjunction with the
Grand Prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, and no code-share flights may be used. Ha Ha, you thought there might be a real prize!
That's funny. Perhaps you should enter yourself in the most gullible member contest. Grand Prize is one Billion Dollars.
14. One entry per person. If you can't win as yourself, odds are, your sock puppet won't win either so don't waste the judges time. Wait,
they're judges on an ATS ladies man contest. They have plenty of time on their hands. Otherwise they'd have never come up with this "let's treat
men like slabs of beef" contest in the first place.